Who is keeping up with Netflix UK?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Netflix launched at the beginning of this year, I was a day one subscriber and have watched a great deal of fantastic shows because of it. There even starting to do cool countdowns to shows being released, Breaking Bad Season 4 was just released today an for the past week they had a banner at the top with an embedded trailer for Season 4.

There are still shows I would like to see added, but ultimately they need to get there act together with the movies.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By J12088

The movies will take time. Sky+Love film have contracts locked up with major studios. They have openly admitted there willing to enter a bidding war to win those contracts and get first rights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I did the free trial month. It was a pretty good service but I realised I wasn't watching anything I couldn't on Youtube. I don't watch very much TV or films anyway so I canned it.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

I am, and if you want to watch classic movies from before 2004ish, Netflix has you covered. Well, not 100%, it's got some great ones from a while ago, like The Usual Suspects, Godfather, Clerks, Hella Quentin Tarantino and stuff. It's lacking Fight Club as a huge omission though, but there's definitely some quality older stuff.

Getting past 2005, not that many films, let alone good ones. They will get their act together soon though, the service is only getting better - nothing has expired yet, so it's always growing.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sayishere

I actually use a site called unblockus which just allows me to get the US version of Netflix. Day one i wasnt that impressed with the line up in the UK version, not checked for months now, will be interesting to see the improvements.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By happenstance

Im still subscribed. It does feel like they need to update more but I understand the problems with starting from scratch when a lot of companies already have the rights to things over here.

One thing I do think they need to sort out though is the new arrivals part of the site. Not everything seems to get put on there, I mean would it be so hard to just have a section that automatically updates showing you what was recently added in order.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By bibamatt

Yeah, I'm a UK unblockus Netflix user, too. Once you try that US content, you'll never go back!

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Heltom92

I use something that is pretty much the same as unblockus to get the US Netflix and it's superior to the UK version in every way.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By HH

@Happenstance said:

One thing I do think they need to sort out though is the new arrivals part of the site. Not everything seems to get put on there, I mean would it be so hard to just have a section that automatically updates showing you what was recently added in order.

this is my main beef with the site, it's very dumb and very frustrating having to search through everything to find out what the newest updates actually are.

i like especially the picture quality they have most things in, and the fact that you can come across forgotten films from the seventies that haven't even gotten a dvd release, ever, nevermind in said picture quality.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang

I came across a movie called Killer Klowns From Outer Space last weekend, it was a god awful movie, but I was very happy to have watched it,

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EuanDewar

im in the UK but I still got that US Netflix and dude, you really should too, there's plenty o easy workarounds to get it workin and the selection is so much fuckin better

NO REASON NOT TO BRUH BRUH

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 49th

I also use unblock US and it is the best thing ever. You can use the US Netflix as well as the Canadian version or just switch back to UK super quickly. I already watched season 4 of Breaking Bad about 2 months ago on Netflix US, now I am caught up with America in season 5.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By UncleDisco

@EuanDewar said:

im in the UK but I still got that US Netflix and dude, you really should too, there's plenty o easy workarounds to get it workin and the selection is so much fuckin better

This guy has it right.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HH

i'm assuming the US version does not have all the UK and Irish programming that the UK version has, so there's one reason.

i mean, you'd have to pay for both if you wanted both right?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Tylea002

@HH: It does not. US dudes can't get dat Louis Theroux. They missing out.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hizang

@EuanDewar said:

Actually there is, the US version of Netflix won't have all UK specific TV shows, which would mean I would have to buy both.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AlexW00d

@HH said:

i'm assuming the US version does not have all the UK and Irish programming that the UK version has, so there's one reason.

Nah, a Netflix account is a Netflix account. Log in via a VPN - which is what these ublockus users are doing, any VPN will work - and you can watch it plenty easy.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By A_Dog
@Hizang

@EuanDewar said:

Actually there is, the US version of Netflix won't have all UK specific TV shows, which would mean I would have to buy both.

Nope, one account covers both. You just need to turn the VPN off to use the UK stuff.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlexW00d

Actually, one question, does the US version have the Borgias? And I mean, the proper Borgias, not that fucking bullshit Borgia programme with a bunch of nobodies and some American fuck playing Rodrigo.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hizang

@ryanrulez said:

@Hizang

@EuanDewar said:

Nope, one account covers both. You just need to turn the VPN off to use the UK stuff.

I'm against this, it seems dirty somehow.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dropabombonit

I have tried Lovefilm and Netflix. I stuck with Lovefilm because they have a wider selection of content. Netflix has better streaming tech but Lovefilm has a bigger selection of films and TV shows. Worth it for Buffy, SOA, and Lost alone. Also have way more alternative and foreign films than the current selection on Netflix

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HH

@AlexW00d said:

@HH said:

Nah, a Netflix account is a Netflix account. Log in via a VPN - which is what these ublockus users are doing, any VPN will work - and you can watch it plenty easy.

cool, just set this up on the free trial thing with unblockus, but would i have to pay that $5 unblockus fee on top of the netflix fee to keep using it?

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By UncleDisco

@HH said:

@AlexW00d said:

@HH said:

cool, just set this up on the free trial thing with unblockus, but would i have to pay that $5 unblockus fee on top of the netflix fee to keep using it?

Yes you will. But against what you're getting, I think it's a pretty small price.. but that's just me.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By bibamatt

@HH: I don't know if it still works, but there used to be a DNS address you could set your PS3 to (you can find it by searching YouTube) where it would use unblockus VPN redirection without having to pay their subscription. I used it for ages, but finally subscribed (it's only about £3 a month) so that I could use it with my iPad/Apple TV.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By happenstance

What does get a bit annoying is the US getting UK shows/episodes ahead of us still. Like Doctor Who for example, we only have 4 seasons and the US Netflix has at least 5, maybe 6.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By dichemstys

Netflix seriously wasn't in the UK until now? Wow, I feel like a piece of shit.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#27  Edited By lumley

@Apparatus_Unearth: We've had it since the start of the year.

It sucks compared to the US counterpart, I only used it to watch season 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad (during my free month).

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lysergica33

@Sayishere said:

I actually use a site called unblockus which just allows me to get the US version of Netflix. Day one i wasnt that impressed with the line up in the UK version, not checked for months now, will be interesting to see the improvements.

Came onto this thread to say the exact same thing. If you're paying for Netflix and you aren't using Unblockus to get access to the US stuff, you're getting fucking RIPPED!

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Sooperspy

@Hizang said:

I came across a movie called Killer Klowns From Outer Space last weekend, it was a god awful movie, but I was very happy to have watched it,

Is that on Netflix? That movie is amazingly bad. Not as bad as Troll 2 (Also on Netflix, at least in US), but bad.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#30  Edited By sjschmidt93

I know it has IASIP while the NA version doesn't. :(

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Signed up yesterday to watch Breaking Bad and I'm at the end of season 2 sooo yeah, Netflix is pretty cool.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By happenstance

Has the "Recently Added" section on the top bar disappeared for anyone else?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

@Hizang said:

@ryanrulez said:

@Hizang

@EuanDewar said:

I'm against this, it seems dirty somehow.

Nah it's legit. Netflix basically goes "Oh hey you must be on vacation overseas, by the way the selection is a little different here" and then lets you on your merry way.