Who will win the Debate tonight???

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

Who is going to win the debate tonight? Palin the young fresh rookie, or Biden the creme de la creme of the democratic party...

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

It'd take a huge, huge concentration of stupidity in any one person to lose a debate to Palin about anything at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

CynageN said:
"It'd take a huge, huge concentration of stupidity in any one person to lose a debate to Palin about anything at all."
I dunno, man.  I'm sure she's pretty knowledgeable about sniping helpless animals from helicopters. 
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpecTackle

Or uh.. you know, nickle and dimeing rape victims.

I never really thought about that I guess.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I don't see how there's any question Biden can lose. Weirder things have happened though. He's wily enough to get her out of the 20 or so responses she's probably been taught subliminally over the past week. There's no way to actually teach someone that much that fast. Well, to teach someone that stupid anyway.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Shocker

I definitely think Biden will win. It will be interesting though.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThomasP
Jayge said:
"I don't see how there's any question Biden can lose. Weirder things have happened though. He's wily enough to get her out of the 20 or so responses she's probably been taught subliminally over the past week. There's no way to actually teach someone that much that fast. Well, to teach someone that stupid anyway."
Mos def. Biden is known for a blurb or two, but I think tonight he will come off as cool and calm against Palin. He won't need to tap into "pissed off" Biden.

It's going to be interesting either way.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

What are you talking about man!?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By fr0br0
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"What are you talking about man!?"
Shh, let the grown ups talk, honey.

Palin might be able to survive this debate if nobody asks her any questions about magazines...
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
Fr0Br0 said:
"Solid_SnakeXx said:
"What are you talking about man!?"
Shh, let the grown ups talk, honey.

Palin might be able to survive this debate if nobody asks her any questions about magazines..."
My posts> your brain
jkjk..
if you are talking about the american  thingy then dont worry the black dude will win.
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sir_Ragnarok said:
"CynageN said:
"It'd take a huge, huge concentration of stupidity in any one person to lose a debate to Palin about anything at all."
I dunno, man.  I'm sure she's pretty knowledgeable about sniping helpless animals from helicopters. "
Basically these two things. Biden's gonna own her face off.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By giyanks22
Jayge said:
"I don't see how there's any question Biden can lose. Weirder things have happened though. He's wily enough to get her out of the 20 or so responses she's probably been taught subliminally over the past week. There's no way to actually teach someone that much that fast. Well, to teach someone that stupid anyway."
Palin's former opponent for Governor of Alaska was on the news, and he said she is really tough to debate, because she has a great personality, and that she doesn't stick to specifics. Biden definitely has the edge in expierience though...It will be interesting 50 minutes and counting!
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo

God, I wish I lived in America, the most interesting political news we've had is that David Cameron got his bike stolen when he went to a supermarket.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

giyanks22 said:
Palin's former opponent for Governor of Alaska was on the news, and he said she is really tough to debate, because she has a great personality, and that she doesn't stick to specifics. Biden definitely has the edge in expierience though...It will be interesting 50 minutes and counting!"
That's exactly what is troublesome about Palin.  No, she doesn't stick to specifics, because she's able to deftly talk around them.

Or, at least, she can when they are about local issues.  Obviously, when it comes to anything of national scope, she has as much sense as the man on the moon. 
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By gearhead
giyanks22 said:
"Jayge said:
Palin's former opponent for Governor of Alaska was on the news, and he said she is really tough to debate, because she has a great personality, and that she doesn't stick to specifics. Biden definitely has the edge in expierience though...It will be interesting 50 minutes and counting!"
Yes, but that was before it seems that she started taking stupid pills.
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By whackmypinata
Gearhead said:
"giyanks22 said:
"Jayge said:
Yes, but that was before it seems that she started taking stupid pills."
Katie Couric asked her a question about what supreme court decisions she disagreed with. Palin said "there are many, you know..". Couric said, "Can you think of any?" Palin said, "I'll get a bunch and come back to you.."
The respect America gets from other world leaders is almost as bad as our economy.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Karmum

I don't think anybody will actually win.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Lies

Palin's an amazing debater according to her opponents from Alaska.

However, I don't think any amount of debate skills can save her from spewing the ignorance she insists on calling experience.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_

Biden is kind of destroying her right now, I don't know where she got that reputation.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Discorsi

Is she running for the president of Alaska or the USA???? >.>

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By shotaro

hang on - they keep score at debates?

wow the american political system is wierd!

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DualReaver

Palin is self owning herself.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shotaro

How bad is it? Not on in the UK until friday night - is it worth watching so you can actually see Obama's lead go up?

Or is she just pouting and hoping that men will succumb to her charms? Not suggesting she has any but she can still hope :P

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By serbsta

I watched 10 minutes of it, i get so pissed because they constantly evade the questions i want answered, so i just dont watch.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bulldog19892

Palin would lose a debate with a brick wall, but that wouldn't stop her from arguing with it.

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Shadow2K6

Biden hands down.  Palin fails in intelligence let alone debating skills.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By giyanks22

I don't think anyone so much "won", because Biden was good, but expected. Palin was far exceeded the average expectations, and she was able to connect to the common american...I flipped between Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and ABC, and they all were talking about how well Palin did, so I think McCain will get a boost from this, and I think that people will make their choices based on the next two Presidential debates. I wish they would have talked about Russia, because that is such a touchy subject with Palin. Biden's problem was that he threw out way too many numbers, so he is bound to be wrong in some of the facts, because no one is perfect. It was an excellent debate though.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpecTackle

The only thing Palin exceeded the expectations of was of her embarrassing herself to no end. She raised no real points on anything she talked about, she used disinformation more than once (as I'm sure was coached) and she avoided things that she had no fucking clue about.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bulldog19892
CynageN said:
"The only thing Palin exceeded the expectations of was of her embarrassing herself to no end. She raised no real points on anything she talked about, she used disinformation more than once (as I'm sure was coached) and she avoided things that she had no fucking clue about."
Exactly. Also, she said everything with an annoying condescending, soccer mom tone, and she did nothing but appeal to people's emotions with phrases like 'we're dealing with terrorists who hate our democracy and our freedom, and want to destroy them, so we must succeed in Iraq' (generally). I also love how she says "nuculer" just like Bush.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jayge_
giyanks22 said:
"I don't think anyone so much "won", because Biden was good, but expected. Palin was far exceeded the average expectations, and she was able to connect to the common american...I flipped between Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and ABC, and they all were talking about how well Palin did, so I think McCain will get a boost from this, and I think that people will make their choices based on the next two Presidential debates. I wish they would have talked about Russia, because that is such a touchy subject with Palin. Biden's problem was that he threw out way too many numbers, so he is bound to be wrong in some of the facts, because no one is perfect. It was an excellent debate though."
There's a difference between pundits and the people. Check CNN's pole.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ish

Biden. Palin doesn't look like President material.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Levio91 said:
"I want to watch this online but the cspan stream is all glitchy where else can I watch???"
It will likely show up on Hulu sometime soon.  You can watch the first debate there now.

www.hulu.com

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ish said:
"Biden. Palin doesn't look like President material."
I just appreciated the way she answered relatively few of the moderator's questions. 

Just go off on your own tangents, Palin.  That's how we ought to do things. 
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpecTackle
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"The_Ish said:
"Biden. Palin doesn't look like President material."
I just appreciated the way she answered relatively few of the moderator's questions. 

Just go off on your own tangents, Palin.  That's how we ought to do things. "
Well ya know there Ragnarok.. as the governor of the only arctic state in this nation, I really do believe that there has to be some kind of guy out there that... does... stuff. You know, a guy with a sack full of toys... white beard, maybe some kind of weight problem. I don't know why you'd oppose me on that, it's our nations only hope for a prospero... shit, that's too big of a word for me. A good future.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By coakroach

Biden.

He's a politician and everything.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By Gunner

Seemed like palin just advertised her state for oil drilling the whole time. I think Biden won.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bartiemus

Satan that's who.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Joker

I feel that maybe Biden did better, but Palin did better than expected. Really though there is no clear winner for debates like these, just opinions you agree with.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By lazyturtle
giyanks22 said:
. Palin was far exceeded the average expectations, and she was able to connect to the common american...
It' sad that we expect so little of our canidates. Basically the fact that she didn't say anything really stupid or manage to look like an idiot is being hailed as 'doing well'. Biden was excellent and I really appricated how they both were able to behave like adults towards each other. I was really disappointed when Palin basically said she wasn't going to answer any questions unless she felt like it....was she giving a speech or participating in a Q&A style debate?
I do feel that 1 very unfair question was asked: Palin was asked if (and I'm going to paraphrase) greedy wallstreet fatcats or poor simple American citizens were to blame for the financial troubles....what the was she going to say? In reality it's a little bit a both, but I don't think that anyone running for office is going to blame the voters for anything...it's all the evil corporations....

It also cracks me up that each of them was trying SOOOO hard to be an 'average' American..when neither of them are. Before bribes (err..I mean gifts) Palin and her husband made $240,000/year. I'm not sure about Biden but I'll bet he's got plenty of $. Basically nobody running for Pres or VP is average..and that's good. I want someone who is smarter, more charasmatic and more dedicated than the average person to hold such an office. Joe 6-pack is a great guy....but he's not presidential material.

I say Biden gave good, substansive answers and clearly 'won' the debate.

I ca't wait for SNL....I love election year SNLs. 
Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Muze

I thought they both did pretty well, and I think Palin did better than what people expected.