Which game would make the best theme park?

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I know there are already Angry Birds and Blizzard theme parks, but...:

What game do you think would fit best for an amusement park?

emofratparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had this idea while playing Spyro, of all things. It's so freaking beautiful. I would go to a Spyro theme park.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Instantly thought of Bioshock. Lighthouses, undersea areas.. above the clouds themed rides...

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@tekzero said:

Instantly thought of Bioshock. Lighthouses, undersea areas.. above the clouds themed rides...

Definitely would like to see that theme park... also interested in a Viva Pinata park...This might not count but a Batman themed part would be pretty great too.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Super Mario World.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Monkeyman04

Smart-ass remark: RollerCoaster Tycoon

Real remark: Dead Space for the haunted house, Burnout for some sort of car themed ride, Bioshock for an Air/underwater roller coaster, X-com for an Alien shoot ride, and Portal for some sort of roller coaster.

I couldn't come up with one theme for one game so I thought a theme park of games.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I'd love to go to a Nintendo theme park.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

mario, pokemon, fallout, spelunky, etc

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Kingdom. It would be the greatest place on earth.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@tekzero said:

First thing I thought of, too. Imagine a skyhook ride that relied on you hanging out for dear life.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why isn't this a thing already?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On second thought... A Roller Coaster Tycoon II theme park would be a terrible idea.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for xcobracommander
xCobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xCobraCommander

Hitman. Walk around with your significant other or kids and they all disappear without you knowing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Corevi

A Shadow Moses theme park would be rad.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mass Effect?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Theme Parks are generally focused around a corporations historical classics. For example: Universal Studios isn't just king kong or jaws rides (which are both no longer represented at all at Universal Studios =( ).

Baring that in mind I think Nintendo has the most robust and nostalgic catalog to make a theme park- if they don't have one already. I think that would actually work very well for most of their franchises if not all of them.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyman04: A dead space haunted house sounds pretty damn cool actually.

The only ride I can come up with is one based on Titanfall, at the end you have to eject and try not to throw up. Maybe F-zero could make a cool ride, I don't know :P

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By mosespippy

A Professor Layton park would be cool. You'd just walk around a quaint little town and everyone would offer you a puzzle, just like the game.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Mass Effect

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@tekzero said:

Sounds like an objectively good time.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Nintendo theme park based on all of their famous franchises.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Theme Park, of course!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sinusoidal

Dark Souls

The entire park is greyish brown. They hire people to dress in armor and mope around always ready to give you a depressing anecdote. The rides inflict actual, physical pain. There are blind corners everywhere with large employees waiting around them with giant rubber maces that they wale on you with. Poison spume ride. Lots of high walkways with no safety railings. Grotesqueries abound.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Wipeout HD one would make for some killer roller coasters.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dynasty Warriors. I don't know why. It was just the first thing that popped into my head.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By BBAlpert
Welcome to Illbleed, motherfuckers!
Welcome to Illbleed, motherfuckers!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Postal 2?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mass Effect

Mass Effect could be very interesting. Stay with me here, imagine Epcot...but arching overhead is a roof with stars, planets, space craft docking all 'projected' overhead somehow. So, it is the wonderful lush indoor park with futuristic settings, rides, costumed characters, aliens walking around...but it looks like the The Citadel. It could even have all these Keeper robots zipping around and touch panels everywhere. Just like Epcot you visit different themed places that have different foods, different rides, and different sights & sounds.

And, just to add to the amount of aliens they could have anyone who cos-plays gets a $10 discount. Or, for $250 people going to the park can sign up ahead of time to be dressed and have makeup applied that makes them look like really good Asari, Drell, or Humans. One of 'rides' is really just a elevator that goes to Purgatory Bar. There every night a staff memeber dressed as Aria T'Loak is the MC for a huge dance party. There is a contest for worst dancer where people try to dance even more embarrassingly than Cmd Shepard in the game.

The concept would be this is a theme park where you are ENCOURAGED to cos-play. This is a theme park that appeals not only to ME fans, but to people who like sci-fi and people who like nerd stuff. Maybe, wrapping around one side of the park toroid would be a convention hall. So that Star Trek, BSG, Dr Who, Star Gate, Comic-Con, PAX conventions...whatever...can occur there as well.

So it is a theme park, a nerd/geek themed convention center, and a vacation destination all in one. Also, wrapping around the other side are TWO spa-hotels. One is just for adults (Club Med) where your significant-non-geek other can have a vacation spa experiences. The other spa-hotel is for families it has water slides and other kids stuff.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By armaan8014

@stoodspoon said:

Mass Effect

Mass Effect could be very interesting. Stay with me here, imagine Epcot...but arching overhead is a roof with stars, planets, space craft docking all 'projected' overhead somehow. So, it is the wonderful lush indoor park with futuristic settings, rides, costumed characters, aliens walking around...but it looks like the The Citadel. It could even have all these Keeper robots zipping around and touch panels everywhere. Just like Epcot you visit different themed places that have different foods, different rides, and different sights & sounds.

And, just to add to the amount of aliens they could have anyone who cos-plays gets a $10 discount. Or, for $250 people going to the park can sign up ahead of time to be dressed and have makeup applied that makes them look like really good Asari, Drell, or Humans. One of 'rides' is really just a elevator that goes to Purgatory Bar. There every night a staff memeber dressed as Aria T'Loak is the MC for a huge dance party. There is a contest for worst dancer where people try to dance even more embarrassingly than Cmd Shepard in the game.

The concept would be this is a theme park where you are ENCOURAGED to cos-play. This is a theme park that appeals not only to ME fans, but to people who like sci-fi and people who like nerd stuff. Maybe, wrapping around one side of the park toroid would be a convention hall. So that Star Trek, BSG, Dr Who, Star Gate, Comic-Con, PAX conventions...whatever...can occur there as well.

So it is a theme park, a nerd/geek themed convention center, and a vacation destination all in one. Also, wrapping around the other side are TWO spa-hotels. One is just for adults (Club Med) where your significant-non-geek other can have a vacation spa experiences. The other spa-hotel is for families it has water slides and other kids stuff.

Yes!
I want a ride in the Normandy.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sterling

Bot Colony.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mmm, Mario theme park that sells edible red/white shrooms, yeah that sounds like a great idea.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock Infinite

/thread

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World Joyland, Changzhou, China
Not really concerning themselves with copyright laws, this amusement park features numerous rides ripped off from popular video games like World of Warcraft.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakura Spirits. Without a doubt, hands down. I want that theme park to exist, and would pay excellent money for it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sakura Spirits. Without a doubt, hands down. I want that theme park to exist, and would pay excellent money for it.

Seems to me someone will make a virtual theme park, for use with 3d-goggles, with that theme that very soon. The very ridiculous sight, sounds, and game play we will get with VR will be [err] interesting. I think visiting such a park virtually would be better...more hygienic.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: or you can just go to the bunny ranch outside of vegas. it's kind of the same thing!

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kingdom Hearts.

Imagine how crazy it would be to have a theme park that incorporates all your favorite Disney characters! It'd be like, the happiest place on earth.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Left 4 Dead.

dizzylemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dizzylemons

How's about a League of Legends F2P theme park. Each day a selection of rides are free and you have to pay to access the rest. You know what, I had a bunch of puns about 'feeding' people in the queuing 'lanes' but i'd be totally down with that access model for a theme park.

J23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silent Hill or Amnesia. Just think of fun, family-friendly horrifying adventures everyone can have! You don't even need to build one for Silent Hill, just let people pay for tickets into Centralia, Pennsylvania!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@spraynardtatum said:

Why isn't this a thing already?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

The BioShock or Resident Evil games would make amazing adult theme parks. A kind of place where you could really get lost in that world.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'd take my kids to a Nintendo themed park. And by kids, I mean myself.

Nameless2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nameless2000

A Rhythm Heaven theme park would be the best thing.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock