#1 Edited by mwjeffcott (40 posts) -

I have some good news and I have some bad news.

The Bad News

I bought a 3-day pass to PAX Australia 2012, but my plans have changed and I won't be able to attend. They are the most extenuating of circumstances.

The Good News

I have decided that I don't want to go through the hassle and haggling of trying to sell the pass over the internet, not to mention that it might end up in the (virtual) hands of the wrong sort of person. I figured I'd much rather have it go to a fellow duder, and I'm feeling particularly charitable so I want to make a competition out of it and award the pass to the winner FOR FREE.

The Prize

1. Your suggestion could become a totally rad competition that leads to someone going to PAX Australia for FREE.

2. You could go to PAX Australia for FREE.

The Plea

All I need is some suggestions on how to decide which duder gets the pass. I've got some ideas, but I'm looking for a really great idea, one that has Giant Bomb written all over it. Post them here and I'll pick my favourite.

I'll leave this here for a week, then I'll figure out what I'm going to do. Get writing!

#2 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2495 posts) -

A video competition where people yell "Fuck Ryan Davis" in public places. Best one goes to Pax.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@Turtlebird95
A video competition where people yell "Fuck Ryan Davis" in public places. Best one goes to Pax.
I support this.

Or you should have a twist where the person who makes the best suggestion actually becomes the winner!
#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

If I swim across the pacific do I win?

#5 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Who can build the biggest bomb?

Maybe inappropriate? How about the best photoshop'd picture taken from all of a particular week's content? The funniest/cleverest/dumbest.

I do not need to win this competition, though, since I have my 3-day pass already. Prepared for the Omegathon.

#6 Posted by mwjeffcott (40 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

This is, so far, the winner. I'll give it a few more days, and if nothing better comes along we'll do that.

#7 Posted by TheSoldier89 (14 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

I vote for this one but they must be wearing a "Fuck Ryan Davis" t-shirt while they yell it

#8 Posted by Tygerbite (36 posts) -
@Turtlebird95
I vote for this.
#9 Edited by psylah (2181 posts) -
#10 Posted by MiniPato (2743 posts) -

Whoever makes the best competition suggestion gets the pass!

Oh wait...

#11 Posted by mwjeffcott (40 posts) -

Hey all, here's a quick but somewhat significant update containing the reason behind this original post, and why it may not go ahead after all:

I originally planned to give away my PAX pass because my partner was looking into PhD options next year, none of which were anywhere near Melbourne. The most likely option was, at the time, in Germany.

Since then, she's found an opportunity to pursue her PhD in Melbourne itself, and is flying over there next week to meet with those involved and discuss the details of the potential project.

If you were following this thread until now, here's what's new:

1. There's a non-zero chance that I will be able to attend PAX Australia after all, due to the possibility of moving to Melbourne.
  2. In the case of 1., I will not be giving away my PAX pass.
  3. In the case of not 1., I will go ahead with giving away my pass.

I will know sometime in the next few weeks what's happening with this situation, and more information will be posted regardless of what happens. I apologise if I got anyone's hopes up or anything like that.

#12 Posted by mwjeffcott (40 posts) -

If anyone is still watching this, I have some exciting (for me, at least) news:

I am indeed moving to Melbourne early next year, so I will be taking that PAX pass for myself. Again, I apologise if anyone was following this.