Which of the following anime series do you think is best? (Please don't vote unless you have seen at least 2 of the choices!)

• 154 results
ldeadeyesl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ldeadeyesl
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

Cowboy Bebop.
Ghost in a Shell second.
Samurai Champloo third.
Death Note is awful.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Cowboy Bepop.

ldeadeyesl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ldeadeyesl

I'm hoping this thread will show that, I have a friend who says Death Note is the best, because the story is so intelligent. It doesn't change the fact the show is boring. I think bebop is the best. Ghost in a Shell and Evangelion are tied for 2nd. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Cowboy Bebop is the only consistently good show you mentioned. GiTS spends half the time navelgazing, Evangelion has the biggest bitch in the universe for a lead, Death Note kind of sucks after L dies and is only redeemed by the ending, FMA takes a nosedive after they run out of source manga, Champloo is simply competent and really not exceptional in any way. 
So Bebop is the correct answer and also the one that'll win. And second place is probably going to be people smartly replying "G-_________" and being really clever and saying "anime's for jerks aha ahahaa". So really this whole thing is a waste of time. 
Later.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

All anime is shit.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer

No love for Code Geass?! You fool!  Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo I suppose then.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Ghost in the Shell.  Bebop is a much better movie than series imho.  ryan, GiTS is and always has been about the pyschology of what makes a human human, from Manga to Movies and the series.  What you call navel gazing I call well thought out and well crafted character arcs.  it's also why Bebop the Movie is better than the series.

BEANSPROUTS!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Red12b

I wonder how long it will take someone to say Anime is for jerks Blah argh blah. 

Ghost in the shell.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#10  Edited By Jazz

Cowboy Bebop, if only for the intro.
Code Geass should indeed be on that list. Macbeth/Hamlet and Gundam in one show? Come on. 
Gits is also very good.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By meteora

I liked Death Note, it was fairly interesting.

But yes, it sorta fell down after L died.

ldeadeyesl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ldeadeyesl

@ryanwho 
Not everyone has seen a lot of anime, these are pretty common anime series for the non hardcore to be exposed to. That is why I didn't include other as an option, it would defeat the purpose. If you are to the point where you think the answer to what anime people like best has a correct answer I think  you are being snobby about it just because you watch a lot.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thatfrood
@ldeadeyesl said:
" I'm hoping this thread will show that, I have a friend who says Death Note is the best, because the story is so intelligent. It doesn't change the fact the show is boring. I think bebop is the best. Ghost in a Shell and Evangelion are tied for 2nd.  "
see, you're friend is wrong. I have a problem with Death Note because the story is not intelligent. Just read Crime and Punishment, says the same stuff but in a more introspective and intelligent manner.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'm a total ghost in the shell fan, everything they ever created.

ldeadeyesl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ldeadeyesl

Yeah I voted for Cowboy Bebop, but would be just as excited is Ghost In A Shell wins. I love both series a lot.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By korwin

Thats a rough list to choose from (Alchemist aside...).  Eva can be eliminated to I guess... but asking me to choose between the others is too hard.  I guess maybe GitS, cause I'm totally gay for cyberpunk stuff... but Watanabe's work (Bebop and Champloo) is so damn good.  Death note is some damn fine quality white knuckle suspense stuff.

Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Cipher

Cowboy Bebop is the only answer.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hourai

I've seen all, so I'll give my short opinion on each.

Cowboy Bebop: This is a classic and a whole lot of fun. Awesome music.
Death Note: It's definitely decent, but it's no masterpiece as some say. The rivalry between Light and L is interesting though.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Pretty good, but the ending sucked and I felt like it was trying a little too hard at times. Shinji is an unlikable character, but I guess that's the point.
Fullmetal Alchemist: It depends if you're talking about the new series or the old one. The old one was good, but I'm liking the new one a whole lot more even if it's kind of cheesy with the random and out-of-place humour.
Ghost in the Shell: Amazing. One of the best anime series I've seen. Some may find it boring because of the lack of pantyshots and explosions.  It took a while to grow on me, but by the time I was about halfway through the first season I was hooked.
Samurai Champloo: Probably the most fun of the anime in this thread.

I voted for Ghost in the Shell anyhow.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By korwin

FYI you might want to correct the typo in the choices... It's 'Ghost in THE Shell' :D

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HODGEY3000

cowboy bebop
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By JJWeatherman
Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

Samurai Shampoo!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us

Samurai Champloo is my favorite on that list.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By luce

Samurai Champoo

Best soundtrack in an anime imo and i love the characters

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox

I was hoping there would be Paranoia Agent. 

Tough call between GITS, Bebop, and Evangelion. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in. Cowboy Bebop is easiest to follow I guess and a little more familiar. So that.

edit: wow the lack of evangelion love made me feel bad for not voting that instead.

@JJWeatherman said:

" There's this one place... "

I hope Whiskey Media's next project is a WhiskeyForums thing where all four+ site forums and communities are combined. Consolidate the off-topics and have Anime, Comics, Tech, etc accessible without having to navigate away.
gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gosukiller

FMA is def the best.
Also I would like to note that Code Geass is a better Death Note than Death Note is.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Bones8677

I pick Cowboy Bebop. Loads of fun and it had an awesome climax of an ending!

Evangelion is cool, but it quickly becomes overly melodramatic, and pretentious. 

I've only seen the Ghost in the Shell movie, which I absolutely love. I don't really know why because not a whole lot happens in that movie, and it doesn't really bother to tell you whats going on. 

I've only read the Death Note manga, when I realized that the anime was practically word for word of the manga, I found that it would have been redundant to watch the show. Like everyone says, the story really just meanders around aimlessly after L dies. Not nerely as interesting. Plus it's annoying that each manga volume must assume you didn't read the last volume because they keep telling you what happened in previous volumes, over and over again. 

The rest of the shows I never watched. I did watch one episode of FMA, but it must have been one of those filler episodes because the entire episode took place in a room where the heroes were talking to the villains from beginning to end. Nothing happened.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28  Edited By natetodamax

K-On

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tiwi
@natetodamax said:

"K-On "

this is the only answer.... 

on the other hand.I must say i never watched more than 3 eps of GiTS. everything was going WAY over my head, and the storry felt  incohesive   

there are also some other animes that i feel are missing form the list, such as: code geass, canaan and DTB.   
for this reason i refuse to give an answer. (even though it's clearly beepop all the other ones are about the same level)

PS. I enjoyed FMA, the orignal series, more than the new one, mainly because the animation and artstyle in the new one is shit...  
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jeust

For me probably the Reminiscence OVA from Smamurai X.  

I'm also now seeing Gintama, and it appears to be very cool. But from the options Evangelion, as the finale won me over all of the others. 

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Cwaff

I really enjoyed deathnote moreso than any of the other choices. I would go as far to say it is my favourite anime also.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fallen189
@tiwi said:
" @natetodamax said:

"K-On "

this is the only answer....  on the other hand.I must say i never watched more than 3 eps of GiTS. everything was going WAY over my head, and the storry felt  incohesive   there are also some other animes that i feel are missing form the list, such as: code geass, canaan and DTB.   for this reason i refuse to give an answer. (even though it's clearly beepop all the other ones are about the same level) PS. I enjoyed FMA, the orignal series, more than the new one, mainly because the animation and artstyle in the new one is shit...   "
Oh dear
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#33  Edited By Soap

The correct choice is actually Death Note, everything else is just mediocre crap, except samurai champloo which at least is stylish about it.
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tiwi
@Fallen189:
you know what fallen`what's wrong with what i said? mr anime-publication?
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By bed

bebop is supposedly amazing from what i read so i'd go for that. GITS looks like a second

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raviolisumo

The last half of Deathnote didn't even need to happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bebop

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Osaladin

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Samurai Champloo
3. Ghost in the Shell

Death note would be on my top 3 if they didn't screw it up so much after L died.
I hate Evangelion.
Full Metal Alchemist is just alright.

As other have said, Code Geass is pretty kick ass.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By penguindust

I went with EVA although I get whiplash from the ending.  Still I admire it for what it tried to do.  And, there are alternate endings available.  I've seen the series about a half dozen times, more if you count incomplete run-throughs.  I may be one of the few people who really liked Shinji Ikari.  Somehow, I connected with him as a character and that adds to my love of the series.  Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't my favorite series ever nor is it on my top 5, but of those listed above I prefer it most of all.  After that, Samurai Champloo, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, GITS rank accordingly.  I've never seen Death Note.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#40  Edited By mike

I don't even know what any of those are.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By Shadow

Not a great list, but given the choices, Fullmetal Alchemist.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Whisperkill

Ghost in the Shell 

Best show ever created.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@MysteriousBob said:
" All anime is shit. "
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fallen189
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" All anime is shit. "
"
Nice to see people are always coming up with sensible responses.

Everything on there is great. but Stand Alone Complex comes out on top for me.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@MrKlorox said:
" I was hoping there would be Paranoia Agent. 

Tough call between GITS, Bebop, and Evangelion. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in. Cowboy Bebop is easiest to follow I guess and a little more familiar. So that.

edit: wow the lack of evangelion love made me feel bad for not voting that instead.

@JJWeatherman said:

I hope Whiskey Media's next project is a WhiskeyForums thing where all four+ site forums and communities are combined. Consolidate the off-topics and have Anime, Comics, Tech, etc accessible without having to navigate away. "
So I have to see all these shit topics about anime and comics? That'd be a NO.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrKlorox
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" I was hoping there would be Paranoia Agent. 

@JJWeatherman said:

I hope Whiskey Media's next project is a WhiskeyForums thing where all four+ site forums and communities are combined. Consolidate the off-topics and have Anime, Comics, Tech, etc accessible without having to navigate away. "
So I have to see all these shit topics about anime and comics? That'd be a NO. "
Right, because they would have to remove all forum boundaries so everything will sit in one gigantic pool. Brilliant conceptualization you have there.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FluxWaveZ

All of you who have nothing constructive to say about anime: fuck off.  This is off-topic, and it's not here to incite debate on the topic of if anime is good or not.  It's really sad that in all of these threads, you guys have to take time posting your "intelligent" opinions on the medium.

I've only watched a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist, but I completely watched Cowboy Bebop and Death Note.  Cowboy Bebop wins in my book.  That series was (is) incredible.

But I don't get all the hate towards Death Note.  I was only 14 when I saw the series, so perhaps I'd need to see it again now, but I recall loving it.  I enjoyed the main character, the concept of the Death note and the intrigue.  I guess the only thing I didn't like as much about it were the "shinigami", but that wasn't too bad.  I even liked the Near saga, and the whole climax was awesome.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mmmslash
@ThatFrood said:
" Cowboy Bebop. Ghost in a Shell second. Samurai Champloo third. Death Note is awful. "
This is the only real answer.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#49  Edited By rjayb89

Lupin the 3rd.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By alsnuts2

Bebop in my mind is far superior. No room on the list for Trigun? I loved that show and for my money its the only one that would have made a run at Cowboy Bebop.