• 69 results
#1 Posted by Paindamnation (759 posts) -

Is anyone still going to any of them? I mostly spent alot of time on Screened and Tested, but since the whole re-design on tested, and Rorie and Alex leaving screened, I rarely go on them anymore. I don't know if a bad UI detracts anyone away from a website, but to me it does. In addition, I don't know what's happening with Screened.com but I don't think it will last much longer.

#2 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

I barely ever went to them to begin with, now that they don't even have the same crew, what point is there to going there anymore?

#3 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

I went to Screened from time to time to read the awesome reviews, but the remains have been salted and burned, so it's not even a thing anymore.

Thankfully Comic Vine got brought with GB because it's the only other site I actually use often.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6899 posts) -

I dont talk about Screened anymore. Anime Vice was dead on arrival. Tested is still a good site, i have no qualms about it, except for the site design. I dont go there much because im not that interested in tech stuff.

#5 Posted by Zero_ (1970 posts) -

I used to go to Tested.com tons. I still do, but it's frequency has dropped due to the bad site design. I actually love the style of posts now than before their transition and still think This is Only A Test is the best tech podcast on the net. But that hard white and black.. jeez..

#6 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

I think Tested has better content now than it did before, the site just needs a real redesign.

#7 Posted by Paindamnation (759 posts) -

@Zero_ said:

I used to go to Tested.com tons. I still do, but it's frequency has dropped due to the bad site design. I actually love the style of posts now than before their transition and still think This is Only A Test is the best tech podcast on the net. But that hard white and black.. jeez..

Glad I'm not the only one, and yeah when Gary Whitta is there, especially during the whole Lego thing, it makes everything better.

#8 Posted by Bubbly (248 posts) -

I still visit Tested. They are starting to find the right balance between tech and science articles and their video content is better than ever. They are pumping out way more stuff than they were when WM existed. Also, their RSS feed shows the whole article. So if you use an RSS reader then you won't have to visit the site unless you want to go on the forums. Stopped visiting Screened.

#9 Posted by spree4567 (137 posts) -

I don't go to Screened any more. Tried for a little while after Rorie left but didn't like the new people. Tested I visit less because I just don't like the new design.

#10 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I check out tested sometimes but that's it.

#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I go to Comic Vine every now and then to read the X-Men articles.

#12 Posted by Toxeia (721 posts) -

Tested and Giantbomb are the staples of my internet diet. The design doesn't bother me at all on Tested - though I wasn't a fan of the layout there before the purchase either. Really it's still the same, with all the articles on the page being 1-2 paragraphics with an image, and then a Read More button. I get why it's like that but it seems clunky and it's hard to find a story from a week ago when you have to scroll past all the text. I just want headlines and a thumbnail.

#13 Posted by SeanFoster (838 posts) -

I removed Screened and Tested from my bookmarks. I still listen to the Tested podcast though and I follow Will, Norm and Gary on Twitter so I still feel connected to what they're up to.

#14 Posted by Stonyman65 (2410 posts) -

I still pop in sometimes just to see if there is anything interesting - maybe I'll go over there once every month or so - but it's not like it used to be where I went to all the Whiskey sites at least twice a day.

Speaking of Screened, how do you think it will take until that site is gone? I's like a fucking ghost town over there...

#15 Posted by Paindamnation (759 posts) -

@Stonyman65 said:

I still pop in sometimes just to see if there is anything interesting - maybe I'll go over there once every month or so - but it's not like it used to be where I went to all the Whiskey sites at least twice a day.

Speaking of Screened, how do you think it will take until that site is gone? I's like a fucking ghost town over there...

By the end of the year it should be gone I think only is trying to keep the place alive, and the @staceywi chick is REALLY trying, I use it for quick look ups of the wiki which is the ONLY thing the site is good for. Also to talk to one person I still go on, the only thing that qualifies as "content" is bloody trailer after trailer as if we don't have youtube.

#16 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

Tested's still pretty good. Screened has become fucking hideous.

#17 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

I still go to tested to download the podcast, and screened is pretty much dead as far as I can tell.

#18 Posted by mosespippy (3776 posts) -

I go to tested more now than before even though I hate the new design.

#19 Posted by RedRoach (1158 posts) -

I visited Screened pretty often, but it's pretty awful now, which sucks because I have no idea where to get info on movie stuff now. I went to Tested every once in awhile but not as much now a days.

#20 Posted by ShadowVirus (792 posts) -

Yeah, I use to frequent Screened and Tested loads. Don't go on Screened any more at all, unless I want to check what actors are in a film/TV series. I still listen to the Tested podcast and some of the stuff they put on the site seems interesting and I mean to read it but I just really despise that UI.

#21 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Rorie and Alex left Screened, so why would you go there?

Tested is still Will and Norm, but I never went there that often. Maybe once a week I go to see what's what.

#22 Edited by Rapid (1334 posts) -

I still visit Tested quite a bit, well the new content is excellent, I really don't like the site design. Also, I've since abandon screened,

#23 Posted by Village_Guy (2410 posts) -

I didn't use them much in the past, but I did sometimes look over at Comic Vine and Tested and I guess I still do.

I did visit Screened too, but I have given up on that site.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10228 posts) -

Not really. I still like the Tested podcast, but I don't like the current Tested. Too much reposting of "cool" things that happen in a given day without any thought or content added to it. It's basically become a source for youtube spam, with a very light, easy to digest scientific bent. I stopped reading Pop Sci when I was ten, and I don't like being patronized like that. Tested used to a tech blog with an interesting set of personalities, now the focus is too general and they're talking about things they're just learning themselves, so they can't get in detail, and they often have no idea what they're talking about. It's all breadth, no depth.

Screened, I mean hey... just kinda stopped going post-Rorie. Him and Alex were the draw.

#25 Posted by ZombiePie (5377 posts) -

I guess I keep updated on Tested, and by that I mean watch their videos on YouTube, and not their site, because I subscribe to their YouTube Channel.

#26 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I really dislike what happened to Screened.

I use Tested and Comic Vine occasionally, but I'm not interested in their content most of the time.

#27 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I used to go to screened a fair amount, but i dont go there anymore because its just complete shite now.

I used to go to tested regularly aswell, but since their redesign i just dont anymore.

#28 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I still visit Tested but I have given up on Screened. It's become really bad since Rorie left.

#29 Posted by Christoffer (1658 posts) -

I visit Tested from time to time. Pretty interesting stuff and Will, Norm and Whitta are still awesome people. I gave Screened a chance after Rorie and Alex left but it's just a sad place now. The daily content is a mix of trailers, let's chat about a show last night, a sparse review, and here's whats on TV soon.

But I'll be honest. I devote less and less time to TV and movies so it might be a bigger issue for me.

#30 Posted by Little_Socrates (5651 posts) -

I'll go back to Screened in a few months to see if they've sorted things out, but, in the meantime, that site's staff make me sad a little too often.

As for Tested, I really dislike the refocus on general science because I was just starting to learn about tech when the sale happened. Now that site confuses me. I dunno if the podcast has been recentered around tech again, but after the podcast with the conversation about the giant island of bugs, I stopped listening. I'm pretty sure that's the day-of-sale released podcast, so that would make sense. I'm still subscribed, though, and I plan to go back eventually.

#31 Posted by wrecks (2126 posts) -

Besides the crap design, Tested is fine. Will & Norm still doing their thing. Screened is dead to me.

#32 Posted by freakin9 (856 posts) -

Tested is overwhelming, though better. In general though there was never anything particularly spectacular about the other websites, they all had the same basic design and way they spewed out content and that only helped to make the already stale, bland content that much worse.

Getting back to Tested I think making a big deal about two guys that never actually post video content is kinda revolting and extremely annoying.

#33 Posted by Master_Funk (723 posts) -

Stopped going to screened as soon as Rorie left. Although the team at tested is still there, I'm just not into their new focus on science. And when they do stuff on gadgets, its seems all they talk about is cameras and coffee which I'm not into at all.

#34 Posted by MrKlorox (11187 posts) -

Yeah it seems like the design team absolutely needed Dave more than any other engineer.

#35 Posted by Tesla (1854 posts) -

Tested is the only one I still visit.

#36 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1211 posts) -

I honestly didn't care much for them when they were all together, I was happy when Alex or Rorie or wither of the tested guys where on giant bomb but not enough to go to their sites. I occasionally listen to the Tested podcast but that is the extent of what I do outside of Giant Bomb.

#37 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I always have a Screened tab open but I'm really disappointed by the turn the site has taken

#38 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I visit them nearly as much as I ever did. Slightly less for Screened, but the same for Anime Vice. I was never a regular over on Tested. Screened still has a good community with some decent conversations going on. Unlike a lot of other people I guess, the WM personalities (Alex and Rorie) were never the big draw for me, although I did like Rorie and his puppies. The forum conversations were what drew me in and still do. Admittedly, they are less vibrant that they once were, but there's still some fun to be had. And, the community still posts some good stuff. I look forward to Cherrybomb's fashion critiques after every awards show and the revitalized Box Office Winner's League looks like fun. So, yeah I still visit the former-Whiskey Media sites and will continue to as long as I find their communities a welcome and open-minded group.

#39 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I visit Tested regularly and I'm still on Screened, just the forums though with what seems like the same 15 people.

#40 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4687 posts) -

I just went to Anime Vice to see what's up. Dude, they still got the Whiskey Media logo at the bottom.

#41 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

i didn't really visit those websites. i did every once in a while when i saw something on the footer of tested but that was it.

#42 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I still go to Tested.

#43 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

I don't go to Screened anymore. I will give Tested an occasional glance but don't stay long.

#44 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (126 posts) -

I demand Rorie be employed by GB! We need more Rorie/Ryan hand love!

#45 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Tested's still pretty good. Screened has become fucking hideous.

#46 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

I started going to them regularly about a week before the move. No more though...

#47 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

Stopped going to Screened after Rorie left--just can't bring myself to go back to that sad, sad place. But I still visit Tested daily, despite the horrid visual and UI redesign and the whole Jamie and Adam thing, which I still find offensive. I personally really like the new science and tech focus rather than just pure tech, which got quite boring sometimes with endless non-news about this phone and that tablet and Google barely redesigned this or that, etc.

#48 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2052 posts) -

I still adore Tested, but I don't visit Screened much anymore.

#49 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (128 posts) -

I still frequent tested, and comicvine.

#50 Posted by Paindamnation (759 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

I just went to Anime Vice to see what's up. Dude, they still got the Whiskey Media logo at the bottom.

Same thing with screened and that Patrick ME2 article about Miranda.