Where to find a good gun store?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

Where or what gun store has a wide variety of guns? I'm looking specifically for an RPD.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By cloneslayer

Isnt an RPD automatic? you cant legally own automatic weapons in the US. but If your looking for guns, go to your local sporting goods/ hunting shop. If you want more military/forieng guns ask the guy personally they can special order stuff. Anyone can get a licence to sell guns. My dad use to have one and people bought all sorts of stuff from him. Just look around

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dr_nefarious
@Cloneslayer said:
" Isnt an RPD automatic? you cant legally own automatic weapons in the US. but If your looking for guns, go to your local sporting goods/ hunting shop. If you want more military/forieng guns ask the guy personally they can special order stuff. Anyone can get a licence to sell guns. My dad use to have one and people bought all sorts of stuff from him. Just look around "
Really? I read up on RPD's and didn't see anywhere about them being illegal..Well anyway I guess I could try that outdoor shop by the katy mills mall.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kmdrkul
@dr_nefarious said:
" Where or what gun store has a wide variety of guns? I'm looking specifically for an RPD. "
I know I will regret this, but why the hell would you want an RPD?

At least you aren't asking for an RPG.  that would be insane...
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ
@dr_nefarious said:
" Where or what gun store has a wide variety of guns? I'm looking specifically for an RPD. "
Why, may i ask, are you looking for a gun? Does this have anything to do with that "Obama wants to take away your second amendment rights" bullshit you were spewing a few months ago?
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dr_nefarious
@kmdrkul said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:

At least you aren't asking for an RPG.  that would be insane... "
Why would I want an RPD? hmm maybe because they're badass!? An RPG would be sweet..And no I have not been playing too much CoD..well maybe..
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kmdrkul
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@kmdrkul said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:

Why would I want an RPD? hmm maybe because they're badass!? An RPG would be sweet..And no I have not been playing too much CoD..well maybe.. "
What do you plan on doing with it?

Also, pretty sure any type of machine gun is illegal in every state in the US, regardless of what wikipedia says :P
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cloneslayer
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@Cloneslayer said:
" Isnt an RPD automatic? you cant legally own automatic weapons in the US. but If your looking for guns, go to your local sporting goods/ hunting shop. If you want more military/forieng guns ask the guy personally they can special order stuff. Anyone can get a licence to sell guns. My dad use to have one and people bought all sorts of stuff from him. Just look around "
Really? I read up on RPD's and didn't see anywhere about them being illegal..Well anyway I guess I could try that outdoor shop by the katy mills mall. "
technically you could get it but it would be semi-automatic. then legally all you have to do is wait a month (or so) and you can buy a kit to make it automatic.
My dad told me of a guy who did this to about 50 AK-47s. This crazy dude turned them all auto then buried them in the ground in case of the apocalypse

also you need to get yourself a gun license fool! I bet you could get a non-firing replica just fine though

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dr_nefarious
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
Why, may i ask, are you looking for a gun? Does this have anything to do with that "Obama wants to take away your second amendment rights" bullshit you were spewing a few months ago?
"
No. I actually like guns. I have a few already in my collection. Though if Obama wants to take my guns he's going to have to bring his whole crew to my house. It will look like a scene from scarface I can promise you that.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor

Sorry, you most likely will have to get that through special order, let's also not forget the possibilities of requiring a license. But the rules are sort of vague when it comes to this sort of thing.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dr_nefarious
@kmdrkul said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@kmdrkul said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:

Why would I want an RPD? hmm maybe because they're badass!? An RPG would be sweet..And no I have not been playing too much CoD..well maybe.. "
What do you plan on doing with it?Also, pretty sure any type of machine gun is illegal in every state in the US, regardless of what wikipedia says :P "
Test it out in my backyard of course! hehe..Then I shall hide it..From all to see :P Now all I need is a cover man..

@Cloneslayer said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@Cloneslayer said:
Really? I read up on RPD's and didn't see anywhere about them being illegal..Well anyway I guess I could try that outdoor shop by the katy mills mall. "
technically you could get it but it would be semi-automatic. then legally all you have to do is wait a month (or so) and you can buy a kit to make it automatic.
My dad told me of a guy who did this to about 50 AK-47s. This crazy dude turned them all auto then buried them in the ground in case of the apocalypse

"

I would soooo be friends with that dude. Hey see if he can hook me up :D
solidsnake360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By solidsnake360

*Comes out of house with axe, covered in blood* Does anyone know where I could get an axe sharpened around here?

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dr_nefarious
@solidsnake360 said:
" *Comes out of house with axe, covered in blood* Does anyone know where I could get an axe sharpened around here? "
Ahhh I think we could really get along you and I.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
No. I actually like guns. I have a few already in my collection. Though if Obama wants to take my guns he's going to have to bring his whole crew to my house. It will look like a scene from scarface I can promise you that. "
Well then it's a good thing that he has shown absolutely no desire to take away your guns.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo

I sort of want to learn to use hand guns. If anybody is in the Illinois area please PM me!

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
@solidsnake360 said:
" *Comes out of house with axe, covered in blood* Does anyone know where I could get an axe sharpened around here? "
Well played sir!

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Cloneslayer said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@Cloneslayer said:

also you need to get yourself a gun license fool! I bet you could get a non-firing replica just fine though

"
Yeah, a guy I used to know had an AK that had been made semi-auto.  Anyways, when you're looking for that RPD let me know if you find any gattling guns, mortars, or land mines.   You know, the essentials.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dr_nefarious
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
No. I actually like guns. I have a few already in my collection. Though if Obama wants to take my guns he's going to have to bring his whole crew to my house. It will look like a scene from scarface I can promise you that. "
Well then it's a good thing that he has shown absolutely no desire to take away your guns.
"
You forgot to end your post with /sarcasm.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By EpicSteve
@kmdrkul said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:

sooo...where do they sell those?
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Vinchenzo said:
" I sort of want to learn to use hand guns. If anybody is in the Illinois area please PM me! "
Well as long as I know you won't be armed, sure!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgentJ
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
"
You forgot to end your post with /sarcasm. "
Yeah, i figured thats what this was about. Bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads blown off because a liberal president was smeared by conservative candidates. I'll make it clear: HE'S NOT GOING TO TRY TO TAKE ANYONE'S GUNS! He's got bigger things to worry about, and he's never had any sort of record on gun control in the first place. Shake loose the propaganda and get it in your head. 
cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cloneslayer

I blessed with a good shooting range near me (which I havent gone to yet, wtf is wrong with me). I heard awesome stuff about it. I want to go and fire off my dad's military issue Beretta (no he wasnt in the military) and his Magnum. those things have a kick

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By mike
@dr_nefarious: RPD's are light machineguns...and classified under the NFA. You won't be getting one unless you get a Class 3 firearms license and a tax stamp by the ATF, and it will probably cost you $5,000-$6,000 after everything.

You may be able to get a semiautomatic clone for under $1,000 depending on your state's specific laws, though.

@Cloneslayer said:
you cant legally own automatic weapons in the US.
This is 100% incorrect.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dr_nefarious
@MB said:
" @dr_nefarious: RPD's are light machineguns...and classified under the NFA. You won't be getting one unless you get a Class 3 firearms license and a tax stamp by the ATF, and it will probably cost you $5,000-$6,000 after everything.

You may be able to get a semiautomatic clone for under $1,000 depending on your state's specific laws, though.

@Cloneslayer said:
This is 100% incorrect. "
Yeah I figured getting one wouldn't be too easy..
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
"
Yeah, i figured thats what this was about. Bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads blown off because a liberal president was smeared by conservative candidates. I'll make it clear: HE'S NOT GOING TO TRY TO TAKE ANYONE'S GUNS! He's got bigger things to worry about, and he's never had any sort of record on gun control in the first place. Shake loose the propaganda and get it in your head. 
"
Who said it was? My post has nothing to do with Obama. You're the one who brought it up.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgentJ
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@MB said:
" @dr_nefarious: RPD's are light machineguns...and classified under the NFA. You won't be getting one unless you get a Class 3 firearms license and a tax stamp by the ATF, and it will probably cost you $5,000-$6,000 after everything.

@Cloneslayer said:
Yeah I figured getting one wouldn't be too easy..
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@dr_nefarious said:
"
"
"
Who said it was? My post has nothing to do with Obama. You're the one who brought it up. "
did you forget your "/scarcasm" quote? It's clear that you think he does want to. I'm not sure why i'm bothering trying to explain it to you, since if you are so entrenched in those sorts of teachings that you think he wants to take guns away, nothing i say will make it to your brain
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snipzor
@MB said:
Well it's more 50% incorrect, but I like to see it as 50% probably maybe.
TenPoundDildo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TenPoundDildo

i say go to walmart

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By penguindust
Lois: Excuse us. We're having a small problem with home security.
  • Peter: Do you guys have those round metal things that you bury in the ground, and when you step on them, they explode?
    Sales Clerk: Land mines?
    Lois and Peter: Land mines!
    Peter: It was land mines. 

Anyway, I found this advice online...
FAQ ON NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT WEAPONSMachine Guns: Private & Corporate OwnershipGun Laws: State by State List
Machine guns: legal = light green, illegal = dark green
Machine guns: legal = light green, illegal = dark green
"It is NOT illegal to own a machine gun in the US. The National Firearms Act of 1934 did not ban the ownership of machine guns, it merely placed restrictions on it. Prior to that, anyone could buy or own a machine gun. One of the restrictions was a $200 transfer tax, which was a hefty sum at the time.
You do not have to be a dealer to buy a machine gun. As long as your state allows them (I think about 15 states don't), any law abiding citizen over 21 can purchase one.
There is no "federal license" to own a machine gun. When you purchase the machine gun, it is transferred to you in ATF's registry. There is a one time $200 transfer tax for this. This does not have to paid yearly.
To get the transfer done, there is an FBI background check done. It is not difficult to pass this as long as you do not have a criminal background. The paperwork process takes about 2 months or less.
"

I, personally, have no idea why anyone outside of law enforcement or security would have a need to own one of these things, but it is your right as a citizen provided you are of legal age and meet the requirements.  Just don't become the cause of FOX News reporting a "tragedy happened today...the assailant played video games...law makers are looking into the links between games and violence."

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Why would you want one? Isn't 7.62x39mm ammo kinda expensive and not that common?
Are they really that accurate, I thought they were used mostly for covery fire. I dunno, maybe I'm just prejudiced cause I don't think they look very good. If you want something with a giant magazine you could get an M60. You can actually own fully automatic guns in the US but you have to get a FFL (federal firearms license) and find a class 3 dealer who is licenced to sell them.