Where do you get your clothes from?

• 54 results
TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Looking to order some clothes online, where do you get yours? Don't have a certain style so all recommendations welcome.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Erm.... I'm sure I'm inviting criticism when I say it, but I get all my clothes from Walmart. When I can afford to get any.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

Pretty much like Mortuss_Zero, I don't spend a lot on clothes, I tend to buy from nearby H&M stores.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I get my shirts from Design By Humans and RedBubble

My jeans, shorts, socks and underwear come from wherever there is a sale.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

All my clothes are pre-made, and they don't need to be repaired/replaced that often.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Dr Jays. Sort price lowest to highest. Avoid the last few pages like the plague unless you're made of money or some shit.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Corevi
@viciousbearmauling said:

I get my shirts from Design By Humans and RedBubble

My jeans, shorts, socks and underwear come from wherever there is a sale.

Same, except I also have shirts from WeLoveFine. Topataco and WhatPumpkin (Only sells Homestuck stuff),

Other than that I just wear jeans and some black sneakers which are both pretty easy to find on the cheap while still being not terrible. I also have a variety of jackets from real clothing stores but I haven't bought a new one in like 2 years.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Wemibelle

Mostly Wal-Mart. I wear a bunch of plain colors, jeans, and shorts so it's easy to get cheap stuff. Also, I really don't care what I'm wearing as long as it fits comfortably. The rest of my shirts are things I've requested for birthdays.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Frank & Oak

Good quality clothes. Need more places with nice button-down shirts... like wearing with jeans.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I get most T-shirts online and for other stuff I go to large department stores. I need to get some new stuff, I've got a few clothes that are like 4 years old now.

Avatar image for bananasbananasbananas
bananasbananasbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I get most of my clothes from Savers (a thrift store).

I have Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Zara shirts and jackets.

And I probably paid $5-10 for each. I dont give a fudge if some dude wore, or died in it lol

My underwear is from target though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The last couple of times I've done some serious clothes shopping, I went to the Eddie Bauer at the local mall. Except for my pants. Those I order online because I'm too tall for the standard pants sizes.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've pretty much bought a lot of my clothes from Kohl's the last few years. I try to look as nice as I can for as little as possible.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Destination XL! Cuz I'm a giant, and European clothing stores hate giants, so US online shopping only.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

You don't seem like the type to shop at Torrid, Deb, or Rainbow, no offense! Haha.

Target has some pretty nice clothes, I'm biased towards the Merona stuff. Also nearly all of my T-shirts are from Fangamer or various conventions/events that I go to. The shirts and hoodies from Fangamer are super soft and really well-made.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

JCPenney, Target, MerchNow, Penny Arcade, Giant Bomb.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegamergeek: Ebay. There are some hot Chinese knockoffs delivered to your door for $5.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

For work clothes I exclusively buy from Men's Warehouse. It's not a requirement for me to wear suits to work, but I much prefer it.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wjb

I mostly get t-shirts from Hanes or whatever. Jeans whenever there's a sale.

If I have the money (which I don't these days), I always liked Brooks Brothers suits (well, I like Italian suits more but I don't have $2000-$4000 to buy one suit, so let's be real), but BB's less expensive options are still pricey. Lately, sometimes I resort to the lower-grade fused suits from Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, or Hugo Boss you get from department stores. I have a couple of canvassed suits from some years back, though, and it's hard to not wear anything less.

Other than that, I go to the typical stores for clothes that are nicer looking but not the typical t-shirt/jean combo: Gap/Banana Republic, Express, Uniqlo (online), Zara (online), J. Crew, H&M (on occasion), Urban Outfitters (if I want something cool looking in a hipster/douchey way).

I've gotten older and care more about fashion in a casual way, so I occasionally look at men-related sites involving fashion, look at something I think looks rad, and see if it's affordable from some random shop.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The top of the laundry basket.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

A combination of department stores, Hot Topic (when they had some decent metal band shirts) and the occasional online store (gaming-specific or band-related)

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rivers and Big W, maybe Target or K-mart, but they're a bit further from me.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By myke_tuna

Thrift shops, Ross, various t-shirt a day sites, Black Friday sales at retailers, and Amazon in that order.

I rarely, if ever, buy retail price clothes unless I need something for an occasion (party, interview, etc.)

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nordstroms, macys, vv, brooks brothers, lucky jeans, ummmm,oh and always gotta throw old navy in there when you need like a plain t shirt for cheaps

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@hailinel said:

The last couple of times I've done some serious clothes shopping, I went to the Eddie Bauer at the local mall. Except for my pants. Those I order online because I'm too tall for the standard pants sizes.

Pretty much this or I go to Moores. Even though they only advertise suits, they've got an excellent selection of stylish jackets, sweaters, polos and jeans.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

Wherever I can find things that aren't awful or garish, so basically nowhere.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Sears, JC Penny mostly. But, from time to time I go to specialty shops to buy something nice, like a good dress shirt. I shop for shoes at Zappos.com of course. My mother will buy me stuff from LL Bean (sweaters, slippers, warm-up jackets).

You can always tell rich men, actually rich, not just faking it - from their shirts, their watch, and their shoes. If you want to look impressive always have $700 shoes, $10,000 watch, and a $400 shirt. A nice wallet never hurts too...if you pay for something by pulling out a ratty nylon wallet you're a dead-give-away for a dork.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

For anyone with a little extra to love like me, King Size has some great clothes. They're a little on the expensive side, but they run a ton of promotions throughout the year and swap out their selections pretty frequently. K-Mart's online presence has some pretty okay on-the-cheap clothing for big men too, though their selection tends to be a bit more limited depending on the time of year. I use them more for day-to-day t-shirts and pants, whereas I use King Size for more of my nicer clothing.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Clothes prices are ridiculous these days so I buy where I can- usually when I find something I like on the spot that's probably on sale. It's not just Walmart, but Amazon sometimes has decent deals if you look around.

I find buying clothes to be a hassle I don't really want to focus on. 30$ for pants is absurd, but seems to be the norm anywhere but Walmart these days. It kills me.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Wal-Mart, Kmart, and t-shirts my grandmother gets me when she goes on vacation to weird places. The last one she got me is a salmon pink with a moose on it.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most of my close are past down from my dad, we're the same height but he's more muscly.

Other than that, i'll shop anywhere, forget Buying jeans for £30, £10 is just fine ;)

arustysumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Macys, Nordstroms, H&M, Forever 21, Jackthreads(and various other websites as long as there's something I want).
For tops I like to keep it basic and usually stay away from graphic tees. I wish I could layer more but San Diego is kind of a bummer for that so I don't have too many jackets and stuff. Then everything else is just jeans, shorts, chinos, sneakers, etc.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NTM

Places that have clothes. While I like to look nice, I don't like spending a lot on clothes, so I try to get nice, though somewhat cheaper clothes. It's not because I can't spend the money, it's just I'd like to spend it on other things honestly. I don't buy clothes online, that's just a bit weird to me since you won't know if it fits or not.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aetheldod

A local heavy metal store for shirts , as for the rest from the supermarket ..... jeans and underwear. For tenis / nshoes ... I used to go to a skater style shop as I like those , but right now I have a couple of handed down shoes from my cousins (money has been way too tight for me to afford new shoes)

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sort of don't have anyplace in particular at the moment, except for a sort of skating/urban/whatever shop near where I live. I'm thinking about getting everything online at this point.

I also like Threadless a lot. There's some dumb corny stuff there, but there's also a lot of really good looking shirts from a bunch of artists. Only problem is shipping to Canada costs me way too much.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have a few online stores I frequently use, like Old Navy and Forever 21. I know what works from their stores so I feel comfortable buying without trying stuff on.

Other than that, I like going to TJ Maxx, sometimes Sears, Target, even Walmart for some stuff. I even check out consignment shops or Goodwill on occasion.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thrift stores, Target and other such places, and the occasional internet tee-shirt or sweater. I get my normal around town shoes from DSW or something like that, and shoes for skating, which tend to wear out fairly often, from payless.

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American Eagle

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White shirts from where ever. As long as they are somewhat comfortable to wear. Other than that stuff from Salling or H&M when they have a sale

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I buy a bunch from Topman.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Franstone

I think my wardrobe mostly consists of clothes from Eddie Bauer.
Random t-shirts, mostly made by Fox due to a couple online sales that I took advantage of.
Red Sox hoodie when laying low.
Target skivvies, which until right now I thought was spelt skibbies...

Victorboris1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I steal them from dead people and hobos.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By BaneFireLord

Target. Occasionally I order a tee shirt from the internet. There are so many more things I want to spend my money on than clothing. If I didn't have a pretty strong germ phobia (probably unfounded in this case, but whatever), I would probably get all my clothes from thrift stores.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i fashion them from my own byproducts.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sears, Boscov's & Macy. But I only wear Levi's, Ralph Lauren & Izod.

dachande5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ross. they carry great fashionable products and arent that expensive.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Santa Claus.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-Shirts come from Tee Fury.

Otherwise, Banana Republic. I'm a slim guy, and it's nice to get 30x30 pants that are actually 30x30 pants, and not 36x30 pants with a 30x30 label sewn onto it. Their sizes are pretty consistent, so I'll more than happily just buy stuff without trying it on, and their online shopping works well with their brick and mortar shops. Their dress shirts have a nice cut to them, the polos and tees are soft, and again, it's just a joy to be a 130 pound 5'7" dude and walk out of a store having purchased everything they'd want without compromises.

I actually really like their store card too, as they offer really nice rewards. Their clothes are 25-40% off for card members, and Luxe members get real nice perks. I put a $3500 trip on my card, paid it off in full the next week, and got a $300 Banana Republic reward card. Those stack on top of sales, too.