Where is Bernie Macs oscar?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whether you are going to admit it or not, Heath Ledgers death played a big part in the ratings of the Dark Knight.
People are saying that he should get an oscar etc...

How can you forget about Bernie?

Doesn't he deserve an oscar for the "Bernie Mac show"?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Try again, troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this trolling?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

Because no one is this dense.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Player1

No offence to Bernie, but he was nowhere close to the level of Heath. Heath would be getting an oscar either way. This topic is inconsiderate, and yes you are a troll. 

Not_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Not_Rage

The Bernie mac show did win an Emmy award

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, i am not a troll.

Player1
said:

"No offence to Bernie, but he was nowhere close to the level of Heath.
Have you not seen the Bernie Mac show?

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpecTackle

Bernie Mac wasn't a high level actor. Whether or not you choose to accept Ledger's performance as Oscar worthy doesn't really matter as it's clear your feelings are of an isolated cynical group of people.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

Bernie Mac was a terrible actor and a terrible comedian, why does he deserve an oscar?

Oh yeah, HandsomeDead, stop being an asshole.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fr0br0

Fail troll is fail.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_

I'm tired of people saying that DK wouldn't be as successful if Heath didn't die.

It was already a fucking hype monster beforehand. It might even have played more. Tons of people were weirded out watching a recently-dead dude onscreen.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush

DazbotAthertron ...post your garbage somewhere else.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb

Heath Ledger's death was the reason why DK was as successful as it was, not to say it wouldn't have been successful in it's own right; Heath Ledger's death just expanded on that success tenfold. It's hard to swallow, but it's damn true.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpecTackle

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, that of which there is none in this case.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By fr0br0
BiggerBomb said:
"

Heath Ledger's death was the reason why DK was as successful as it was, not to say it wouldn't have been successful in it's own right; Heath Ledger's death just expanded on that success tenfold. It's hard to swallow, but it's damn true.

"
I wouldn't say Heath's death was the key to DK success. His death was more of a key to his own success. DK would have been successful even if Heath would still be alive, but we wouldn't be talking about Heath, we'd be talking about Batman. The only thing I see Ledger's death bringing is distraction away from the actual movie and bringing it to his own performance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiggerBomb said:
"

"
Finally.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Omega
HandsomeDead said:
"Try again, troll."
Why is it that whenever someone has a different opinion to the majority, and chooses to create a topic about it he is outed as a troll.

I don't care if its a topic that is pro baby eating its his right to make a thread about it. And its your right to disagree or not even read the post. Serbsta (I think is his name) gets a lot of heat for some of his topics. Hey guess what, If you enter a topic knowing your going to be offended then that's your fault. Its not like the TC posted it in an unrelated topic or something.

Internet politeness #34 Never enter someone elses thread and tell him HE is the one trolling. Its like going to someones house and telling the host to GTFO after they say something you dont like.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By mike

Academy Awards are for film, not TV shows.  Therefore, it would be impossible for Bernie Mac to win an Oscar for the Bernie Mac Show.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bulldog19892

Heath Ledger gave an amazing performance, mainly, because no one thought of Heath throughout the movie. His performance is so engaging that you forget that you're looking at a dead man. Heath Ledger was the Joker.

Bernie mac is no where close to Heath Ledger when it comes to acting talent. In every movie or show he's ever been in, he was Bernie Mac. He never played a character, or at least when he did the character was so incredibly similar to Bernie Mac, you wouldn't even notice a difference.

And yes you are trolling. All you're doing is agitating popular opinion with threads like this. Besides, when it comes to acting skill, no sane human being would put Bernie Mac and Heath Ledger on the same level.

MB said:

"Academy Awards are for film, not TV shows.  Therefore, it would be impossible for Bernie Mac to win an Oscar for the Bernie Mac Show."
Instant lose OP.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_

You're allowed to post an opposing opinion, especially if it's going to be discussed. The OP hasn't said anything in an inflammatory manner. Jeez.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shocker

I don't think he deserves one. I think Heath still would have gotten an oscar if he was still alive.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mike
Shocker said:
"I don't think he deserves one. I think Heath still would have gotten an oscar if he was still alive."
Being alive isn't a requirement to be nominated for or win an Academy Award.  It's happened several times before.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bulldog19892
MB said:
"Shocker said:
"I don't think he deserves one. I think Heath still would have gotten an oscar if he was still alive."
Being alive isn't a requirement to be nominated for or win an Academy Award.  It's happened several times before."
I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that Heath would have won an Oscar even if he was still alive.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mike

Well if that's what he meant, that isn't what he said. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jayge_

The first sentence was in reference to Bernie Mac. The second was on Heath.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mike

Yes...I know.  I didn't say anything about Heath deserving an Oscar or not, I simply said that it's still possible for someone to be nominated & win even if they're dead.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shocker
Bulldog19892 said:
"MB said:
"Shocker said:
Being alive isn't a requirement to be nominated for or win an Academy Award.  It's happened several times before."
I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that Heath would have won an Oscar even if he was still alive."
Yeah, that's what I meant.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DualReaver
MB said:
"Yes...I know.  I didn't say anything about Heath deserving an Oscar or not, I simply said that it's still possible for someone to be nominated & win even if they're dead."
I think he meant that Heath would've won the the Oscar even if he was still alive.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mike
Shocker said:
Yeah, that's what I meant."
Oh...you missed a pretty critical word in there, dude.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HandsomeDead
BiggerBomb said:
"Oh yeah, HandsomeDead, stop being an asshole."
You forgot to say please.

Omega said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Try again, troll."
Why is it that whenever someone has a different opinion to the majority, and chooses to create a topic about it he is outed as a troll.

I don't care if its a topic that is pro baby eating its his right to make a thread about it. And its your right to disagree or not even read the post. Serbsta (I think is his name) gets a lot of heat for some of his topics. Hey guess what, If you enter a topic knowing your going to be offended then that's your fault. Its not like the TC posted it in an unrelated topic or something.

Internet politeness #34 Never enter someone elses thread and tell him HE is the one trolling. Its like going to someones house and telling the host to GTFO after they say something you dont like."
Because I like to think people on the internet aren't as stupid as people make out and only an utter fool would even mention that the Barnie Mac show would be nominated for an Oscar when everyone knows that the Oscars are for films only. Had he said that Heath Legder gets an Oscar and Bernie Mac should get an Emmy, i'd have probably said something like 'The Bernie Mac Show was funny, but a posthumous Emmy would be a bit much. Maybe just a tribute.'
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Actually, people were talking about a possible Oscar nomination for Heath's Dark Knight performance even before his death. As for Bernie, he was a great comedian, but not an outstanding actor. He's a funny guy and he's good in some movies, but Oscar nominations are for the year's top 5 actors, and Bernie wasn't quite up there.