• 103 results
#1 Posted by ripsaw117 (174 posts) -

Mine is Gambit from X-Men.... he has such and interesting and dark past, plus he has that New Orleans Swag(sorry)

#2 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

The tick, He is a clueless moron.

#3 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

Super heros are kind of dumb in my opinion. They don't connect with the real world in any meaningful way because of their ridiculous powers.

Now, the ones that are interesting aren't "super" at all. Batman for instance is very interesting. Iron Man as well. We're talking about flawed human beings, running around in suits, doing incredible things. That's where you find the interesting stories.

#4 Edited by Aegon (5831 posts) -

Spider-man, because without the powers, he's the easiest to relate to/ sympathize with. 

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

Super heros are kind of dumb in my opinion. They don't connect with the real world in any meaningful way because of their ridiculous powers.

Now, the ones that are interesting aren't "super" at all. Batman for instance is very interesting. Iron Man as well. We're talking about flawed human beings, running around in suits, doing incredible things. That's where you find the interesting stories.

I agree with this. Although I do like Spiderman.

#6 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Batman

Cause he's Batman.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11397 posts) -

#8 Posted by ConstantRyan (59 posts) -

I remember liking Gambit a lot when I was younger and most Batman stuff is entertaining so one of those two.

#9 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Dr. Manhattan. Weird choice, but he's one of the few comic book characters i could relate to. Other than that, hm... I don't know. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Power Rangers?

#10 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

DC - Supergirl

First comic book I read. I've been following her ever since.

Marvel - Kitty Pryde

I'm not a big Marvel fan. In fact, X-Men is the only series I would consistently purchase in my youth. Kitty is my favorite member of the X-Men.

#11 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Dr. Manhattan. Weird choice, but he's one of the few comic book characters i could relate to. Other than that, hm... I don't know. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Power Rangers?

A solid choice. Maybe the best usage of the "super" aspect while still keeping the character relatable.

#12 Posted by Chaoticarsonist (37 posts) -

If the Punisher counts as a "hero", then the Punisher. Guns, guns, guns.......

#13 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Phoenix Jones!

No, but seriously. Probably Rorschach. Never compromise. Not even in the face of armageddon.

#14 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Dead Pool?  I think he half counts....  Kinda....

#15 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

The only correct answer here is Chris O'Donnel's legendary take on the character of Robin.

#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

@grant742 said:

Batman

Cause he's Batman.

Exactly what I came in here to say.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:

@grant742 said:

Me

Cause he's me.

Exactly what I came in here to say.

Here here :P!
#18 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

There are other super heroes?

I was convinced it was just Batman.

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

The Batman.

#20 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Spawn.

#21 Edited by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. -RORSCHACH

#22 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Marvel- Captain america/wolverine

DC- Batman

Image- Invincible

#23 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

It was x-men, then spiderman now it is the god damn batman

#24 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

Hellboy.

#25 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

The Hulk.

#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Batman. He's a man who doesn't need super-powers to save the world. I dig that.

#27 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

Green Lantern, I love the idea of a superpower that you can just take off.

#28 Posted by Slayeric (266 posts) -

@DarkShaper: GL is mine as well. I think the mythos around the ring is interesting too. But don't discount the actual guys with the rings personalities. Hal Jordan is a hot shot ass hole, not enough of super heroes around like that. Then there's John Stewart who's former military, treats the job most like a cop. Guy Gardner who has anger issues and perpetually fucks up because of it, and Kyle Rayner who's the easiest out of the group to relate to because he's just a regular duder.

#29 Edited by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

This is a remarkably simplistic view to take!

Any story can be about anything at all and still be easy to relate to. I've read plenty of superhero stories about men who can fly and shoot lasers from their eyes that aren't about superheroes, they're about things like temptation and finding yourself and working through other's expectations.

It just takes a good author to tell those stories. It's the difference between a western telling a story about a cowboy, and a western telling a story about a person.

Do you see what I'm saying? I'm saying that Unforgiven is a better movie than Fistful of Dollars.

(oh and my favorite superhero is Superman. haters gonna hate)

#30 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

Captain America

#31 Posted by LetsRockBaby (220 posts) -

Not really "super", but Batman fo shizzle.

#32 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

@Klei said:

Spawn.

wait

seriously?

#33 Posted by Gabriel (4081 posts) -

Drunk Superman from Superman III

#34 Edited by DonChipotle (2845 posts) -

It is a toss up between Zatanna and Power Girl.

I'm gonna go with Zatanna because the most recent Paul Dini run rekindled my love for that character. I find her interesting as a character. She makes no effort to conceal who she is or anything like that, in fact she has a famous show on the most famous stage and she still manages to sometimes help out the Justice League and maybe even do some business with that crazy billionaire jerk from Gotham. The fact that she casts her spells by saying the incantations backwards is also pretty rad. Zatanna is just a rad character whose books can go from comedic stories to serious shit. Often in the same issue. I mean hell, in one issue she faces an evil puppet that haunts her childhood memories. An evil puppet. Not even Scarface puppet level, but just evil spirit puppet.

Or maybe I just like girls in top hats and stockings.

#35 Posted by RadixNegative2 (526 posts) -

Probably Spiderman and X-23.

I like their characters and have found their comics and stories to be the most enjoyable.

#36 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

I'm gonna go with Zatanna because the most recent Paul Dini run rekindled my love for that character.

Fun fact: Paul Dini likes Zatanna so much he ended up marrying a magician.

Livin' the dream!

#37 Posted by DonChipotle (2845 posts) -

@Olivaw said:

@DonChipotle said:

I'm gonna go with Zatanna because the most recent Paul Dini run rekindled my love for that character.

Fun fact: Paul Dini likes Zatanna so much he ended up marrying a magician.

Livin' the dream!

I knew there was a reason I liked him.

You know, other than being involved with Batman: The Animated Series and other such stuff.

#38 Posted by Ceno (117 posts) -

@Olivaw said:

@BrockNRolla said:

This is a remarkably simplistic view to take!

Any story can be about anything at all and still be easy to relate to. I've read plenty of superhero stories about men who can fly and shoot lasers from their eyes that aren't about superheroes, they're about things like temptation and finding yourself and working through other's expectations.

It just takes a good author to tell those stories. It's the difference between a western telling a story about a cowboy, and a western telling a story about a person.

Do you see what I'm saying? I'm saying that Unforgiven is a better movie than Fistful of Dollars.

(oh and my favorite superhero is Superman. haters gonna hate)

I share a great love for Superman. People who hate Superman think that Superman is about his powers. It's the same stupid simplistic reasoning that's caused many a terrible Superman game to come out.

Bats is my favorite, though.

#39 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Batman.
And then Rorschach.
And then Batman, again.

#40 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Is Batman really a "super" hero? Isn't me more of a just plain "hero"? Doesn't the super imply something extra beyond regular humans? Batman's just a regular dude...an exceptional regular dude, but a dude all the same.

#41 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I fell in love with Dead Pool a few years back shortly before he became super popular and is now in everything. Since then though I really don't care for how they use him in most of his recent stuff, so that love has kind of turned to a simmer. While not a hero, my love for DP brought my attention to Taskmaster and he is one of my favourite characters in all of comicdom now. He has the coolest power of any hero imo.

The Punisher is kind of this guy that I don't go crazy for, but every time I read/watch something based on him I always really enjoy it. So I think I'm going to have to go with him for sheer consistency. Plus I love bloody adult stories and his are always the bloodiest.

#42 Posted by Raakill (845 posts) -
#43 Posted by GunstarRed (5462 posts) -

Does Buffy count? She has superpowers and a comic.

#44 Edited by GirlsGeneration (152 posts) -

Probably Batman because that university is pretty awesome! and Harley Quinn is a pretty awesome girl as well.

#45 Posted by hoossy (939 posts) -

If we are talking actual SUPER heros, then Gambit. I was born in New Orleans... so, I'm rooting for the home team.

The there is Mr. Batman, because of so many reasons, mostly recently, the game he stars in. The Animated Series got me hooked though....

#46 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (758 posts) -

I like Nightwing and Jason Todd

#47 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

#48 Posted by face15 (1306 posts) -

I'm Batman.

#49 Posted by Ketchupp (668 posts) -

Deadpool. I like anyone who talks to themselves, makes Die Hard quotes, and kills people.

#50 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

I like that Batman y'all.

Yea, not really a big comic hero guy, I like a few but Batman is the only one that has made me go and buy some comics. So I'll stick with The Batman.