Avatar image for beeftothetaco
#1 Posted by beeftothetaco (437 posts) -

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months. He used to appear in quicklooks regularly and would write more articles. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Avatar image for video_game_king
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

He's in New York, voting against Hurricane Sandy. That's why he's not in Quick Looks.

Avatar image for somedelicook
#3 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

He's clear across the entire country, he can't do quicklooks when he's nowhere near everyone else.

He's done a number of recent reviews

Avatar image for markwahlberg
#4 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4714 posts) -

He's their Foreign Correspondent, reporting on location in the far away East Coast.

Avatar image for zombie2011
#5 Posted by zombie2011 (5498 posts) -

He was never in a ton of QL, when he was he was working for screened not GB. The role he has had since he joined GB has stayed the same.

Avatar image for justin258
#6 Posted by Justin258 (14279 posts) -

I wonder why he went all the way back to New York?

Avatar image for video_game_king
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

He's their Foreign Correspondent

Fareed Navaria?

Avatar image for handlas
#8 Posted by handlas (3170 posts) -

He posts up more reviews than anyone these days. Whatcha talk bout.

Avatar image for nightriff
#9 Posted by Nightriff (7091 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I wonder why he went all the way back to New York?

Family or something? That is what I always assumed

Avatar image for hunter5024
#10 Edited by Hunter5024 (6699 posts) -

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feels pretty underutilized to me.

Avatar image for somedelicook
#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feel's pretty underutilized to me.

I want solo quicklooks. He always reviews the shittiest games, so I'd love to see him suffering through some of the crap first hand

Avatar image for minipato
#12 Posted by MiniPato (2820 posts) -

@beeftothetaco said:

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months.

Not really. I'd say he's done the majority of the reviews on the site this year. Or at least more than any of the other guys individually. He doesn't have to record quick looks so he can do more reviews.

Avatar image for murisan
#13 Posted by murisan (1143 posts) -

I really get sick of his snark, but his reviews are solidly written. But seriously, I get so goddamn tired of his little captions on the news items he posts...

Avatar image for crazyleaves
#14 Posted by crazyleaves (673 posts) -
@Nightriff

@believer258 said:

I wonder why he went all the way back to New York?

Family or something? That is what I always assumed

It's a girl, duh!
Avatar image for nightriff
#15 Posted by Nightriff (7091 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

@Nightriff

@believer258 said:

I wonder why he went all the way back to New York?

Family or something? That is what I always assumed

It's a girl, duh!

Move across country for a girl? She better be worth it

Avatar image for markwahlberg
#16 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4714 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@MarkWahlberg said:

He's their Foreign Correspondent

Fareed Navaria?

Alexerson Covarro

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for slay3r1583
#17 Posted by Slay3r1583 (730 posts) -

I enjoy reading his stuff but I wish he would at least do "Jars, they're a thing" or something every once in a while.

Avatar image for lydian_sel
#18 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2536 posts) -

@Slay3r1583 said:

I enjoy reading his stuff but I wish he would at least do "Jars, they're a thing" or something every once in a while.

That would be amazing!!! Give Alex his own feature!

@beeftothetaco said:

I feel as though Alex's role on GB has been reduced significantly over the past few months. He used to appear in quicklooks regularly and would write more articles. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

I think he's been doing more freelance writing in other fields so that might contribute to his decreased presence of late.

Avatar image for chtasm
#19 Edited by Chtasm (470 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feel's pretty underutilized to me.

I want solo quicklooks. He always reviews the shittiest games, so I'd love to see him suffering through some of the crap first hand

HELLL YEEAH

Loading Video...
Avatar image for thehumandove
#20 Posted by TheHumanDove (2520 posts) -

We need more of Alex saying things are a thing. So my idea is a thing now.

Avatar image for somedelicook
#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2353 posts) -

@Chtasm said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I wish they would do a little more with Alex. Maybe a skype video with him and another staff member every couple weeks to talk about what he's been playing or something? He feel's pretty underutilized to me.

I want solo quicklooks. He always reviews the shittiest games, so I'd love to see him suffering through some of the crap first hand

HELLL YEEAH

Loading Video...

Bingo

Avatar image for aetheldod
#22 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

He is far .... in a state far away from the duders T_T Thanks for ruining my night I miss Rorie´s overindulgence puppy love and Alex´s snarkism

Avatar image for cashbailey
#23 Posted by CashBailey (807 posts) -

The relative collapse of SCREENED still bums me out.

The site is still active but every ounce of personality and fun went out of it when Alex and Rorie left.

Avatar image for ghostiet
#24 Posted by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -

@CashBailey said:

The relative collapse of SCREENED still bums me out.

The site is still active but every ounce of personality and fun went out of it when Alex and Rorie left.

It's not that bad now, though it's obviously not the same site and the higher ups don't want the current people to make something out of the situation.

It was crap at the beginning, but it got better. It's kinda a dick move for both Rorie and Stacey. They put them in a really terrible position to run a website.

Avatar image for trilogy
#25 Posted by Trilogy (3064 posts) -

@Slay3r1583 said:

I enjoy reading his stuff but I wish he would at least do "Jars, they're a thing" or something every once in a while.

That could be cool. I would be nice to get a more personal take on his view of the industry since this site's goal is you knowing the staff well. I've been reading Alex reviews since back at gamespot but it would be nice to hear more from him these days.

Avatar image for tobbrobb
#26 Posted by TobbRobb (6044 posts) -

Yeah I enjoy myself some Alex! We need more from him! I do think he's a better writer than video personality though, maybe get him to do something similar to Patrick's Worth Reading?

Avatar image for naptimesleeper
#27 Edited by NapTimeSleeper (349 posts) -

He's in the East. He also just did two reviews recently for the site on WWE 13 and Hotline Miami.

Avatar image for alexandersheen
#28 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5150 posts) -

Where's Alex? He... He's dead.