This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

#2 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

I'm not voting.

#3 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

Why two threads?

#4 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Arkasai: One's for Romney supporters and the other for Obama, that way the threads don't disintegrate into arguing.

#5 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I'm not voting (in this poll, not in the election) because then I'll see the percentage of people who are voting for Romney, and it will depress me.

#6 Posted by Coolarman (709 posts) -

I'm voting for pedro

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -

Didn't we just have one of these threads not too long ago?

#8 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Arkasai: Thought a poll would better service this.

Also Ron Paul supporters will you be voting at all. With the RNC pretty much throwing out all the supporters of Ron Paul from their convention while chanting "USA, USA" is probably the lowest low even for the RNC.

#9 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Not voting. I live in Arizona, so our delegates are going to Romney.

#11 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Red: That sucks. America needs the MMP system. So you could vote for 10 different choices instead of 2. This way each party would have a percentage of the vote and then its up to them to band together to get the majority, this way you get alot more voices heard.

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Didn't see that as the last post was over 5 days ago

#13 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -

I think getting real information on either is too difficult. Romney kinda seems like a smug asshole and Obama has fucked up a lot of military related things that affect me. So, i just kinda stopped caring.

#14 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@EpicSteve: It is kind of difficult. They're both playing the typical political game. I was disappointed Obama's AMA was a typical PR stunt, and the man seems afraid to commit to anything.

Also, the Romney campaign isn't really interested in giving you a clear picture anyways as you can read in this incredibly depressing article: "We're Not Going to Let Our Campaign Be Dictated By Fact-Checkers"

Yay?

#15 Posted by Jrad (621 posts) -

An outside perspective: to the rest of the world, the Republican party seems like a bunch of kooky old men. I cannot fathom why any rational person would vote those crazy fundamentalists into a position of power. I'd rather unfulfilled but good-willed promises than completely backwards social policies. Obama is far from perfect, but I think it's probably important to choose the one who's going to be less detrimental for America as a whole.

#16 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

I'm ready to leave this shithole. America is in the dumps and nothing is going to save it, unless we get a Clinton in office. I'm an RN so finding work abroad shouldn't be too hard.

#17 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

moloch the true lord of america

#18 Posted by Athadam (687 posts) -

I live in California so it's pointless to vote.

#19 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

I think getting real information on either is too difficult. Romney kinda seems like a smug asshole and Obama has fucked up a lot of military related things that affect me. So, i just kinda stopped caring.

By that do you mean because of troop withdrawals?

#20 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@shootermcclay

I'm ready to leave this shithole. America is in the dumps and nothing is going to save it, unless we get a Clinton in office. I'm an RN so finding work abroad shouldn't be too hard.

Come to Australia, we always need RNs
#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Obama because I don't take offense to gay people being gay, women being women, or minorities being a color other than white. And I laugh out loud when the uninformed say America is a Christian nation when this quote exists:
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..." John Adams, Treaty of Tripoli.

I don't want religious laws that deny some people basic rights to exist in my beloved, SECULAR, nation.

#22 Edited by scalpel (314 posts) -

I'm voting but not for your two options. This is a bad poll, and in any case, we already have one.