• 174 results
#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

C. Neither.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

D.) Why must it be about winning? Is the election but a competition to be won?

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

D.) Why must it be about winning? Is the election but a competition to be won?

E) Kinda.

We do have two defined teams of sorts. It's a bummer because moderates like me are kind of fucked either way.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

F) Murica.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

I can't wait until you spin it so Ryan won

maybe talking about how Biden was rude and assertive huh, because that seems to be the only thing Fox news is saying

#7 Posted by Milkman (16846 posts) -

I didn't see it (so I won't vote) but from what I hear, Biden crushed it. 

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

@Animasta said:

maybe talking about how Biden was rude and assertive huh, because that seems to be the only thing Fox news is saying

Which you are you specifying? Not that I'm self-conscious or anything. Cause I'm not. I'M NOT!!!

#9 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

God damn it, my friend stopped by so I missed the whole thing. Trying to recap on it now, but it's hard to declare a winner if you're not watching it all live.

#10 Posted by TruthTellah (9153 posts) -

You should really add a "Tie" or "Neither" option.

I think they both did fine, and whatever side you're on, you'll probably have your little moments that made you think your candidate's VP won.

#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I don't see how anyone could possibly think that Ryan did better than Biden.

#12 Posted by sissylion (679 posts) -

Everyone lost.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Animasta said:

Which you are you specifying? Not that I'm self-conscious or anything. Cause I'm not. I'M NOT!!!

astrotriforce, of course; last thread he was really biased towards Romney

#14 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1431 posts) -

anyone have any good clips of Biden doing his thing?

#15 Posted by GalacticPunt (1060 posts) -

Smilin' Joe Biden skull-fucked Ryan on live television, so America won! Catholicism got a "Participation" trophy.

#16 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

I'm watching CNN replay of it right now and does anyone know what that line on the bottom of the screen is? Is the top supposed to be Biden and the lower supposed to be Ryan? Or is it an excitement level or something?

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Animasta said:

astrotriforce, of course; last thread he was really biased towards Romney

Ok, cool. I asked because, though I'm a moderate and actually voted for Obama last time, I've been leaning more towards Romney when these threads come up and I'm vain and think everyone notices what I do.

@PeasantAbuse said:

I don't see how anyone could possibly think that Ryan did better than Biden.

I think he was way more likable then Biden. But Biden was more well prepared and had a larger stable of facts to rely on. So, like I said, C) neither.

#18 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Not really, he did come off really aggressive from what I watched, but Ryan didn't come out on the attack enough. From the analysis I've seen, it was either a stalemate or Biden just nudged ahead, but some people think he might have put off some voters by his demeanour. Crucially for the Republicans, Ryan wasn't all Conservative scary.

#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6321 posts) -

I like these debates because it's basically grown men doing that thing we all did as kids in arguments where every rebuttal was "Nuh-uh!"

#20 Edited by TruthTellah (9153 posts) -

Off Topic:

I think Biden laughing at serious topics should become a meme.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@JasonR86: to be honest being a moderate in America is more like being mildly conservative elsewhere so vOv (though how you could support Mittbot 2.0 I'll never know)

and at least you aren't going to ignore facts like he was doing

#22 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@TruthTellah: you are so right, his laughing face was incredible

#23 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

@Inkerman said:

@Milkman said:

Not really, he did come off really aggressive from what I watched, but Ryan didn't come out on the attack enough. From the analysis I've seen, it was either a stalemate or Biden just nudged ahead, but some people think he might have put off some voters by his demeanour. Crucially for the Republicans, Ryan wasn't all Conservative scary.

That might actually not be a good thing though, since the whole reason Ryan was chosen as the running mate was because Romney wasn't Conservative scary enough.

#24 Edited by Jams (2961 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

I think Biden laughing at serious topics should become a meme.

Only watched about 5 mins so far but it reminds me of a high school debate. The slightly off teacher (who probably takes one too many swigs of his flask and) who thinks he's king of the world because he teaches and the brown nosing student who thinks he can out debate his teacher, but most of the things he says isn't really coherent.

Also Biden looks like he's throwing up and instead of vomit, it's laughs. He keeps throwing up laughs.

#25 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@Inkerman said:

@Milkman said:

That might actually not be a good thing though, since the whole reason Ryan was chosen as the running mate was because Romney wasn't Conservative scary enough.

when Ryan said he wasn't sure that abortion would be legal under their administration (he didn't say that explicitly, but he was very hesitant about it), that was pretty conservative scary

#26 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Animasta said:

So aggressive. Christ.

#27 Posted by cojack426 (22 posts) -

Biden.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (9153 posts) -

@Jams said:

I'm watching CNN replay of it right now and does anyone know what that line on the bottom of the screen is? Is the top supposed to be Biden and the lower supposed to be Ryan? Or is it an excitement level or something?

CNN's game of Snake at the bottom of the screen represented positivity levels for male and female "undecided voters" at a CNN studio watching the debate. One line represented women and the other represented men. They each had a dial which they used to show positivity or negativity toward what is being said at the time. Lower was bad; higher was good.

#29 Posted by me3639 (1765 posts) -

The first question of the night was about the security for the Libya consulate. Yea, sure glad that got to the heart of Americas problems. Oh wait, there are no problems here. The government has you right where they want you...dumb, stupid and thinking they care about you.

#30 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Animasta said:

So aggressive. Christ.

dude was super biased towards romney in the last thread is all I'm sayin

(I mean I'm voting for Jill Stein if the polls before the election show Obama has a good lead in Nevada so whatevs)

#31 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Biden. All that was missing was a People's Elbow to top it all off.

#32 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@GalacticPunt said:

Smilin' Joe Biden skull-fucked Ryan on live television, so America won! Catholicism got a "Participation" trophy.

As it shouldn't have. We have separation of church and state mandated in the Constitution for a reason. Asking what it means to the candidates and their policies was a bad move by the moderator in my opinion, although they seem to guide Ryan's policies pretty heavily, so maybe it was a relevant question after all.

#33 Edited by granderojo (1789 posts) -

I don't particularly care for Biden but when Ryan got tripped up about Afghanistan pullout & tripped up about other foreign policy issues it slanted pretty heavily in the current VP's favor.

#34 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

Lulz! Vice presidents!

#35 Posted by TruthTellah (9153 posts) -

Once again, this poll is inherently flawed as long as "Neither" isn't an option.

#36 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

I was watching the Titans upset the Steelers, but I heard the debate was "garbage time" after the first 10 minutes in favor of Biden.

#37 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5554 posts) -

Biden laughs at your poll, then fumbles with some words. Other guy is no Jack Kennedy and remains ridiculously straight-faced the entire time, the opposite of charismatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gpgXNWYI

#38 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I despise both of them. This whole election (and a peak at the quantities of claims disproved by politifact) has completely soured me on politics. Why is it so difficult to tell the damn truth? Why does competing with someone mean you have to disagree with them on everything? Why can't I dislike a high capital gains tax and also want high education funding and military cuts?

I just think that the people running to rule over the modern world's greatest cultural force should be, I dunno, civil?

Oh well, it's not like vice presidents matter.

#39 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Animasta: I fondly remember during his "Poll of the Day"-craze that he was trying to convince the GB users that Sarah Palin was an excellent and competent politician.

#40 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Although his aggression was a bit much at times, I'd say Biden won this round. And this is coming from someone who can't stand either of them

#41 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Cincaid

@Animasta: I fondly remember during his "Poll of the Day"-craze that he was trying to convince the GB users that Sarah Palin was an excellent and competent politician.

The shit? Is there another Sarah Palin somewhere who isn't so stupid I lose faith in humanity when she speaks? Because in no universe or reality is she anything more than a dumb-as-hell reality TV attention fiend. Hilariously enough, last thread he essentially called liberals (read: anyone who had different views) mentally handicapped.
#42 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

Ryan couldn't answer clearly how he would deal with international emergency situations.

See @ 6:13

#43 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@Ocean_H: For the whole debate I felt Biden had a small edge until near then end when Ryan really did start losing his shit hard. Then Biden was pretty much steam rolling him.

#44 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

@YetiAntics said:

I was watching the Titans upset the Steelers, but I heard the debate was "garbage time" after the first 10 minutes in favor of Biden.

The Titans won? Fucking yeah!

#45 Posted by gamefreak9 (2359 posts) -

Biden smashed! Paul Ryan just looked like a dam moron...

#46 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

Once again, this poll is inherently flawed as long as "Neither" isn't an option.

America doesn't do third options.

Anyway, I felt like Joe Biden's "I hope I get equal time" summed up the night.

#47 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -
#48 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@JasonR86: Well, I hope you enjoy it because you're officially 'that guy' now.

Pretty interesting to read, though.

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

@mandude said:

@JasonR86: Well, I hope you enjoy it because you're officially 'that guy' now.

Pretty interesting to read, though.

At least that stupid, worthless piece of school knowledge I somehow retained finally came in handy.

#50 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

Everyone lost.