Posted by DriveupLife (909 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Who is your favorite main character on Sex and the City? (68 votes)

Carrie 6%
Miranda 16%
Charlotte 37%
Samantha 41%
#1 Edited by rentfn (1276 posts) -

I like Charlotte. I don't know if this was meant as a joke but I watch this with my wife and really enjoy it. Some of the episodes are bad but overall the show is really funny and the characters are fantastic. Except for Carrie, I kinda hate her.

#2 Edited by DriveupLife (909 posts) -

I don't care what anyone says, Sarah Jessica Parker is sexy as fuck. It's not just looks, its attitude that matters also!

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

#4 Edited by hwy_61 (920 posts) -

After watching the entire series with the wife, I have to say that Samantha was the funniest, sexiest character on the show. Didn't care for the movies.

#5 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

Samantha is the most interesting of the bunch.

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

The slutty one.

#7 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

Holy crap.... Please tell me this is a joke...

I don't care what anyone says, Sarah Jessica Parker is sexy as fuck. It's not just looks, its attitude that matters also!

Said no heterosexual male ever.

#8 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

I seriously have only seen maybe 30 minutes of a random show so I have no idea who is who.

#9 Edited by Hailinel (23674 posts) -

Which one is the unrealistically affluent woman obsessed with sex again?

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Sarah Jessica Parker has a man face. But Kim Cattrall during the Big Trouble in Little China days was smokin.

#11 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

Is there really a thread about this show on Giant Bomb????

#12 Edited by Clonedzero (4038 posts) -

I have no idea who is who.

I saw one episode

#13 Edited by TruthTellah (8406 posts) -

Used to be Charlotte, but now it's Matt Rorie.

#14 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (919 posts) -

Carrie is good in the beginning because her Monologue -skill but once you move from the overworld into the city, her affinity to horses passive becomes useless. Samantha is where it is at in the higher levels, especially if you choose Man-eater as your specialization and put your skill points into AE-status attacks like Herps, Gonor and Chlam.

#15 Edited by KoolAid (821 posts) -

It's gotta be Charlotte. I mean, Carrie is great and all, but my favorite jokes where all based around how uptight Charlotte was. I don't think I woulda watched the show if not for those laughs.

#16 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

The City

#17 Edited by CaLe (3897 posts) -

The older one. I dunno the names.

#18 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

None.

#19 Posted by Sgtpierceface (608 posts) -

Samantha sounds nice. I'll pick her.

#20 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

What

#21 Posted by Village_Guy (2479 posts) -

What...

No really, what? Anyway can't answer that one, I have no idea whom any of them are...

#22 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Whoever the lady with the spectacular breasts from Seinfeld is on the show.

Because they're real, and they're spectacular.

#23 Posted by cmblasko (1107 posts) -

The brunette who was engaged to Agent Dale Cooper on the show, I think that's Charlotte?

#24 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

Now for the fascinating part of the thread where we can see just how much the combined Giantbomb community knows about Sex and the City.

#25 Edited by Skooky (473 posts) -

You're thinking of Desperate Housewives.

#26 Edited by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

Oh, it's totally Miranda (I have no idea, but I voted anyway).

#27 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@skooky said:

@officegamer said:

You're thinking of Desperate Housewives.

Oh right... Sex and the City is the one with the horse lady

The breasts lady is still my favorite.

#28 Posted by Picsl (201 posts) -

The one who doesn't bitch, moan and complain all the time... Oh, wait.

#29 Posted by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

The brunette is pretty. I never liked that program.

#30 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

Probably Sex. No wait, the City.

I've never seen it, but I'd say Kim Cattrall's character, because she was in Big trouble in Little China.

A true cinema masterpiece.

Wait, what were we taking about? Damn, I need to go watch Big trouble in Little China again!

#31 Posted by Legion_ (1252 posts) -

The one with the boobs.

#32 Posted by prapin (32 posts) -

Who watches this shit, jesus christ.

#33 Edited by mordukai (7125 posts) -

No Sex and the City discussion should go without this.

#34 Edited by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

Definitely Miranda. I feel that she has the deepest and most sincere story arcs and her journey is so much more diverse than Carrie's back and forth and never learning and Samantha's sluttiness and trying to prove to people that she has real emotions but still likes to fuck. Charlotte was just an idiot because that's who she's meant to be. The comic relief. Miranda went through some serious shit and definitely had the most development and interesting stories. That's not to say the other girls didn't have interesting stories, they really did, but I feel they never got to Miranda's level of realness.

First movie was ok. I heard the second was abhorrent so I haven't even seen it. LOVE the show though.

#35 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

What...

No really, what? Anyway can't answer that one, I have no idea whom any of them are...

With an avatar like yours, you're not allowed act be confused about someone else's taste in television shows just because we're not part of the demographic the show is targeted at.

#36 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

@village_guy said:

What...

With an avatar like yours, you're not allowed act be confused about someone else's taste in television shows just because we're not part of the demographic the show is targeted at.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#37 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

THE ONE WHO WEARS THE HORSEMASK

#38 Edited by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Samantha because none of the other city ladies flew aboard the Starship Enterprise. Geek cred for this and Little China.

@officegamer: The "breast lady" is Teri Hatcher, who also has geek cred for playing Lois Lane.

#39 Posted by EVO (3848 posts) -

Fuck the haters, Sex and the City was good.

#40 Edited by Quarters (1623 posts) -

From the bits and pieces that I've seen flipping through channels/seeing various clips and trailers, they all seem like terrible people.

#41 Edited by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

My friends think I am a Samantha but I am so a Carrie.

#42 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@village_guy said:

What...

that is an amazing burn!

on topic, I never saw the show but what is it about, exactly?

#43 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

@animasta said:

@toowalrus said:

@village_guy said:

What...

that is an amazing burn!

on topic, I never saw the show but what is it about, exactly?

Not quite sure, but I think it's about four women who have sexual encounters within the confines of a city.

#44 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -
#45 Posted by Quarters (1623 posts) -

@animasta: Actually, he's pretty close. Sarah Jessica Parker is a writer, who writes about life as a woman(supposedly) in New York, primarily dealing with her sex life. And she also hangs out with her friends. Who talk about sex. And buy a bunch of crap.

#46 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -
#47 Edited by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

@quarters said:

@animasta: Actually, he's pretty close. Sarah Jessica Parker is a writer, who writes about life as a woman(supposedly) in New York, primarily dealing with her sex life. And she also hangs out with her friends. Who talk about sex. And buy a bunch of crap.

And yet this show is really well received. Like, it's won goldenglobes and emmy's and shit. I'm not one who can judge it too harshly, though, since I've only watched bits and pieces here and there. Still, it always surprises me whenever I remember its critical and award winning recognition given how so many people also happen to dislike it.

Then again, The Big Bang Theory has also won or often at the very least been nominated for a swath of awards, and that show can fuck riiiiight off.

#48 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

@yummylee said:

@quarters said:

And yet this show is really well received. Like, it's won goldenglobes and emmy's and shit. I'm not one who can judge it too harshly, though, since I've only watched bits and pieces here and there. Still, it always surprises me whenever I remember its critical and award winning recognition given how so many people also happen to dislike it.

Then again, The Big Bang Theory has also won or often at the very least been nominated for a swath of awards, and that show can fuck riiiiight off.

I had that kind of feeling too when I always heard about the series but I caught onto it when it was marathoning in a channel. It has its good and bad episodes as well as some pretty legit stuff. I avoided the movies all together though.

I will agree on The Big Bang Theory though. FUCK DAT SHIT.

#49 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@quarters said:

I just assumed he was doing that dumb "I'm going to expand the title of the show in a full sentence" thing that a lot of people do when they're trying to be funny.