• 108 results
#1 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
#2 Edited by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I'm talking about a WW3 type scenario, who will the US be duking it out with next?  Any chance of a war happening that US has to worry about invasions on its own soil?  Just looking for some interesting speculations on what you guys think might happen.

BTW, a conflict such as Iraq or Vietnam are not what I'm talking about.

#3 Edited by Mr_Bubbles (174 posts) -

If you vote I, you must think this is fairy tale land. 

I guess China, because the population is so big. 

Edit: Wait, I change my answer! Russia, because there's gold over them there Russian hills!

#4 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6139 posts) -

I'm voting for the Franco-Prussians and the Mongol hordes!

#5 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

I would say either Russia or China. But you never know. It could just become another Cold War with no real combat or it could be the next World War.

#6 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

Corporations? Say wut
#7 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Canada. Trust me we're planning big shit up here. You guys will not be pleased.

#8 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

I voted Pakistan. Just a wild guess really.

Hopefully WW3 won't happen anytime soon. And if the US went up against the EU, thats a hell of a lot of countries by the way. They would get massacred. >_^ Just kidding.

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

i love that 8% of people think europe and america would go to war. 

the state of public schools...

#10 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
@chstupid: I think i've watched too much aliens.  But also i was thinking about Blackwater type stuff.
#11 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I have a feeling that it would be China.

Though why isn't Iran in the list?

#12 Posted by ErgoProxy77 (550 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHA lol omg who picked I. ?????

#13 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

I may be in the minority here, but I hope there is no "next big war".

#14 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
@Meteora: Yeah, that was dumb on my part, I was just taking some of the countries listed as most powerful on this list, that   Ahmadinejad guy seems kinda crazy.  North Korea was probably another oversight.
#15 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

#16 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum: Same here obviously, but after just taking my first real US history course I am jaded.
#17 Edited by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

Every single country on that list except Japan is a nuclear power, and thus the US will not go to war with them, because it would result in an inevitable nuclear war that would have >100m Americans killed. Japan has US military bases in it, and is on great terms with the US.

There will be no "World War III" unless you count something like the war on terror as being it. Nationstates don't pick fights with any major powers, and the major powers are all Nuclear armed, and thus subject to MAD induced peace.

#18 Posted by me3639 (1747 posts) -

The better question is will the war be based on race, religion, status(rich vs poor), oil, dirt, or just because we want to test some new weapons?

#19 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -

The US will undoubtedly be involved in one form or another. The enemy would either be Russia or China. Probably Russia, if I had to place money. But I doubt the nuclear apocalypse will ever come. But nukes will be reconsidered as a weapon.

As for China, I'm not too worried, their military technology is still behind ours, and they would have to cross the Pacific to get to us. The US is very fortunate to have it's geographic location where it is. Though the Russians could still travel North into the US, at which point I hope our friendly Canucks will let us know whats going on. ^.^

#20 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

None, with any luck.

#21 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

The Great Corporation War 
Pepsi & KFC vs Coke & Burger King 
#22 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Canada. Trust me we're planning big shit up here. You guys will not be pleased. "
Beaver soldiers? Moose battalion? 

*gasp* Mounted Beaver Moose Battalion?!!!!     

TELL ME!!!
#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -
@DanielJW said:

" Canada. Trust me we're planning big shit up here. You guys will not be pleased. "

Hahahaha.. ya right.. that guys crazy. Just ignore him.

SHHHH!!!! Don't let on about the plans, the Yankee dogs might figure it out! We have worked too long, and hard to have you ruin our plans this close to execution again!

Seriously though i wouldn't be surprised if the US attacked Canada in the years to come, and it started a world war three scenario. A large portion of the US get their electricity from Canada, and we have the worlds largest supply of clean water. When those things become in high enough demand i wouldn't be surprised at all if they tried to attack us for our resources. This could then  be the bases for other countries to point to it as an example of the US needing to be stopped, before they think they can just go into anyone's country, and take what they want. Leading to the US+ allies VS the rest of the world scenario. 

I'm already practicing for the coming rebellion against our vile Yankee overlords. We won the first war, we will win again!
#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Remember when the US bombed the Moon for water? Yea, we didn't take that too lightly.

#25 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -

really? no Iran? No Saudi Arabia? No North Korea?

#26 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

i don't think anyone will really win ww3 lol, everyone loses!

#27 Posted by Daveyo520 (6675 posts) -

WW III is going to be with China if it happens, Fallout doesn't lie. 

I see another Cold War happening way before WW III though.

#28 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" WW III is going to be with China if it happens, Fallout doesn't lie.   I see another Cold War happening way before WW III though. "
It won't be cold if it turns in to WW III
#29 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
.... Leading to the US+ allies VS the rest of the world scenario.
Bad news for the UK then, I mean, Canada is part of the Commonwealth, but we do get a lot of resources from the US as well. Quite the conundrum.
#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (6675 posts) -
@Skytylz: That is how come I said way before.
#31 Posted by Alphonzo (756 posts) -

The Army of the Dead

...and Viggo Mrmsrrson.
#32 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

I dont know who it would be but i really doubt that it would be China, they make far to much money out of the US in terms of trade. They really dont have any reason to begin or involve themselves in a war with the United States. They would just be cutting of the hand that feeds them. Same with India. Russia and Pakistan dont have the ability to fight a ground war with the United States and Japan and the European Union are staunch allies. Maybe corporations but it would have to be some very large corporations to take on the US Military. North Korea might simply because their leader is insane. 

#33 Posted by Daveyo520 (6675 posts) -
@mrfizzy: @mrfizzy said:
" I dont know who it would be but i really doubt that it would be China, they make far to much money out of the US in terms of trade. They really dont have any reason to begin or involve themselves in a war with the United States. They would just be cutting of the hand that feeds them. Same with India. Russia and Pakistan dont have the ability to fight a ground war with the United States and Japan and the European Union are staunch allies. Maybe corporations but it would have to be some very large corporations to take on the US Military. North Korea might simply because their leader is insane.  "
I don't see a war with North Korea reaching World War levels. It would pretty much be like the wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
#34 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@DanielJW: 
shhhhh...dont give away our plans. 
the robots are not ready yet.
#35 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@Daveyo520: ok i see
#36 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
" @mrfizzy: @mrfizzy said:
" I dont know who it would be but i really doubt that it would be China, they make far to much money out of the US in terms of trade. They really dont have any reason to begin or involve themselves in a war with the United States. They would just be cutting of the hand that feeds them. Same with India. Russia and Pakistan dont have the ability to fight a ground war with the United States and Japan and the European Union are staunch allies. Maybe corporations but it would have to be some very large corporations to take on the US Military. North Korea might simply because their leader is insane.  "
I don't see a war with North Korea reaching World War levels. It would pretty much be like the wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. "
Your probably right, the only way it could get out of control is if the US sided with the South and China with the North. Then shit gets crazy. Tho i doubt China would back the North, not from a military perspective at least. 
#37 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Nice choices brah.  Where the fuck is Iran and Korea?    

Oh, and I just watched Canadian Bacon again today.  Fuck Canada. 

#38 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

You guys are really making me sad, 

You do know that there are other people from other countries that use GB? 

Fuck you is a phrase that comes to mind when I read all of this.
#39 Posted by funcmode (138 posts) -

hopefully against yourselves.

#40 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:

" @mrfizzy: @mrfizzy said:

I don't see a war with North Korea reaching World War levels. It would pretty much be like the wars we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. "
Except we would be fighting a nuclear armed country and not a bunch of terrorists with roadside bombs. 
#41 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
@Red12b: I didn't mean to offend, its just that the US is probably the largest power around and we tend to get involved in most wars.  If there was a major war i'd imagine the US would be a main player on one of the sides.
#42 Posted by Mikl (157 posts) -

The next console war is gonna get serious yo
#43 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Nice choices brah.  Where the fuck is Iran and Korea?      Oh, and I just watched Canadian Bacon again today.  Fuck Canada.  "
Keep yer stick on the ice, yankee.
#44 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

WW3 if it happens will be nuclear and it will be the end of the world. 

#45 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

China, and you'll get your arse's whipped severe when you do in 10-15 years time. 

#46 Posted by Jesus (1116 posts) -

Anartica... those penguins are up to no good... they have weapons of the future.

#47 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

yeah, I tend to agree, that is if we continue on our military imperialist path. I personally hope that we will revert to our isolationist ways some day and not worry about global issues cause honestly being world policeman is hard, and it just makes everyone hate you.

#48 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

This thread is pretty retarded.
There aren't going to be any major wars, not by any traditional definition at least.

#49 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Bobdaman18:

Still,  
Ignorant people making Arrogant decisions, 

Reminds me of that Yemen thread. 

Just Disappointing is all.

#50 Posted by bybeach (4771 posts) -

The question works but the answer is a bit overshadowed. I can`t see it mattering. hey, mabe to an Alien 101 Uni- course why some civilizations in the  bigger universe go bye bye. 

Mabe alot.