Posted by crusen (14 posts) -

So for the past 25+ years of my life, I’ve had an unhealthy love of movies, TV, and gaming. Who’s to say it’s unhealthy, you ask? Well, first of all this is my blog, so don’t go thinking you can take it over with your questions, but since it’s new and I’m trying not to freak out on you in the first paragraph, I’ll humor you. These hobbies have been deemed unhealthy by the government, the media, family, friends, strangers, midgets, puppies, and me. I may not have verified evidence on all of those, but I figure it’s a safe assumption, and besides this is a blog and not a medical journal, so I’ll let you decide what to do with your “verified evidence.”

Now you may have noticed that I admitted earlier that I myself have admitted that my hobbies can, at times, be unhealthy. Yes, my name is Chris and I have a problem. What I’m here to do, though, is to give some semblance of purpose to the hours of my life spent murdering my eyesight by staring at LED, LCD, plasma, CRT, and occasionally dot matrix displays. See, I realized lately that a lot of the time that I used to spend writing has gone into these other, less…. accepted media, and so my mission became to combine all of it, ideally giving me some kind of outlet for my seemingly limitless snark. Plus, doesn’t the internet need another bitter, ignorant, and untrained voice to really twist that knife that’s been stuck into the back of the twitching corpse that is journalism?

So what’s in store in this space? Fine, but that’s the last question I’m giving you… Look for reviews, recommendations, warnings, rants, chastisements, and whatever else I feel like committing to digital memory. If you like it, great. If not, mock me. I know I sure will be…

#1 Posted by crusen (14 posts) -

So for the past 25+ years of my life, I’ve had an unhealthy love of movies, TV, and gaming. Who’s to say it’s unhealthy, you ask? Well, first of all this is my blog, so don’t go thinking you can take it over with your questions, but since it’s new and I’m trying not to freak out on you in the first paragraph, I’ll humor you. These hobbies have been deemed unhealthy by the government, the media, family, friends, strangers, midgets, puppies, and me. I may not have verified evidence on all of those, but I figure it’s a safe assumption, and besides this is a blog and not a medical journal, so I’ll let you decide what to do with your “verified evidence.”

Now you may have noticed that I admitted earlier that I myself have admitted that my hobbies can, at times, be unhealthy. Yes, my name is Chris and I have a problem. What I’m here to do, though, is to give some semblance of purpose to the hours of my life spent murdering my eyesight by staring at LED, LCD, plasma, CRT, and occasionally dot matrix displays. See, I realized lately that a lot of the time that I used to spend writing has gone into these other, less…. accepted media, and so my mission became to combine all of it, ideally giving me some kind of outlet for my seemingly limitless snark. Plus, doesn’t the internet need another bitter, ignorant, and untrained voice to really twist that knife that’s been stuck into the back of the twitching corpse that is journalism?

So what’s in store in this space? Fine, but that’s the last question I’m giving you… Look for reviews, recommendations, warnings, rants, chastisements, and whatever else I feel like committing to digital memory. If you like it, great. If not, mock me. I know I sure will be…

#2 Posted by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

Sounds exciting! Planning on continuing anytime soon?

#3 Posted by crusen (14 posts) -

Absolutely! Got some ideas cooking around now, and hope to write more in the next couple of days. Thanks for checking it out!\