Who's Wanted To Do Their Own Endurance Run/Let's Play?

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Ever since Persona 4 made it's debut on GB, I've wanted to try my hand at the longplay format. I've finally started with PS4 making it easy to dip into. But I would like some advice, tips, likes/don't likes as to how you guys feel. As long as it's constructive, I'd love to hear it.

I know I'm not the only one newer to this format, so I'd love to see what other people are doing, and hopefully this could be a spot for people to get honest feedback on how to improve their videos.

Thanks, everyone!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I've wanted to try making video features, too, but it's never worked out, for one reason or another.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Currently do one on thegameraccess.com it's called Super Mega Awesome Go Play Time. Honestly I would say don't pick longer games. Doing Okami has been total hell because of how long it is, and because we have to take time to do that series we can't focus on others.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Haven't started yet, but a friend of mine is starting some websites where he sells custom dice and dicebags, so for potential traffic me and another friend are gonna play through Dark Corners of the Earth for the site.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I think you did fine. Most Let's Play's are about 25-30 minutes per part if not an hour though. This is a little short, but that's the only thing I'd say it 'wrong' with it for lack of a better word.

You also have the advantage that you're a natural English speaker. I'm not. So when I did a Let's Play it turned out a little off putting to some native speakers just because you could hear my accent.

Personally, I like Let's Plays of people who have played the game before a lot better though. If they have a specific goal what they want to achieve instead of just experiencing the game for the first time; that's more fun to watch for me. But that's just me. A lot of people like to watch first playthroughs also.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I find the idea fascinating, but I hate how my voice sounds. Also, I feel like no one would want to listen to my poor jokes and rambling.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Zevvion: Thanks for the feedback. I'm six videos in, and I am cutting them into larger chunks now (30-40 mins). I hadn't considered doing multiple playthroughs. I'm currently streaming Outlast at night with my lady friend, and having me who's played it guiding her who hasn't has proven successful.

@wemibelec90: I feel the same way, but you never know whom you might speak to :-)

@Yi_Orange: that's a really clever idea.

@sarge1445: I agree, even Wolfenstein at 20 hours starts feeling draining.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By frymillstrum

It actually takes a lot of talent and entertainment ability to do something like an ER and make it truly great, like the VJ Endurance Runs. I'd like to think I could be funny enough to do a great ER with someone but I'm either too negative to try or too realistic to believe that I could ever actually be entertaining. Maybe those are just two sides of the same pessimistic ideology...

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple friends and I have talked at length before about doing some kind of Let's Play or podcast, but have never really followed through. I think it would be really hard to be and stay interesting or funny, but it would be fun to try.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

What do you use to record on PS4 by the way? Isn't the build in record time like 15 or 30 minutes?

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've actually done a few videos with some buds and I can say it's a lot harder to do than it seems. Still, the videos might have been a bit shit in the end, but it was a lot of fun to record. I've always thought about giving it another go, but it takes a lot of time to do even a single video. Might be easier on the PS4 I guess, but it'd still require a bunch of prep work.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I don't have a voice suitable for Lettuce Plays, among other things. It could happen, but I'm not in any hurry.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi

Quick tip here, don't do new games just to catch views, you will have a much better time and produce a much higher quality playthrough if it's an older game you know a lot about. A blind playthrough requires a lot of charisma to carry, or a lot of drunk friends (Freelance Astronauts, Pokecapn Posse). Don't do facecam either, it's dumb and no one cares.

I've tried my hand at it once during Community ER 3, played 10 hours of Disgaea, but forgot to highlight it so it's gone like tears in the rain.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Work on your instant humor abilities.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a thing a couple of times.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted to try it, but I don't really think I have the confidence to do so. I'm definitely gonna try my hand at streaming some stuff during Extra Life this year though. Gonna get me and a few friends (some who know a lot about games and some who know nothing) in my dorm room and try it out. Who knows? Maybe it will go well and I'll do other stuff, but I doubt it.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bboymaestro

I would not mind doing an ER when Persona 5 comes out. Be nice to have a Persona game I haven't played 3 times straight, make it real fresh.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can mine be of 300 hours of Civ V games with just heavy breathing as the audio?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#19 riostarwind  Moderator

I did a extra life stream last year but I don't feel like it was that interesting to just watch me play something. Having someone else around to keep a conversation going most of the time seems vital. Going solo just leads to a lot of dead air sometimes unless you keep at it.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have done plenty of let's plays and I will be honest. Having a partner (preferably a good friend) helps immensely. Without one be ready to always have some crazy thing to say, thoughts about everything, narrate what you are clearly doing on screen, and or pull some crazy video edits for humors sake to keep viewers chugging along.