@ArmoredCore55 said:
" @Disengage said:
" 2010s "
That hasn't come yet. "
Bullshit.
#9 Posted by Cloneslayer (1645 posts) -

well Led Zeppelin was in the 70s so....

#10 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

2000's. I'm actually sick of most "Classic" stuff; my Ipod has a section that pretty much only consists of songs that I consider great, (Pretentious, I know) and all of them are from 2000 onward. There's great music in every decade, but I prefer the new stuff.
#11 Posted by Roomrunner (892 posts) -

The 80's was where music (and most of American culture) went to die.  Look at all the great 70's bands that imploded in the 80's - Devo, XTC, Talking Heads, Gang of Four... none of them made it past 85 before nosediving.   80's music was in a right state before Pixies and Fugazi came along and saved it. 

I'll admit though, most of my favorite and dear to me albums came out in the 2000s.  ATDI's Relationship of Command, Neu by Polysics, and Progress by Rx Bandits...  Still, 70's takes the prize for being so far ahead of their time.

#12 Posted by SniperMOUS (57 posts) -

Any decade is good if it had video game music.

#13 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

60s most definitely. The most inspirational.
#14 Posted by Yummylee (22574 posts) -

Hard to say for me, i've got plenty of favourite groups from all over the past century. Though I will admit that practically every 80s tune i come across i seem to enjoy.
#15 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

A large majority of my favorite music comes from the 00s, second most being from the 90s. Never liked the Beatles, never liked the Stones, not a fan of Zeppelin, haters fondle my nuts. Thank you.

#16 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

1810's. Schubert, Beethoven, Paganini and so many other great musicians were alive at the time.

#17 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I have much respect for 80's music and everything that came before it, and while I enjoy some of it I prefer newer things

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Probably the 80s.

#19 Posted by TheGamerFix (201 posts) -

Either the 60's or 90's. The 60's was probably the most inspirational and innovative decade (for rock anyway) But Oasis are my favourite band, so the 90's wins!
#20 Posted by TheGamerFix (201 posts) -
@Disengage said:
" @ArmoredCore55 said:
" @Disengage said:
" 2010s "
That hasn't come yet. "
Bullshit. "

Well it definitely won't with THAT kind of attitude!
#21 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

While the 60's provided the most evolution, most of the biggest [and what I consider the greatest] bands sprung up shortly after it's wake in the early-mid 70's; Rush, Black Sabbath, Genesis, ELP, King Crimson [yes, yes, 1969 I know...], Yes, Gentle Giant, Jethro Tull, Led Zepplin etc.

#22 Posted by Izick (141 posts) -

I vote 80s

#23 Edited by Hamst3r (4565 posts) -

I like something from all of the decades listed...but some genres that I'm really into didn't exist - or fully mature - until just recently, so I'm going to have to go with 1990's or 2000's.

#24 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

90's, easily.

#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

Either the 70s or 90s for me.

#26 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

60's Beatles loads of other stuff.

#27 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

The 1960's

Bob Dylan, The Band, The Doors, Cream, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, and the list goes on

#28 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -
 @Br3adfan said:

" The 1960's  Bob Dylan, The Band, The Doors, Cream, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, and the list goes on "

can you believe that I hit the beatles and then drew  a blank thanks man.
"Hmm, I know I like 60's music why is that again" and loop
#29 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" The 1960's  Bob Dylan, The Band, The Doors, Cream, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Grateful Dead, and the list goes on "
Yes yes yes yes yes. 

You 80s people are crazy. Most of the music that came our around then was total shite!
#30 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

The 80's gave birth to The Smiths, who are the best band ever. SO therefore, using maths and many kinds of science, I have deduced that the 80's is the  best decade for music.

#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

80s

#32 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

ROCK THE '80S!!!

#33 Posted by bybeach (5000 posts) -

60`s and the 80`s. Two best times for me.  

may the train keep on rolling.
#34 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Wow, the 80's is in the lead. Gross.

#35 Edited by Themanohall (397 posts) -

00's.

Coheed & Cambria, some of Dream Theaters best stuff, The Gorillaz, The Killers, Muse, Modest Mouse, Bloc Party, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta; what's not to like?

It was actually a really hard choice, though, between 70's, 90's, and now.

#36 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

I voted 80's 

sure there was a shit load of crappy wanna be MJ pop and way too many hair bands, but god damn. what a great decade for music.  

Come on guys, THRILLER was released in the 80's. 

#37 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

80s and 90s

#38 Edited by yakov456 (1924 posts) -

80's, just for the memories. Not such great music but it has sentimental value for me so it wins.

#39 Edited by tyce (1 posts) -

The 80's birthed hip hop, rock and roll reaching its peaked, electro's emergence, pop music revolutionized by MJ.  And Run DMC collab with aerosmith.  that was epic.

#40 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -
@ArmoredCore55 said:
" I like the 80's the best. "
#41 Posted by Damonation (556 posts) -

00's

Now, because all the music from the other decades is still around.

#42 Posted by ysselzor (75 posts) -

i really like the early/mid 90s that's when lots of my favorite bands were starting out like smashing pumpkins, operation ivy, sublime  and the prodigy   
the 70s and 80s also had amazing stuff like joy division, rush, Bauhaus and Tangerine Dream and many others 
and the last 9 years has had a lot going on in all the electronic genres like trance and drum and bass have evolved so much in the like ten years 
its hard to choice a fave decade when my musical taste is always evolving

#43 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Hm. Coin toss on 80s or 00s though the different between them two and 90s is a photo finish. Before that, I couldn't give a fuck.

#44 Edited by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

Wow I'm surprised so many people are voting the 80's. I assume that's because it's when a lot of you were born, must be too young to really remember the 80's. ;-)  

I voted 70's but was leaning to the 60's. Too much good rock & roll.

#45 Posted by Accidentus (5 posts) -

As a fan of electronic I'd have to go with 90's. Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, all their best stuff was made in the 90's. Also, rap was obviously the best in the 90's.

#46 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

80's Nowadays it's nothing but horrible emo bands and shitty rap, but rap means shitty so shitty rap makes no since

#47 Posted by Accidentus (5 posts) -
@SmashedControllers said:
" 80's Nowadays it's nothing but horrible emo bands and shitty rap, but rap means shitty so shitty rap makes no since "
Quit being a 10 year old. Your basis for rap being "shitty" is based on the terrible radio rap you hear. It's like me saying rock sucks based on Nickelback being terrible. 

Also, it's sense not since.
#48 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -
@Accidentus: My bad man did mean to upset anyone but its my opinion. I like some stuff from nowadays but most stuff sucks now.
#49 Posted by mikeeegeee (1575 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
Eric Burdon, the Animals, Cream, Procol Harum, Jefferson Airplane, Canned Heat, CC-motherfucking-R!!!

It was a total tossup between 60's and 70's. 60's saw the birth of something incredibly profound and new in music (drugs sure helped), but the early 70's were really damn good too. I'm pretty ashamed to see the 80's winning (which isn't to say I don't love 80's music as well, but the golden age was about two decades before).

Creedence Clearwater Revival is my favorite band of all time.
#50 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

80's