Where would you hold up during a zombie apocalypse?

• 83 results
LightRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LightRain
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd just transform into Rosa or a White Mage or any other type of healer, find out where Square dumped all their FF12 potion things, and start kicking ass.

Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Zapbrader

My roommate had a zombie survival guide from many years ago, and I remember him telling me that a Junior High School was the best place to stake out. Something about the windows, I don't exactly remember. He's asleep right now, so I'm not giving any answers.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dylabaloo

The zombie survival guide says any two-storey building will suffice, as long as you destroy the stairs and use a rope ladder to access it. 

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7

I wouldn't hide. I'd dress up like Kanji and tell all the zombies to get bent.

There's no way they can retaliate.

wellAdjusted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wellAdjusted

There's a hunting store at the end of my road. In urban Britain of all places.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EvilTwin

Military base sounds pretty good.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mpdebo

Being in the military would give me access to the base so that is a no-brainer.
If the base was over run I would have to find a building to initially hold up in on the base. Once my position was secured, I would then go to the appropriate locations on the base to gather the food, water, and ammo needed to survive. Then sit back and watch the world burn.
Hopefully my friends would survive and be with me to make this process easier and more fun.  

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Burns09

Hold up in a Walmart super store, Walmart has everything.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By armaan8014
@EvilTwin said:
" Military base sounds pretty good. "
I know!
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Kyreo
@armaan8014 said:
" @EvilTwin said:
" Military base sounds pretty good. "
I know! "
There aren't many 2 story buildings on Military bases though...  which is what the zombie survival guide says makes the most sense.  Which it does.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

I like the idea of a place surrounded by long lasting rations, weaponry and thick lockable doors.  Military base for me if I could.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cookiemonster

Skyscraper. I bet zombies won't have a clue how lifts work.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By crusader8463

My house. I live in the middle of the country with a ten to fifteen minute drive to the closest populated "city". My house is set in the middle of a big open field so if zombies ever came I could literally see them a kilommeter away.  

On top of that, I live in a farming community and have a well full of clean water. So as long as I did the work I would never have to worry about food and clean water. It would be easy to put up a fence around my property to keep out single zombies, and since everyone in the community is somehow related to me it would be rather easy to set up a warning system should a horde be moving through the area. 

Of course, once we got all the necessities in place, the first thing I would be doing is making a run to the local school to raid the library for books, since boredom would be the biggest killer in my situation. After that it would be to try a raid to the bigger city for a larger variety of books. Assuming the city was relatively safe.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Burns09 said:
" Hold up in a Walmart super store, Walmart has everything. "
Not to mention low low everyday prices.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Akeldama

Either a military base or Costco.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By iam3green

probably my house posting here. i'll post like it's nothing happening. i'll be sure to barricade myself in.

IchiroYagiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By IchiroYagiza

Military base.  

I would strap myself with every weapon I could find.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TehFlan

I build a farm-boat and live out on the ocean forever.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By BaneFireLord

Oil rig, provided it wasn't operated by BP.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By time allen

my attic. lock all the doors in the house and just collapse the ladder when i'm not using it.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#22  Edited By DonutFever

Prison.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Skald

The wilderness.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGhee

I live in the country. There's a place way up in the mountains that I know of. I would load up a bunch of stuff and "commandeer" the property, blocking off access roads with vehicles.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Claude
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" I live in the country. There's a place way up in the mountains that I know of. I would load up a bunch of stuff and "commandeer" the property, blocking off access roads with vehicles. "
I'm there. I'll bring beer and one gun.
mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By mrfizzy

Skyscraper, no contest. Get onto the top floor, they can only get to you in two ways, elevators which they wont be able to figure out and stairs which they can use but would take so long to get to you you'll have ample time to take them out on their way up. Finally, if needed/possible, rooftop extract with a helicopter. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BraveToaster

A military base in the mountains. Zombies can't climb and I can eat MRE's after I run out of canned food.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcySandman

Military Base;  Everytime zombie come they could launch a few mortars, or rev up a minigun.  In GA (USA GA) the closest military base is west of atlanta, which is decent because it isn't directly in a city.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By McGhee
@Claude said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" I live in the country. There's a place way up in the mountains that I know of. I would load up a bunch of stuff and "commandeer" the property, blocking off access roads with vehicles. "
I'm there. I'll bring beer and one gun. "
Beer and a gun is good, but you've gotta bring some wimen folk to get in and stay. Lone dudes go onto the BBQ. If I'm going apocalypse, I'm going all the way. :P
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By ThePickle

Military Base, although the nearest one is like 3 hours from where I live. My uncle has been in the Marines for like 35 years, so I should be able to slip on in. 

George1St

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By George1St

mobility and stealth are key so anywhere? Best bet is to find an island surrounded by cliffs (in the uk here) so one of the outer islands around Scotland. Then I'd use my step-dads boat (same thing that got me too the island) too stage raids for supply's....I've thought about this way too much ^^

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

where's Canadian Tire? im definately going to hole up there.   i hope i dont begin teabagging any zombies...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By McGhee
@HandsomeDevil said:
" Military Base, although the nearest one is like 3 hours from where I live. My uncle has been in the Marines for like 35 years, so I should be able to slip on in.  "
Dude, have you seen Day of the Dead or 28 Days Later? Hooking up with the military would be the last thing I would ever do. Being in a large group of young, muscled, testosterone pumping dudes is the last place you want to be for an extended crisis. It may be good to be around the military for the beginning, short term, but for the long term? A few months or a year after all of society has collapsed? That shit is going to turn bad.
MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By MXC361

According to the true "Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks." The best place to go is a prison with high concrete walls, it's logical too. The courtyard would be perfect for growing plants to harvest, the thick walls would protect you from even the most savage zombie onslaught, the plenitful amount of books in the prison library would allow you to soak up lots of knowledge while there, and a prison would deter most scavengers/raiders.
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By ThePickle
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said: 

@HandsomeDevil said: 

" Military Base, although the nearest one is like 3 hours from where I live. My uncle has been in the Marines for like 35 years, so I should be able to slip on in.  "
Dude, have you seen Day of the Dead or 28 Days Later? Hooking up with the military would be the last thing I would ever do. Being in a large group of young, muscled, testosterone pumping dudes is the last place you want to be for an extended crisis. It may be good to be around the military for the beginning, short term, but for the long term? A few months or a year after all of society has collapsed? That shit is going to turn bad. "
Fair point. I might just stop by to snag some guns, rations, and possibly a tank.     
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Xeiphyer

Military Base of course. Incredibly secure, heavily armed, and they have huge stockpiles of provisions in case of emergencies. Easy answer!

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SuperWristBands

I remember an episode of Red vs Blue and one of the characters said he would go to Alaska because zombies have no internal body heat, they'd be like frozen corpsicles.

I like that one. Seems logical.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Dylabaloo said:

" The zombie survival guide says any two-storey building will suffice, as long as you destroy the stairs and use a rope ladder to access it.  "

Rope ladder... For a second I read rope, and was like damn, that would take a long time. Climbing a rope takes at least 30 seconds to a minute depending on how far you're climbing, and zombies like to chew on your legs while they wait. Some people might not even be able to make a rope climb up. But yeah, rope ladder makes sense.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By nintendoeats

My house is nice and sturdy. I would just chill upstairs. If anything tried to get up here, it would get a face full of guitar.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By kingzetta

I'd hide in a graveyard a day after the zombie outbreak, because all the zombies would have left by then.
Now that's thinking, because the zombies are going to be going to those places.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

The fact that there wasn't a poll option for The Pub/A Bar is a travesty.

Personally, I'd head somewhere non-conducive to continued zombie health.  Anywhere sufficiently cold or warm should stop them in their tracks after a few days, although the decomposition smell would probably be the worst thing ever.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By awesomeusername
@Dylabaloo:  @Zapbrader: I know what book you guys mean.  

What Dylabaloo said, two story building with blown off stairs and a rope ladder... 

Or Wal-Mart. 

Edit: 
@Burns09
said:
" Hold up in a Walmart super store, Walmart has everything. "
Bastard! You beat me to it!
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By awesomeusername
" @Claude said:
Beer and a gun is good, but you've gotta bring some wimen folk to get in and stay. Lone dudes go onto the BBQ. If I'm going apocalypse, I'm going all the way. :P "
Brokeback Mountain during the apocalypse if he doesn't bring woman? 

@nintendoeats said:
" My house is nice and sturdy. I would just chill upstairs. If anything tried to get up here, it would get a face full of guitar. "
And when your guitar breaks? 

@kingzetta said:
" I'd hide in a graveyard a day after the zombie outbreak, because all the zombies would have left by then. Now that's thinking, because the zombies are going to be going to those places. "
Lmfao, smart thinking.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McGhee
@awesomeusername said:
" @Claude said:
Beer and a gun is good, but you've gotta bring some wimen folk to get in and stay. Lone dudes go onto the BBQ. If I'm going apocalypse, I'm going all the way. :P "

@nintendoeats said:
" My house is nice and sturdy. I would just chill upstairs. If anything tried to get up here, it would get a face full of guitar. "

@kingzetta said:
" I'd hide in a graveyard a day after the zombie outbreak, because all the zombies would have left by then. Now that's thinking, because the zombies are going to be going to those places. "
Lmfao, smart thinking. "
Brokeback Mountain? Wha? . . . Where's your mind going? "Going onto the BBQ" is a cannibalism joke. You know what BBQ is? Talk about a joke flying right over one's head. lol
xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By xerxes8933a

A boat.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By Claude
" @awesomeusername said:
" @Claude said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:
Lmfao, smart thinking. "
Brokeback Mountain? Wha? . . . Where's your mind going? "Going onto the BBQ" is a cannibalism joke. You know what BBQ is? Talk about a joke flying right over one's head. lol "
I ain't got no women but my wife and she only has one leg. But my brother makes good BBQ, he does it for a livin'. I'll bring him. But I'm sure there will be women we pick up along the way as long as we don't get infected, as they say. You know, love 'em or shoot 'em in the head, dead, bed, bread and born. Fucking Zombies.
Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd go to a gun store. if that's not a viable option, i'd be holed up down in the converted mines/caves around the kansas city, ks or around the americold caves in carthage, missouri.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By McGhee
@Claude said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @Claude said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:
Lmfao, smart thinking. "
Brokeback Mountain? Wha? . . . Where's your mind going? "Going onto the BBQ" is a cannibalism joke. You know what BBQ is? Talk about a joke flying right over one's head. lol "
I ain't got no women but my wife and she only has one leg. But my brother makes good BBQ, he does it for a livin'. I'll bring him. But I'm sure there will be women we pick up along the way as long as we don't get infected, as they say. You know, love 'em or shoot 'em in the head, dead, bed, bread and born. Fucking Zombies. "
HAHAHAHA. Perfect.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Daveyo520

K. I have a Military base in town and it is not far away at all. 

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By awesomeusername
" @awesomeusername said:
" @Claude said:

I said Brokeback Mountain because you said you'll be in a mountain and he said he'll join. Then you said he has to bring woman first. Then I'm basically saying, what if there's no woman left and you guys get all hornys and stuff and go all Brokeback Mountain? I didn't get the bbq joke but I wasn't referring to that.