#1 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months. He used to appear in quicklooks regularly and would write more articles. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

He's in New York, voting against Hurricane Sandy. That's why he's not in Quick Looks.

#3 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

He's clear across the entire country, he can't do quicklooks when he's nowhere near everyone else.

He's done a number of recent reviews

#4 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

He's their Foreign Correspondent, reporting on location in the far away East Coast.

#5 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

He was never in a ton of QL, when he was he was working for screened not GB. The role he has had since he joined GB has stayed the same.

#6 Posted by believer258 (12179 posts) -

I wonder why he went all the way back to New York?

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

He's their Foreign Correspondent

Fareed Navaria?

#8 Posted by handlas (2748 posts) -

He posts up more reviews than anyone these days. Whatcha talk bout.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (5328 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Family or something? That is what I always assumed

#10 Edited by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feels pretty underutilized to me.

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feel's pretty underutilized to me.

I want solo quicklooks. He always reviews the shittiest games, so I'd love to see him suffering through some of the crap first hand

#12 Posted by MiniPato (2751 posts) -

@beeftothetaco said:

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months.

Not really. I'd say he's done the majority of the reviews on the site this year. Or at least more than any of the other guys individually. He doesn't have to record quick looks so he can do more reviews.

#13 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I really get sick of his snark, but his reviews are solidly written. But seriously, I get so goddamn tired of his little captions on the news items he posts...

#14 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -
@Nightriff

@believer258 said:

It's a girl, duh!
#15 Posted by Nightriff (5328 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

@Nightriff

@believer258 said:

It's a girl, duh!

Move across country for a girl? She better be worth it

#16 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@MarkWahlberg said:

He's their Foreign Correspondent

Fareed Navaria?

Alexerson Covarro

#17 Posted by Slay3r1583 (639 posts) -

I enjoy reading his stuff but I wish he would at least do "Jars, they're a thing" or something every once in a while.

#18 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -

@Slay3r1583 said:

I enjoy reading his stuff but I wish he would at least do "Jars, they're a thing" or something every once in a while.

That would be amazing!!! Give Alex his own feature!

@beeftothetaco said:

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months. He used to appear in quicklooks regularly and would write more articles. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

I think he's been doing more freelance writing in other fields so that might contribute to his decreased presence of late.

#19 Edited by Chtasm (463 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feel's pretty underutilized to me.

I want solo quicklooks. He always reviews the shittiest games, so I'd love to see him suffering through some of the crap first hand

HELLL YEEAH

#20 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

We need more of Alex saying things are a thing. So my idea is a thing now.

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@Chtasm said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Hunter5024 said:

HELLL YEEAH

Bingo

#22 Posted by Aetheldod (3710 posts) -

He is far .... in a state far away from the duders T_T Thanks for ruining my night I miss Rorie´s overindulgence puppy love and Alex´s snarkism

#23 Posted by CashBailey (805 posts) -

The relative collapse of SCREENED still bums me out.

The site is still active but every ounce of personality and fun went out of it when Alex and Rorie left.

#24 Posted by Ghostiet (5310 posts) -

@CashBailey said:

The relative collapse of SCREENED still bums me out.

The site is still active but every ounce of personality and fun went out of it when Alex and Rorie left.

It's not that bad now, though it's obviously not the same site and the higher ups don't want the current people to make something out of the situation.

It was crap at the beginning, but it got better. It's kinda a dick move for both Rorie and Stacey. They put them in a really terrible position to run a website.

#25 Posted by Trilogy (2687 posts) -

@Slay3r1583 said:

That could be cool. I would be nice to get a more personal take on his view of the industry since this site's goal is you knowing the staff well. I've been reading Alex reviews since back at gamespot but it would be nice to hear more from him these days.

#26 Posted by TobbRobb (4840 posts) -

Yeah I enjoy myself some Alex! We need more from him! I do think he's a better writer than video personality though, maybe get him to do something similar to Patrick's Worth Reading?

#27 Edited by NapTimeSleeper (323 posts) -

He's in the East. He also just did two reviews recently for the site on WWE 13 and Hotline Miami.

#28 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5089 posts) -

Where's Alex? He... He's dead.