• 73 results
#1 Posted by EndoftheJays (11 posts) -

Now. Before people start hating on me for doing something pretty cliche. I am going to do this differently. There are three categories for this list.

Human, Nonhuman, and Godlike.

Basically, those are the three you have to work with. You know... so we just don't place Demonbane as number one automatically just because of how cheap a giant over ten universe size time traveling Cthulu mech really is. So yeah, I am going to ban it from this.

But, by human powerful. I mean just a regular human being, they can have powers but they have to have been human born first and remain human. Like a superhero, but not Superman. Nonhuman characters are ones like Goku who aren't human but are in a class of power thanks to being an alien/have become an alien thanks to powers. Godlike ones are like Asura from Asura's Wrath or even a character like Kratos. They are born from Gods or are Gods or beings/things with Godlike abilities like Gurren Lagann.

So here is my list of these three categories.

Godlike character of my choice has to be...

Asura, from Asura's Wrath!

Asura's Wrath Asura

He is completely unstoppable and it is very likely he could also take on Gurren Lagann and win. He is that damn strong. It is almost unfair to put him up against anyone in any piece of fiction. We all know that this guy would win. If you are wondering why. Watch a playthrough or play this guys game. It is insane on how insane it gets.

For the Nonhuman section. It has to be the one and only.

The Demifiend! AKA Hitoshura.

This kid is insanely strong to the point where I fear that in any Atlus video game that I may have to face him again... In Digital Devil Saga, if you were to fight him in the optional boss fight. You better pray to whoever you believe in just for how much ass this guy is going to wipe the floor with you. The normal time to beat him is 2 to 4 hours. 1 hour if you have insanely grind-ed. No, I am not joking. Oh, and did I forget to mention that the normal battle theme from this guys game plays while he uses low level spells and demons only on you? Yeah... he considers the powerful characters in DDS as nothing but mere insects. That is freaking frightening. Now sure, Goku is a obvious contender. I just wanted to do something different here.

For the Human character, it has to be the one and only...

SKITTLES TOUCH MAN!

Wait... wut. Yes, you heard me. This guy is the most powerful regular human I have ever seen. This guy could quite possibly kill the above two guys and even Goku easily. All it takes is a single touch and this man has turned you into a pile of damn candy! This poor cursed man is basically Fist of the North Star but more kid friendly and instead of blowing people up with blood everywhere, he blows them up into a pile of Skittles... I can't tell which is more frightening. Seriously, this is the picture which helped me decide this choice.

Yeah... no one fucks with the Skittles Touch Man. NO ONE!

Who are your three choices for the most powerful characters in fiction?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (35832 posts) -

To be fair, if we're allowed to include Asura, we might as well include The Kid:

After all, they both die about as much.
#3 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

It's God in all three categories.

can't beat the Holy Trinity mothafuckasss
#4 Posted by believer258 (11564 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Did you notice his username? EndoftheJays. And this seems like a very Jay-like thread, particularly the whole Gurren Lagann thing...

Anyway, for human my answer would probably be, well, these guys:

and then Goku. He's both nonhuman and consistently beats dudes that consistently beat gods, so he counts for both.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14636 posts) -

why godlike?

the most powerful godlike creature in SMT is gatdamn YHVH, son.

#6 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4516 posts) -

@panvixyl said:

fucking ninja'd.

#7 Posted by nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor (143 posts) -

The Doctor.

#8 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Oldirtybearon said:

@panvixyl said:

fucking ninja'd.

Motherfucker stole my answer 
#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

There's a comic book character called One Above All who is essentially God. So either him or The Doctor.

#10 Posted by medacris (640 posts) -

I don't think it's able to be decided once and for all, because every fictional universe has its own standards of power.

There are also a lot of really powerful characters I can't see fighting against each other in the first place, like Superman and Goku. It takes a lot to piss those two off, and they're generally pretty nice guys. I see them more likely to be bros than to ever throw a punch at one another.

#11 Posted by Gruff182 (851 posts) -

God

#12 Posted by s10129107 (1173 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@panvixyl said:

fucking ninja'd.

You beat me to it.

#13 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@s10129107 said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@panvixyl said:

fucking ninja'd.

You beat me to it.

Dang it.

#14 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

That one dude you used to play pretend with as a kid who always made up a power to beat yours.

#15 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

@medacris: Given how many times Goku "sparred" with people like Krillin, Uub, and Vegeta I could easily see them throwing down. But in a real fight; yes you are correct.

#16 Posted by EndoftheJays (11 posts) -

I should have banned God from being in this too... however it is far to late now.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35832 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Video_Game_King: Did you notice his username?

I was the first.

#18 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

This is some ComicVine/Anime Vice shit up in HERE.

#19 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3097 posts) -

@Rainbowkisses said:

@s10129107 said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@panvixyl said:

fucking ninja'd.

You beat me to it.

Dang it.

Yup.

#20 Posted by EndoftheJays (11 posts) -

@Baillie said:

This was supposed to be a more fun one where people name off random ass characters... but it de-evolved into... something else.

#21 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

@EndoftheJays said:

@Baillie said:

This was supposed to be a more fun one where people name off random ass characters... but it de-evolved into... something else.

Sorry about this dude, I just beat all y'all to the punch.

#22 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@EndoftheJays said:

@Baillie said:

I'm sorry. I'll play along. Considering God doesn't really fit into the categories you set anyway.

Nothing like some oddly colored, bald, muscular men.

#23 Posted by hanktherapper (370 posts) -
Randall Flagg and his mullet.
#24 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

I've heard people talk about Tom Bombadil being really powerful, but I know fuck-all about LOTR mythology.

#25 Posted by Damodar (1283 posts) -

@psylah said:

I've heard people talk about Tom Bombadil being really powerful, but I know fuck-all about LOTR mythology.

It's inferred that he's very powerful and very ancient, I interpret him as a kind of spirit of the land.

My pick for an insanely powerful human would be the Sorceror Supreme, Doctor Strange. He's an awesome character that more people should know about. There are rumours about him showing up in the next Thor film, which would be cool, but his origin story is totally deserving of a film, I think.

#26 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

Keeping it video game related:

#27 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@EndoftheJays: As to your comment on Skittles man beating Goku (well technically the example is Vegito, but still), I concur:

The uploader's description says it all "Vegito is turned into candy but it seems he has the upper hand."

#28 Edited by LTSmash (598 posts) -

Q

Except for this description, a single character post. Ha.

#29 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

Godlike: Correct answer is Dr Manhattan. Dude can fucking take you apart sub-atomically from afar (thereby negating skittles man), and what's more gives little to no shits because he's become so emotionally disconnected.

#30 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

Batman.

Also, take it to Comic Vine

#31 Posted by csl316 (7979 posts) -

I'd contribute a response, but a visit to Comic Vine usually leads to a realization of some super powerful character actually being a cosmic pussy in the grand scheme of things.

#32 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -
@CaptainCharisma

@medacris: Given how many times Goku "sparred" with people like Krillin, Uub, and Vegeta I could easily see them throwing down. But in a real fight; yes you are correct.

Meh. I would say Broly! He is the legendary super Sayian. Yes he was beat, but they had to team up. Goku couldn't handle Broly by himself.
#33 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@CaptainCharisma

Meh. I would say Broly! He is the legendary super Sayian. Yes he was beat, but they had to team up. Goku couldn't handle Broly by himself.

Majin Buu is the best...he can make candy fall from the sky.

#34 Posted by troll93 (386 posts) -

@panvixyl said:

Fuck that guy, Zeus is the true winner, is a God, a friggin eagle and sort a dude. The last one is a bit of a stretch but he did get it on with a shit ton of human chicks so I'm counting it.

#35 Posted by LiquidPrince (15834 posts) -

For humans it's Luffy. Nonhuman it's Ichigo. Godlike, I have to think about it.

#36 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

Ichigo is a weird one to put into a category I think. I originally thought he would actually be the strongest Human, as he is 100% human, but does turning into a Shinigami count as a power, or form?

#37 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -
@gla55jAw

@LiquidPrince said:

Ichigo is a weird one to put into a category I think. I originally thought he would actually be the strongest Human, as he is 100% human, but does turning into a Shinigami count as a power, or form?

I would say Ichigo could be both. He's a human, but when he switches form I would call him a non-human. When fighting battles, he switches over to a Shinigami. And a Shinigami is not a human. So if you're talking about Ichigo as a Shinigami, he's non human, as a human, well he's human.
#38 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@gla55jAw

@LiquidPrince said:

I would say Ichigo could be both. He's a human, but when he switches form I would call him a non-human. When fighting battles, he switches over to a Shinigami. And a Shinigami is not a human. So if you're talking about Ichigo as a Shinigami, he's non human, as a human, well he's human.

I see that. Makes sense. When he's a human, he's just a medium that can see weird shit.

#39 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

@psylah said:

Tom Bombadil is a good pick for this topic as he could be any of the different categories. Since he seems to be a bit of a joke character he's not explained very well but seems to have incredible power.

I'm not sure who I would pick for the topic but if I think of anything I'll be back.

#40 Posted by pyrodactyl (1856 posts) -

@gla55jAw said:

@SexyToad said:

@gla55jAw

@LiquidPrince said:

I see that. Makes sense. When he's a human, he's just a medium that can see weird shit.

Pretty sure if we're going all anime and shit Goku would be the most powerfull non-human I can think of. You can't really argue agains the whole planet destroying abilities he's got.

Also, luffy isn't even the most powerfull human in his own univers... yet. For the time being it would be Gold Rogers or Shanks/Rayleigh if you don't want to pick a dead guy.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14636 posts) -

@hanktherapper said:

Randall Flagg and his mullet.

randall flagg is basically a god at this point though

and he got his shit wrecked by spider baby in dark tower 7

#42 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -
@pyrodactyl

@gla55jAw said:

@SexyToad said:

@gla55jAw

@LiquidPrince said:

Pretty sure if we're going all anime and shit Goku would be the most powerfull non-human I can think of. You can't really argue agains the whole planet destroying abilities he's got.

Also, luffy isn't even the most powerfull human in his own univers... yet. For the time being it would be Gold Rogers or Shanks/Rayleigh if you don't want to pick a dead guy.

Broly could beat Gomu in a fight. (Yes, he was beaten) but as a group. They distracted Broly while Goku charged up his Spirit Bomb. Yes Goku is pretty powerful, but one on one Goku has no chance. (Or anyone else)
#43 Edited by Landon (4127 posts) -

Dr. Manhattan.

Can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He can't be killed, he doesn't need food, water, or air to live.

Also, he's naked.

#44 Posted by pyrodactyl (1856 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Broly could beat Gomu in a fight. (Yes, he was beaten) but as a group. They distracted Broly while Goku charged up his Spirit Bomb. Yes Goku is pretty powerful, but one on one Goku has no chance. (Or anyone else)

Not if you include the bullshit dragonball GT cannon.

#45 Edited by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@pyrodactyl said:

@SexyToad said:

Not if you include the bullshit dragonball GT cannon.

This is going to spiral out of control. But Broly isn't even stronger than SSJ2 Gohan. So Goku in SSJ2 or 3 would beat him 1 on 1.

Edit: You know what, I don't even know. I thought SSJ3 Goku would be stronger than Broly, but I'm not sure. If you count GT, Goku by a lot.

#46 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -
@Landon

Dr. Manhattan.

Can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He can't be killed, he doesn't need food, water, or air to live.

Also, he's naked.

Shit I forgot him. Okay. My list is Dr. Manhattan, The Doctor (Doctor Who) and One Above All, the comic character that is basically god.
#47 Posted by LiquidPrince (15834 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@pyrodactyl

@gla55jAw said:

@SexyToad said:

@gla55jAw

@LiquidPrince said:

I used to think Goku was one of the most powerful anime characters, but he's really not. Ichigo could take him pretty easily. Ichigo was at a stage by the end of the Bleach anime where he was destroying whole canyons and mountains just by PARRYING attacks. He wasn't even swinging his sword or trying to attack.

#48 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

tyler durden from fight club! being a convincingly correct dictator he turned an entire civilization against trifling consumerist companies. instead of force he did it through an underground message, resulting in victory. great film, great character.

#49 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Man, I really hate threads like this. Sorry.

#50 Posted by HolyHackZack (105 posts) -

Just want to close off the comic book variable by saying Hulk right now.