• 59 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -

Let me explain. I know about hulu but it seems like that never has the episodes I want, just a bunch of clips. I recently watched all 6 seasons of How I Met Your Mother on Netflix and the show is now on season 7 and is about 14 episodes in. The first 3 episodes of season 7 were on CBS.com but after that the rest have to be bought off of itunes for $2.99 each. I had $6 in credit on a gift card so I was able to watch episodes 4 and 5 for free but I am still about 8-9 episodes behind and that is just to much money to spend on tv shows. I was really hoping to catch up so that way I can start watching on Monday nights and finish out the season. So is there any way to watch without paying so much money? I am in college so my computer is hooked the network here so torrents are out of the question. I really didn't want to have to stop watching till it came out on dvd for Netflix because I am so hooked, but if I have to then I guess I will have to stop for awhile.

#2 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

#3 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Well, you could do things that are illegal.

Or, you could pay for them on a service like iTunes.

But I bet you already knew these things. So, what are you asking?

#4 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

Really? Well I have been searching on google for quite some time and can't seem to find anything that works.
#5 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

@Hockeymask27 said:

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

Really? Well I have been searching on google for quite some time and can't seem to find anything that works.

try the words free tv. I like to help more but I feel bad linking this kind of stuff.

#6 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

@Hockeymask27 said:

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

Really? Well I have been searching on google for quite some time and can't seem to find anything that works.

That's because you are looking for things that are illegal. Google is trying not to support that. Further, if something was listed on a Google search, it would certainly be easy to find, hence, easier to prosecute. You know, for doing things that are illegal.

#7 Posted by CornBREDX (4459 posts) -

If its not Hulu or from their respective owners, and free, its generally illicit. I wont tell you how to do it the illicit way. If its not on the services that do it legit, then it costs because that is what the property owners require.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11063 posts) -

@Hockeymask27 said:

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

This was going to be my answer. Damn ninjas.

Anyway, I'm not linking. I'm pretty certain that can get me a warning, though I can assure you that if you want to watch it, it's out there. I still encourage saving money and buying it, though, as that will provide both money for the creators and a better (and spyware-free) experience for you.

#9 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -

Wow so I just got a call from some random automated number saying they detected fraud on my credit card account because I tried to enter details into that website www.tv-links.com and I was trying to verify that it was actually me but I accidentally hung up when hitting another button so now I dont think they are calling back so I just abandoned using that website. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait for season 7 to come out on DVD.

#10 Posted by zudthespud (3278 posts) -

You actually put your credit card into that? Holy shit.

#11 Posted by OldGuy (1434 posts) -
@BrockNRolla said:

But by all means, enter your credit card into a site like this. I'm sure it will go wonderfully.

Urgh... all this just reminds me that it's been a couple of months since someone here at work has brought in a company owned laptop that I've got to fix because they've done something super fabulous like this... It'll happen any day now... I can feel it...
#12 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
@zudthespud said:

You actually put your credit card into that? Holy shit.

I know....I am actually kind of afraid now to tell you the truth. A user said that he used it and it worked so I trusted him since I didnt think he would post something illegal on a board. I got a call from a fraud detection company asking me to verify but I didnt verify I hung up on accident so idk I am kind of worried now.....
#13 Posted by mordukai (7093 posts) -

@Hockeymask27 said:

The internet. Seriously its not that hard to find.

Damn it. I was about to post the same thing.

#14 Posted by Mikular (156 posts) -

Also, you don't need to put your credit card in that site. And it's .eu. And it's free.

FUCK, man.

#15 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

@ZeForgotten said:
@BrockNRolla said:

@Why_So_Serious said:

@nosiwohL said:

I always search for what I want to watch at http://www.tv-links.eu/

Seems to work for me

Hey I got it to work on this website by creating an account there. I saw this website earlier but I was to afraid to use it because I wasn't sure if it was a legit website or not and it was asking for credit card info to verify I was in the US. You use it right? So its a legit website?

IT IS ILLEGAL. Therefore, IT IS NOT LEGIT. But by all means, enter your credit card into a site like this. I'm sure it will go wonderfully.

What this guy is trying to say is:

  1. NO discussion of illegal activities. Includes but not limited to the discussion of illicit substances, circumvention of copy protection, and piracy of video games or any form of media.
Well I didn't know that. I thought since a user said he used the website that it was a legit site. I just assumed it was because I didnt think he would post about using a website that is ILLEGAL ona GAMEING WEBSITE. Good thing my credit card company has fraud protection agaisnt site like this and that it didnt accept my info.

I believe a famous philosopher once said, "Common sense is not so common." Thank you for providing a present day example.

#16 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (319 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

Wow so I just got a call from some random automated number saying they detected fraud on my credit card account because I tried to enter details into that website www.tv-links.com and I was trying to verify that it was actually me but I accidentally hung up when hitting another button so now I dont think they are calling back so I just abandoned using that website. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait for season 7 to come out on DVD.

I have never laughed so hard at a forum post in my life.

#17 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@LibrorumProhibitorum said:

@Why_So_Serious said:

Wow so I just got a call from some random automated number saying they detected fraud on my credit card account because I tried to enter details into that website www.tv-links.com and I was trying to verify that it was actually me but I accidentally hung up when hitting another button so now I dont think they are calling back so I just abandoned using that website. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait for season 7 to come out on DVD.

I have never laughed so hard at a forum post in my life.

Almost seems too ridiculous to be true, right?

#18 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
@BrockNRolla
I know I know I know. The like 2nd poster said it was a site he used all the time so I just assumed it was legit because I wasnt thinking and I thought he was directing me to a legit site becuase I didnt think he would post something illegal on a website like this. Now I am freaking out because it said it couldnt accept my info but for all i know it probably is supposed to say something like that. I got a call from the fraud placing asking me to verify that its me so I'm hoping it caught that and protected me but idk. Yes, go ahead and flame me I deserve it for the temporary lapse in good judgement.
#19 Posted by thebatmobile (978 posts) -

It's hilarious how anyone is taking Mr Troll here seriously.

Are the mods asleep?

#20 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
@thebatmobile said:

It's hilarious how anyone is taking Mr Troll here seriously.

Are the mods asleep?

Uhm....I hate to make fun of myself but I'm not trolling. I actually made a dumb mistake. I thought that website was legit because someone posted a link to it.
#21 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

@BrockNRolla: I know I know I know. The like 2nd poster said it was a site he used all the time so I just assumed it was legit because I wasnt thinking and I thought he was directing me to a legit site becuase I didnt think he would post something illegal on a website like this. Now I am freaking out because it said it couldnt accept my info but for all i know it probably is supposed to say something like that. I got a call from the fraud placing asking me to verify that its me so I'm hoping it caught that and protected me but idk. Yes, go ahead and flame me I deserve it for the temporary lapse in good judgement.

Sigh... I think your first lapse in judgement was when you asked people for illegal advice on a gaming website. There is no such thing as FREE TV on the internet unless its being provided by the network that provides the show on television. How you lack this knowledge is beyond me. That was what you deserved to be flamed for. The entering of the credit card information? That's beyond me. I almost don't believe you did it, because it is beyond my comprehension that someone would do something that incredibly irresponsible and stupid.

So, you should now call your credit card company and ask that they put a notice on your card. Ask them to call if any odd purchases are placed. Maybe even get a new card altogether. This is your mess. Time to clean it up.

#22 Posted by thebatmobile (978 posts) -

@Why_So_Serious said:

@thebatmobile said:

It's hilarious how anyone is taking Mr Troll here seriously.

Are the mods asleep?

I thought that website was legit because someone posted a link to it.

What the... How... I don't... You're either a gullible ten-year old or SUPER stupid. Well, good luck with whatever.

#23 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@thebatmobile said:

It's hilarious how anyone is taking Mr Troll here seriously.

Are the mods asleep?

Flagged right away, but no change. Mods sleeping? Dead? Can someone call their neighbor so they can check on them?

#24 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
@BrockNRolla
Yeah I know. I made a dumb mistake. It was stupid of me.  I learned a lesson.
#25 Posted by OtakuGamer (1184 posts) -

Yar har, fiddle di dee, being a pirate is alright to be, do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

#26 Edited by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -

Well I called my credit card company and they fixed everything. Fraud protection blocked it and nothing happened. It was because it is a British website and they automatically block all british websites due to the high amount of fraud there.
EDIT: Also  just wanted to apologized to everyone for being stupid and not knowing a lot about the internet. I thought there were more websites that had free streaming for tv shows other than places like Hulu or its partners. At least I know now that there arent other legit websites like that.

#27 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

In prison

#28 Posted by Benny (1938 posts) -

fraud is the number one cause of death in Britain followed by knifing and glassing

#29 Posted by Evilsbane (4348 posts) -

Well I laughed my ass off at this Fantastical thread of hope and wonder.

#30 Posted by MrKlorox (11187 posts) -
@Why_So_Serious said:
@BrockNRolla:  Yeah I know. I made a dumb mistake. It was stupid of me.  I learned a lesson.
Out of curiosity, exactly which lessons did you learn? Because there were multiple.
#31 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

Just use torrents. Screw the network. There are always ways around such things.

#32 Posted by SSully (4060 posts) -

This thread tells such a hilarious tale about one idiot and his quest on the internet. I love it.

#33 Posted by JasonR86 (9381 posts) -

really?

#34 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

@SSully said:

This thread tells such a hilarious tale about one idiot and his quest on the internet. I love it.

yep this song helps

#35 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

I heard Hulu is not bad if you deal with the ads. They have alcatraz, persona and chuck

#36 Posted by louiedog (2331 posts) -

A troll thread with links to pirated content. Amazing that it has lasted three pages. A record?

#37 Posted by thellama042 (102 posts) -

I think this should be locked & saved as a perfect example of what NOT to do on the internet...

#38 Posted by dudeglove (7275 posts) -

OP is trolling, flag this crap and move on.

#39 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

I just came in here to say i attempted to flag this shit show, but apparently i'm not allowed? Where are the mods when you actually need one...

#40 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

In the UK there is BBC iPlayer, 4OD that are free.

#41 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (486 posts) -

You can watch TV episodes on the television, at least that's how I do it sometimes. I don't think anyone has said that yet.

#42 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

Seriously guys...How hard is it to recognize a troll, flag and move on.

#43 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Sneak into people's houses and watch with them from the shadows...

#44 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

It's not a troll thread. He wants to watch TV shows and some helpful people are giving advice.

#45 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

Just go to the house of a friend or family member who has a PVR and TV.

Also, how can you watch a show like How I Met Your Mother?

#46 Posted by Wikitoups (714 posts) -

Meet me outside at the back. I might know a guy.

#47 Posted by FreakAche (2938 posts) -

Turn on your magic picture box and grab all of that free TV out of the air!

#48 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

This thread is weird.

#49 Edited by CrazyBagMan (801 posts) -

torrents... IMO torrenting something that's free to begin with isn't praiting

#50 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

Jesus fucking Christ man.
 
Just use JTV like the rest of us. AND DON'T PUT IN YOUR CREDIT CARD. IT'S FREE.