Which TV show should I watch first?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

I'm in a bit of a situation here as i have two good shows i want to watch but i cant pick which one. I go on these kicks where i will find TV shows that have been over for a while and sit down over a weekend or a week and just watch nothing but them from start to finish. Over the last two months i have done it with:

• The Shield - Entire Show 
  • The Endurance run from where i left off 15-today
  • Xena - Season 4
  • Hercules - Seasons 2
  • The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy - Season 4

Plus two to three anime's i cant recall right now. Anyway i have both of the above two in the poll to watch and i was curious if anyway can suggest which one to start first. I'm leaning more to "Deadwood" because all i know about is that it's a western and there is lots of swearing. But with "The Wire" i remember watching a few episodes back when it was on TV and found it could be hit or miss some times, and i don't know if i have the patience to sit through a show with lots of hit or miss episodes right now. 
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By crusader8463
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

dont know either one. sorry!

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

Call me crazy, but I didn't think The Wire was that good.

Oh, and watch Dexter.

tokyo_jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tokyo_jesus

Battlestar Galactica

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By chronicsmoke

deadwood 
satanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By satanas
@ArchScabby said:
" Call me crazy, but I didn't think The Wire was that good.   Oh, and watch Dexter. "
CRAZY
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Branthog

Both are fine, but The Wire is one of the most realistic portrayals ever and one of the best TV shows that ever was. Period. Excellent casting and writing.

Dexter is a fun ride, but it's really terrible and bad in the same campy and sloppy way that True Blood is (that is, not the greatest TV, not great writing, not great acting... but still a fun watch anyway).

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusader8463

i have watched all of Dexter and BSG all ready. Right now I'm just going over shows i always heard where good but never looked into.

benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By benjamimmy

I've only heard of The Wire, but never watched it. So I voted that :P

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchScabby

I'm in the process of...ummm "getting" OZ right now.  Has anyone seen it and is it good?

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Metroid545
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
-_-
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crusader8463
@ArchScabby said:

" I'm in the process of...ummm "getting" OZ right now.  Has anyone seen it and is it good? "

Fuck YES, that was one of the first shows i ever sat down and watched from start to finish. It's an amazing show. It can drag in some of the later seasons because they kill off a lot of the characters you come to like and it takes time to get to know their replacements, but its still one of my favorite shows. Also "Rome" and "Sleeper Cell" are two truly AMAZING TV programs. If you can *ahem*obtain them*ahem* i highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed.
dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By dopeman

weeds.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crusader8463

I broke down from my usual wait until a show is complete before i watch it because i hate waiting a week to watch a new episode. As far as currently ongoing shows that i watch I'm on the following:

• Burn Notice   S03    E10
  • Eureka           S03    E17
  • Fringe            S02    E01
  • Heroes          S04    E01
  • Hung             S01    E10
  • Rescue Me   S05    E23
  • Weeds          S05    E14
  • Dexter           S04    E01
  • 30 Rock         S04    E01
  • The Office      S06    E01
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars    S02    E01
  • Criminal Minds    s05    E01
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Quadrifoglio

My Sweet 16.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brainwins
@ArchScabby: I finished the last season last week. It's not for everyone, but if it is for you, then it's awesome.
thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thefreshmaker
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Deadwood. It's shorter and is a little easier to get into than the Wire. 

Not Lost.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

Wire in the Blood.

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarkFlow83
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
Why punish them, If he enjoys people staring at each other for unnatural amounts of time and never have your questions answered, by all means watch lost.
raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By raidingkvatch

I haven't watched Deadwood, but have heard many good things about it. I absolutely loved The Wire, I would (and do) recommend it to anyone, I would say however I found it much easier to watch with subtitles as following the Baltimore accents was quite difficult at times.

thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thefreshmaker
@DarkFlow83 said:
" @Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
Why punish them, If he enjoys people staring at each other for unnatural amounts of time and never have your questions answered, by all means watch lost. "
Yes, by all means.  Why watch a critically acclaimed and immensely popular television show that has been nominated for literally over 100 awards including around 30 emmy nominations over the past five years? 

I noticed he watched Fringe, so I recommended Lost. 
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
There can be no other.
DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkFlow83
@TheFreshmaker said:
" @DarkFlow83 said:
" @Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
Why punish them, If he enjoys people staring at each other for unnatural amounts of time and never have your questions answered, by all means watch lost. "
Yes, by all means.  Why watch a critically acclaimed and immensely popular television show that has been nominated for literally over 100 awards including around 30 emmy nominations over the past five years?   I noticed he watched Fringe, so I recommended Lost.  "
I'm sorry to have to break this too you, but lost is BORING.  Whylostsucks.com said this and I found it very true.  "   Nothing ever really happens. Oh, you think something is going to happen.  The previews show that something is going to happen.   Sadly though, in the end nothing really happens.  It’s amazing that you can watch a whole season of the show and end up pretty much where you started.  Yep, still on the island. Nope, still don’t know what all the crazy stuff happening is about…"  That pretty much sums up the entire show.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By gingertastic_10

I have never watched either, but I heard The Wire is epic.

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@DarkFlow83: I watch Lost. I get what's going on.  It entertains me. And it's funny you quote a website to form an opinion for you which is flawed. A show is on the air for years, yet nothing ever happens. That makes sense. I take it you've watched every episode.
thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thefreshmaker
@DarkFlow83 said:

" @TheFreshmaker said:

" @DarkFlow83 said:

" @Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
Yes, by all means.  Why watch a critically acclaimed and immensely popular television show that has been nominated for literally over 100 awards including around 30 emmy nominations over the past five years?   I noticed he watched Fringe, so I recommended Lost.  "
I'm sorry to have to break this too you, but lost is BORING.  Whylostsucks.com said this and I found it very true.  "   Nothing ever really happens. Oh, you think something is going to happen.  The previews show that something is going to happen.   Sadly though, in the end nothing really happens.  It’s amazing that you can watch a whole season of the show and end up pretty much where you started.  Yep, still on the island. Nope, still don’t know what all the crazy stuff happening is about…"  That pretty much sums up the entire show. "
*Sigh*  Alas, there is simply no accounting for taste.   You have every right to not enjoy the show; in fact, I used to hate it before I became more open minded and gave it a better chance.  Just know however, that you are in the vast minority.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By RHCPfan24
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" @Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
There can be no other. "
Yes, brotha!!!

But out of the two choices, go with The Wire. I have never seen any of the two but I have heard extraordinary things about The Wire. I don't know if they live up to the expectations but it certainly is acclaimed.
DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarkFlow83
@TheFreshmaker said:
" @DarkFlow83 said:

" @TheFreshmaker said:

" @DarkFlow83 said:

" @Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
I'm sorry to have to break this too you, but lost is BORING.  Whylostsucks.com said this and I found it very true.  "   Nothing ever really happens. Oh, you think something is going to happen.  The previews show that something is going to happen.   Sadly though, in the end nothing really happens.  It’s amazing that you can watch a whole season of the show and end up pretty much where you started.  Yep, still on the island. Nope, still don’t know what all the crazy stuff happening is about…"  That pretty much sums up the entire show. "
*Sigh*  Alas, there is simply no accounting for taste.   You have every right to not enjoy the show; in fact, I used to hate it before I became more open minded and gave it a better chance.  Just know however, that you are in the vast minority. "
Fair enough.
DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarkFlow83
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" @DarkFlow83: I watch Lost. I get what's going on.  It entertains me. And it's funny you quote a website to form an opinion for you which is flawed. A show is on the air for years, yet nothing ever happens. That makes sense. I take it you've watched every episode. "
how is it flawed?  Do you know whats going on after 4 seasons? No.  Now its about time traveling? wtf, that just reeks of lazy writing.
flapples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By flapples

i don't know what show you watched for the last two seasons, but a lot of stuff happened. a lot.
thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thefreshmaker

My apologies to crusader for turning this into a "Lost sucks!"  "No it doesn't!"  thread.  However....

@DarkFlow83:  The show has been nominated for an "Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series"  every freaking year!  And I personally think it is one of the best written shows on television.  People critical of lost such as yourself  are often only casual viewers, which is unfortunate because lost demands you watch every episode to truly understand what is going on.

For some people, it is a major turn off.  I can understand that.  But for those who want more cognitively stimulating television, (such as myself) it is a godsend.   

I'll stop ruining this thread now. 

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@DarkFlow83: I like how you assume I don't understand the show.  It's flawed in that it says nothing happens. I understand some of the plot points, but the rest have yet to be revealed. If they give you the answers and explanations right off the bat, why would anyone watch. You're basically saying you want to know the end of a movie before watching it. Anyways this thread isn't about Lost. 

I say go with the Wire, I thought a friend told me Deadwood ended abruptly.
Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Giantsquirrel
@TheFreshmaker said:
" My apologies to crusader for turning this into a "Lost sucks!"  "No it doesn't!"  thread.  However....

@DarkFlow83:  The show has been nominated for an "Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series"  every freaking year!  And I personally think it is one of the best written shows on television.  People critical of lost such as yourself  are often only casual viewers, which is unfortunate because lost demands you watch every episode to truly understand what is going on.  For some people, it is a major turn off.  I can understand that.  But for those who want more cognitively stimulating television, (such as myself) it is a godsend.     I'll stop ruining this thread now.  "
WHOA. Stop right there. Nominated for an Emmy, you mean. 

The Emmys are a FUCKING joke.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By crusader8463
@TheFreshmaker: it's ok i agree with every bodies views on lost at the same time. I hate it and i like it. I just got to the point where all the characters i cared about got killed off or zero screen time so i just stopped watching it. When it finally gets over though i plan to sit down and watch it in full just because i put so much time into the first few seasons i want to know.

As for the choice i'm thinking i might try watching two to three of each then going back and forth. I found when watching shows that have a lot of seasons -- even the best of shows-- start to get dull when you notice every other episode is kind of the same thing in different situations, but the same reactions over and over. Thanks for the input though.

Yes this sounds racist but i couldn't write it any other way so sorry, but i kind of need subtitles for when the black gangster characters talk because i honestly can make out maybe every fourth word they say. Also i cant help but laugh my ass of every time because i think of this every time they start to get really impossible to understand.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#37  Edited By fillmoejoe

The Wire definitely.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#38  Edited By strangeling
@crusader8463 said:
" I broke down from my usual wait until a show is complete before i watch it because i hate waiting a week to watch a new episode. As far as currently ongoing shows that i watch I'm on the following:

• Rescue Me   S05    E23
"
I'd recommend adding Breaking Bad to that list.
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Expletive

DEXTER

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrKlorox

Man I hate polls that don't offer an acceptable choice.

/raises a toast to 'hatred'

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Go watch DEADWOOD.FTW
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green

i never watched any of those shows but i think deadwood seems like a good title for a show. idk what it's about but it seems like an interesting show.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Griddler
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
My thoughts exactly
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've seen both of them but they just didn't interest me.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@Tarsier said:
" Lost. "
The Hill!

Oh wait, you were actually serious about that crap...

Anyway you should try Breaking Bad.
CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By CountRockula
@strangeling said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" I broke down from my usual wait until a show is complete before i watch it because i hate waiting a week to watch a new episode. As far as currently ongoing shows that i watch I'm on the following:

• Rescue Me   S05    E23
"
I'd recommend adding Breaking Bad to that list. "
 And I'd recommend removing Heroes.
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By crusnchill

For me the ones you put are both rubbish, I just don't like them. So I'm suggesting ones you've probably seen. (And I apologise if you have, but I can only recommend what I think is good.)
Heroes, 24 and Band of Brothers. Oh! There's a series here in the UK called Survivors. It's surprisingly good. You could probably find it online and if you're american you'll find it extra fun since our accents generally sound funny to you guys, lol.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Bombs_Away
@crusnchill: 5 months old...He's probably watched everything, bought the DVD, watched them, sold them and thought "Shit I wouldn't mind watching them again!" by now...Think next time ay?
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By crusnchill

@Bombs_Away: I Face palmed.
Wow! I hadn't noticed the comments were that old, I usually pay attention to this stuff as well, lol.

Also I actually looked at it from the home page so I saw it at as a newly made topic and forgot to check when the last post had been made.

Anyway your aggression was unwarrented. I may have been a dumbass, as we all are occasionally, but your attitude is plain rude.