• 50 results
#1 Edited by Unilad (555 posts) -

This may seem like a weird question, but which of the crew (if you were to hang out with them) do you think you would get on well with.

Now as we all love games, I'm sure we'd probably get on okay with all of them, but which one do you think you'd share most in common with.

Ex. Personally, either Patrick or Brad. Patrick due to his critical attitude towards games (and as he is the youngest of the crew). Brad reminds me of my brother, who I get on super well with.

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

you! <3

#3 Edited by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

You're right, this is a weird question.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5235 posts) -

Luchadeer

#5 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

The answer is always Vinny. It's literally Vinny every time. The question doesn't matter, and i'm not trying to say i like Vinny more or anything, but through 5 years of GiantBombing every time a question like this comes up which requires us to rank the editors by some sort of personal preference, the answer is ALWAYS the glorious Vinny Caravela.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@s10129107: Ordinarily I would agree, but the more screen time Drew has gotten the last year or two the more people have started to develop a man crush for him. Vinny will probably still win, but Drew is getting a pretty strong following of groupies that I feel will one day rival Vinnies empire and should not be underestimated.

#7 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Ohh, one of those really sad/odd posts.

#8 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4157 posts) -

I'll go with Alexsister. Or Jeff.

#9 Posted by madmanmaple89 (64 posts) -

@s10129107 said:

The answer is always Vinny. It's literally Vinny every time. The question doesn't matter, and i'm not trying to say i like Vinny more or anything, but through 5 years of GiantBombing every time a question like this comes up which requires us to rank the editors by some sort of personal preference, the answer is ALWAYS the glorious Vinny Caravela.

Well, he is Vinny.

#10 Edited by Mezmero (1794 posts) -

I try not to associate with sizable explosives.

#11 Posted by Phoenix778m (239 posts) -

Jeff-Intense conversation followed by months of stares and silence.

#12 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Weird question but...I would probably say either Vinny or Patrick. Jeff and Ryan are too old and crotchy for me and Brad has those weird interests in things that kill you and all that.

#13 Edited by jozzy (2041 posts) -

They will probably all hate my guts.

#14 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Vinny is the obvious answer because he is the best and probably the coolest person to chill with

But my second choice would be Dave, reminds me a lot of Vinny but also matches up with my personality even more. Dave is into metal and RPGs which is about my life. We also both had a kid within a month of each other so another thing we have in common.

#15 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

#16 Edited by SpoogeMcduck (180 posts) -

@triple07 said:

Weird question but...I would probably say either Vinny or Patrick. Jeff and Ryan are too old and crotchy for me and Brad has those weird interests in things that kill you and all that.

Too old and crotchy for you?? Do they thrust themselves at your face or something?? :) I think Patrick is too young, would get us carded at the bars or chicks would think he's my kid, in which case I'd make him wear a jammer so I get some sympathy from the ladies. Vinny seems pretty cool, but he's got a kid doesn't he? No one will see him outside for 22 years when his kid finally gets out of the house. Jeff and Ryan, hmm, I'll go for Mr Beardy since it might be handy to hide stuff in if we ever head to Tijuana, might need to grow it out a bit. Oh, and yeah Brad does seem like he could be a serial killer.

#17 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Dave, definitely. The dude's cool and he loves old school rpgs.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Vinny. I think he is the one person on the crew that could sympathize with my need to fucking explore and collect every fucking nook and cranny in every game.

#19 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

I think this thread falls under the "creepy" category a little too much.

Not nearly as much as some other threads, but still.

#20 Edited by casper_ (901 posts) -

i feel like this kind of thing is pretty cute and innocent but can get extremely weird very quick. its kind of like girls picking the backstreet boy they would like to marry most.

#21 Posted by themangalist (1717 posts) -

I think Drew... okay I thought I could do this but now I feel awfully creepy.

#22 Posted by TheHT (10888 posts) -

I look forward to the follow-up threads "which of the crew is your astrological pairing" and "which of the crew would you want to be there to lick your tears as you cry yourself to sleep after masturbating furiously to Kotaku headlines".

#23 Posted by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -

I would probably have to go for either Patrick or Ryan. I am abit too much like Jeff which makes me think we would not get along well.

#24 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

All or none. Honestly, I think they're cool guys, and they like games as I do, but they seem more like they'd be acquaintances than friends I'd hang out with a lot. Then again, I don't really know them, so maybe if I did, I could have an answer, but as it stands, I can't really imagine hanging out with any of them like buds, plus, they're all about ten years older than me. I merely respect their opinions on games, and they all seem to have done a lot for game journalism (or whatever you want to call it). I've been reading their stuff since I was very young, and I suspect Jeff's since I was around eight years old (though I really only started knowing about them around 2002 - 2004).

#25 Edited by Ghostiet (5225 posts) -

Wait, they aren't my best friends? Fucking Patrick usurped that place before I got that chance!

#26 Edited by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Ohh, one of those really sad/odd posts.

Take it easy oddball.

#27 Edited by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

They seem like a nice enough bunch of dudes, but I doubt I'd really click with any of them beyond chatting about games and shit.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

Brad and Patrick seem like people I would hang out with. Vinny is like one of those friends who shows up randomly and makes everything better for a little while.

Though, I think Drew would win the day. He's a bit more adventurous than I am, but I think we'd make decent friends. I love trying new things and being awesome.

#29 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1233 posts) -

You mean they aren't already :*(

#30 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1233 posts) -

You mean they aren't already :*(

#31 Posted by Winternet (8006 posts) -

I don't understand this "would be". I mean, I'm Jeff's best friend. Surely, he has mentioned me in a video or on a podcast. Surely.

#32 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

@triple07 said:

Too old and crotchy for you?? Do they thrust themselves at your face or something?? :) I think Patrick is too young, would get us carded at the bars or chicks would think he's my kid, in which case I'd make him wear a jammer so I get some sympathy from the ladies. Vinny seems pretty cool, but he's got a kid doesn't he? No one will see him outside for 22 years when his kid finally gets out of the house. Jeff and Ryan, hmm, I'll go for Mr Beardy since it might be handy to hide stuff in if we ever head to Tijuana, might need to grow it out a bit. Oh, and yeah Brad does seem like he could be a serial killer.

Ohhhhhh wow thats a bad typo...I wish I could blame that on anything besides my own idiocy. For the record I meant crotchety...

#33 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

Not Patrick.

#34 Edited by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

For some reason I find this thread to be far creepier than the ones that are all "Who would you make out with?" or "If you were a cannibal which dude would you want to eat?" threads. Don't know what that says about me.

#35 Edited by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

I gotta choose Drew................

Yeah this thread just feels weird.

#36 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

*Shifts uncomfortably* I don't like this thread....

#37 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Cool baby fer sures.

#38 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
#39 Edited by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Jeff probably.

#40 Edited by GIyn (202 posts) -

@s10129107: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat- No your Vinny!

#41 Edited by Video_Game_King (36012 posts) -
#42 Posted by SpoogeMcduck (180 posts) -
#43 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

*Awkward shuffling to leave the room

#44 Posted by Rorie (2697 posts) -

This thread has existed for almost four days and none of you have found the right answer yet.

Staff
#45 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4157 posts) -

@rorie: Was it Jeff? It was Jeff, wasn't it?.

This wouldn't be a very good scan-tron..

#46 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

@rorie said:

This thread has existed for almost four days and none of you have found the right answer yet.

You're a Golden Duder winner for a reason Rorie :)

#47 Posted by benpicko (1997 posts) -

that feelio when no friends

#48 Edited by Thrawn2112 (5 posts) -

Going to have to agree that this thread is really creepy. Won't stop me from participating though. I'm pretty sure I'd have to go with Jeff. I think our tastes, senses of humor, and general outlooks line up more than anyone else on the site, unless something could just mash up Jeff and Brad together like the teleporter machine from The Fly. But without the fly. And another person.. And not Jeff Goldblum.. I don't think I'm helping with the creep-level of the thread really..

#49 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

Brad.. Muir!

#50 Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

Definitely Drew. Down to earth guy, likes to have fun. He'd be a good wingman