• 66 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -


#2 Edited by NTM (7519 posts) -

I’ve never seen a full episode of 24, but I know Jack Bauer was a popular character, and I just read that he’s highly capable and the best at what he does, so I just added him. Anyways, who would you choose? I’ll leave it up to your own imagination to come up with a dangerously near impossible mission. I'd probably go with A.

Wait... I didn't add Jack Bauer! What the hell.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -

I'll chose Bond, James Bond.

#4 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

BATMAN

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

James Bond. Because he gets the mission done while getting ass along the way.

#6 Posted by HatKing (6060 posts) -

Batman is all of those people combined, plus an awesome suit.

#7 Edited by Nightriff (5247 posts) -

Solid Fucking Snake, close the thread. I love Batman but Snake is the biggest badass ever.

EDIT: Also surprised Master Chief wasn't on the list, not that it would've changed my decision

#8 Posted by falserelic (5480 posts) -

Im surprise to see no Chuck Norris.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Nathon Drake, Because his "skill" is pure luck.

#10 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@falserelic: Hell no.

#11 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Obviously Batman, even if I die I will get resurrected eventually. Those other guys will stay dead.

#12 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Metric_Outlaw said:

Obviously Batman, even if I die I will get resurrected eventually. Those other guys will stay dead.

No, that won't apply. It's grounded in reality, not the way comic writers decide to bring them back (like Super Man).

#13 Edited by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

Why is Liam Neeson not a choice?

I chose Agent 47.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they've all been in a video game of some type, so it's a moot question, on my part.

#15 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Nightriff: I chose people that have something in common, just because Master Chief kills things with a gun doesn't make me want to choose him, otherwise I would have had to add a lot of other characters.

#16 Posted by Nightriff (5247 posts) -

@NTM: And I thank you for that. The argument between all my friends was Chief vs Snake, it always should've been Samus vs Chief, I still take Samus

#17 Edited by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses: Because (if you're referring to him in Taken), his character isn't established enough. I chose characters people know well, or are able to know well by now. Also, was that sarcasm?

@Video_Game_King: How so?

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NTM:

I put on my crown, and as long as I wear that, I need merely think of myself being a cetain video game character, and I become them, powers and all.

#19 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@NTM said:

I’ve never seen a full episode of 24, but I know Jack Bauer was a popular character, and I just read that he’s highly capable and the best at what he does, so I just added him. Anyways, who would you choose? I’ll leave it up to your own imagination to come up with a dangerously near impossible mission. I'd probably go with A.

Wait... I didn't add Jack Bauer! What the hell.

Yeah, I was about to say.

#20 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@NTM said:

@Metric_Outlaw said:

Obviously Batman, even if I die I will get resurrected eventually. Those other guys will stay dead.

No, that won't apply. It's grounded in reality, not the way comic writers decide to bring them back (like Super Man).

Nothing about Batman can ever be grounded in reality, so I refuse to not choose him. He will get the job done, sloppily, but done, he will die, then in the year anniversary edition he will rise from his coma, and gather his thoughts from a small couch in the batcave. All while his doppelganger has been on the streets doing 'some' of the batman like duties, waiting for his inevitable return.

#21 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3971 posts) -

Solid Snake.... where was he keeping those cigarettes??

#22 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3971 posts) -

@McGhee said:

James Bond. Because he gets the mission done while getting ass along the way.

Solid Snake wasn't exactly celibate. Until he was too old to get the job done at least but hey, it happens

#23 Posted by Roflwaffles (184 posts) -

Anyone who doesn't pick Batman is wrong.

#24 Edited by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Officially, I'd say Agent 47 'cause while Batman, Solid Snake and Jason Bourne are complete and utter badasses, they get fucked up a fair deal, too. If I was on a mission where failure wasn't an option, I would need to make sure I wasn't going to get tortured at any point.

Off the poll, I'd say Harman Smith. Master assassin with seven split personalities? That means I could tackle any situation!

#25 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

I was thinking Batman before I saw the poll, and then it was an option so I had to pick it. 

#26 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

since batman is the obvious choice, like to the point where i completely renders this entire poll pointless. like asking who'd win in a fight superman orr fat princess.

i pretended batman wasnt on the list and voted jason bourne. why? cus his skills are easily the most practical.

#27 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: You're not becoming anyone, you're acquiring a skill.

#28 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@gelatinabomination: I don't know who that is, but it seems like that's a fine choice.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NTM:

I believe I know my own powers better than you do.

#30 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

Scarlet Witch

#31 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -
#32 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

None of the above - Haggard and Sweetwater - that's all the skill I'll need to take on an entire army (and make short work of Solid Snake)!

#33 Posted by Grixxel (769 posts) -

H. Liam Neeson.

I mean Taken, come on!

#34 Edited by SgtSphynx (1537 posts) -

By getting their skills, I'm assuming we wouldn't get Bruce's billions, right? Would we get his "World's Greatest Detective" mind? And his "human at peak physical conditioning"?

#35 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@gelatinabomination: Yeah, never mind, when I read it I didn't know, and then I thought "Wait, I think he's from that seven game or something that was on GameCube and... PS2." I never played that game though.

#36 Posted by JCTango (1365 posts) -

@NTM: Batman - he always finds a way.

#37 Posted by TheHT (11676 posts) -

Batman is the only person of that list I'd have total confidence in.

#38 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Jason Bourne is my favorite character of those, but Batman because he is obviously the "best" of these (in my opinion, I guess?) being that he is at peak physical condition and is incredibly brilliant (described as the "World's Greatest Detective"). Also he is a master of stealth. And a master of every single martial art and weapon known to man. Also, his filthy rich-edness is considered a power on Comicvine so I get that too!

So, yeah. Don't think you can really compete with that without going to super-humans.

#39 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Yes, I think your best power is to be confused.

@Grixxel: I already mentioned why I never added him.

@SgtSphynx: You'd get all of his skills, so I'd assume the way he thinks is part of it, but it wouldn't change your life, as in, you wouldn't get his money unless you personally wanted to achieve that goal. You would be able to think like him. Also, I'm giving a bit of leeway, but people are assuming I'm asking "What character would you rather be?" when that's not what I asked. So basically, you're just gaining his skills, and in doing so, you'd have to gain his knowledge as well in some ways. This also brings it to the question, who are you working for to even do this job, or are you just some guy on the street that wants to help undercover on your own? That's something I'm letting you decide.

#40 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

@xobballox said:

Jason Bourne is my favorite character of those, but Batman because he is obviously the "best" of these (in my opinion, I guess?) being that he is at peak physical condition and is incredibly brilliant (described as the "World's Greatest Detective"). Also he is a master of stealth. And a master of every single martial art and weapon known to man. Also, his filthy rich-edness is considered a power on Comicvine so I get that too!

So, yeah. Don't think you can really compete with that without going to super-humans.

You can say the same for others though, Batman is known as the greatest detective in his universe where the other people don't exist, or are fictitious. Also, you're gaining his skills, not his money.

#41 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@NTM said:

@xobballox said:

Jason Bourne is my favorite character of those, but Batman because he is obviously the "best" of these (in my opinion, I guess?) being that he is at peak physical condition and is incredibly brilliant (described as the "World's Greatest Detective"). Also he is a master of stealth. And a master of every single martial art and weapon known to man. Also, his filthy rich-edness is considered a power on Comicvine so I get that too!

So, yeah. Don't think you can really compete with that without going to super-humans.

You can say the same for others though, Batman is known as the greatest detective in his universe where the other people don't exist, or are fictitious. Also, you're gaining his skills, not his money.

Yeah, the money part was a joke (half-way...) I still think Batman has the best skill-set out of any of them by quite a bit though, even with my great love for several of those characters.

#42 Posted by SgtSphynx (1537 posts) -

Was trying to decide between Batman and Snake, went with Batman since he and Snake have similar skill sets and Batman's intelligence puts him above Snake. With Bruce's intelligence and creative skills, I wouldn't need the money, and the critical thinking ability is quite handy to have in dangerous, near impossible missions.

#43 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@NTM said:

@Rainbowkisses: Because (if you're referring to him in Taken), his character isn't established enough. I chose characters people know well, or are able to know well by now. Also, was that sarcasm?

Yes, I was only joking. I can't hear "set of skills" without thinking of the scene.

#44 Posted by MAGZine (438 posts) -

Skills? Jason Borne. The man does all sorts of shit with minimal resources. He's got no backing except himself.

Batman, Bond, etc have a lot of money otherwise support. I would never say they're skillless, but they do a hell of a lot less, considering all the fancy gadgets and gizmos they have. Which I would not have.

#45 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

Batman is the perfect human being....

It's not even close.

#46 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@HatKing said:

Batman is all of those people combined, plus an awesome suit.

and really chizzled nips.

#47 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

Agent 47 because he is a highly trained killer from birth and more of a cunning badass than any on that list.

#48 Posted by StarvingGamer (8472 posts) -

Since Batman is more a set of tools than a set of skills, I go with Solid Snake.

#49 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -

Kanye

#50 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Agent 47 or Sherlock Holmes 
 
I went with 47 though.