Who do you BELIEVE Caused the Seattle Sonics/OKC Thunder to move?

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By GamespotNoMore
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GamespotNoMore

oh I wish I could edit that, but choice D is obviously supposed to be David Stern..and keep in mind that I am a seattle fan and live in western washington and went to WSU in eastern washington, so I am looking for local GBers and Cougar and Husky GiantBombers, but I welcome all opinions, because here in Seattle it was a Howard Schultz/David Stern/Clay Bennett, but in OKC Clay Bennett must be a hero and praised as a savior, and in the national media it must have been reported it was an arena/luxury seat problem....we sold out a lot of Sonics games in their last two years, and it wasn't long ago that the Sonics won 50 games in a season with Nate McMillan, Flip Murray, etc. in 2004-05...I miss Durant and now I cannot see WSU alum Kyle Weaver who I shook hands with and saw on campus every day, can't see him in a Sonics uniform, but an ugly orange and blue Thunder uniform, seriously change your ugly colors..and U should have called the team Tornados or like Dusters or Sooners or something more OKC

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

not much sports fan here?? it was F. OKC is a much better market than SEA

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GamespotNoMore

from what I hear SEA is the 14th largest market, and OKC is the 42nd largest market, but I just want a debate here, keep it civil, I am not whiny about it, but I wished they had stayed where they were for 40 years, but anyway being a Blazers fan is so much better, Blazers could challenge for the champ, and OKC will be one of the worst teams this season, what are they up to now 15 wins?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum
GamespotNoMore said:
"from what I hear SEA is the 14th largest market, and OKC is the 42nd largest market, but I just want a debate here, keep it civil, I am not whiny about it, but I wished they had stayed where they were for 40 years, but anyway being a Blazers fan is so much better, Blazers could challenge for the champ, and OKC will be one of the worst teams this season, what are they up to now 15 wins?"
In comparison to how they started the season, that is better. Didn't they go on like a 5-5 run? That isn't great, but it is an improvement.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GamespotNoMore

well, yeah of course they are improving, they have Kevin freakin durant and jeff green...but they haven't won more than 3 or 4 in a row all season

are any of U gonna vote in this? I wanna vote after a few votes are in, so everybody doesn't know how biased I am

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum
GamespotNoMore said:
"well, yeah of course they are improving, they have Kevin freakin durant and jeff green...but they haven't won more than 3 or 4 in a row all season

are any of U gonna vote in this? I wanna vote after a few votes are in, so everybody doesn't know how biased I am"
Well, I did vote for the most obscure one on that list, that being Letter K.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
GamespotNoMore said:
"from what I hear SEA is the 14th largest market, and OKC is the 42nd largest market, but I just want a debate here, keep it civil, I am not whiny about it, but I wished they had stayed where they were for 40 years, but anyway being a Blazers fan is so much better, Blazers could challenge for the champ, and OKC will be one of the worst teams this season, what are they up to now 15 wins?"
OKC sells out... they didn't selout in SEA
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GamespotNoMore

OK It is obvious which way I lean, I wanted the Sonics to stay...mostly I blame stupid Starbucks Howard Schultz and selling it to Clay Bennett and I also blame partly (but not as much Gregoire for dropping the lawsuit and Schultz for dropping his lawsuit too and Davis Stern for being two faced and saying one week (before the decision how crappy Key Arena was, and then one or two weeks later, saying how great and a world class arena Key Arena is , but most of the blame goes to Howard Schultz for me)

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GamespotNoMore

yeah OKC sold out tickets before they even knew for sure they were coming to OKC or not...see how they do in the next 3 or 4 years when they are still pretty terrible, at least see how they do on sellouts for 2010-11 season, it is way too early to tell, that was Seatlle's one team that won a championship in the late 70s, U can't take our history, that is just dumb, but now U get to hang Kemp and Schrempf and Payton jerseys in there like they were yours...Payton has already said he is not wearing a Thunder jersey when he goes into the hall of fame...good for him, Payton and Kemp, and McMillan are ours and they will stay in seattle hearts, I think that is why McMillan left for Portland, because he saw trouble acomin...but anyway it is good to be a blazers fan, they will probably finish 2nd or 3rd in their division (maybe win the division, and OKC will be in the bottom three worst teams in the NBA, karma baby for Clay Bennett)

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

I voted J

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By MC_Izawa

When I visited my uncle in Seattle he drove me by the Sonic's stadium and it's library looks and out of the way location made it seem like they were treated second rate.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GamespotNoMore

it was one of the smaller arenas and shame on the Washington state government for not funding or giving any money to the stadium, that is one of the many reasons I did not vote for Gregoire reelection or election (the first time she got elected it was the closest race in WA history with Rossi winning the first two counts and then the third recount, she won, the Democrat, only by 400-500 votes..and it wasn't decided for what seemed like ten years after election day..the second time she ran she only won like 52%-48%...eastern and central washington (ellensburg, spokane, pullman, wenatchee)  areas are totally red but where the population is (Seattle , Tacoma, Vancouver, Olympia) western washington is blue, so it's actually a pretty balanced state, but has gone blue in almost every election for 20-30 years..we are the second state to approve assisted suicide (physician right to die stuff) after Oregon, California doesn't even have that yet

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I didn't know this was debatable. I thought it was a result of the owner of the Sonics wanting to move the team to his home city.

solarstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By solarstone

nothing more than an owner from OKC who wanted to see a team in OKC.

but you would think OKC would have an NFL team before a basketball team. shrug.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Zionism.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GamespotNoMore

yeah I think OU football is more supported than OKC Thunder

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I miss Durant in Seattle

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By alexrubens

it was honestly such a poor choice on a lot of peoples part and I muss the games so much!

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I have a Kevin Durant Sonics jersey, they didn't make them for more than a year

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

GamespotNoMore said:
]Blazers could challenge for the champ, and OKC will be one of the worst teams this season, what are they up to now 15 wins?"
You can't be serious. 

The Portland TrailblazersChampionship contenders

No way.  That will not happen.  There is a good chance they'll hit the second round of the Playoffs, but they'll get crushed in a seven game series against a San Antonio Spurs (even without Ginobili) or a Los Angeles Lakers. 

Even in the event they miraculously make it to the NBA Finals, they'd run headlong into either Boston's big three, or LeBron James.  In either scenario, it'd be the equivalent of a sports car smashing into a concrete barrier.