• 55 results
#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

The greatest TV show of all time is coming back. Whose Line Is It Anyway is coming back for a Summer run this year on CW. It is going to be hosted by Aisha Tyler. Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, and Wayne Brady will be back as well. I am so excited for this to come back.

Who else is ready?

Link

#2 Edited by TehJedicake (884 posts) -

Can't wait. My second favorite tv show of all time :D!

#3 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11641 posts) -

Well this is fantastic news for everyone.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Yay! I know they won't but I wish they moved it to late night and let them do adult comedy and not be limited to PG talk. They can still get pretty raunchy by implying stuff, but it's always with a wink and a nod.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

This is great news. I've actually met Ryan Stiles in Bellingham, Washington (where he lives apparently) when I was there visiting a friend. He's a really nice guy.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

Wuhaa-oh, you meant the US version... Oh OK it's still pretty good, but even when I put aside my national bias, I think the original UK version is much better. Wittier host (Clive Anderson had an especially good back-and-forth with Greg Poops), a more diverse selection of comedians, and the audience doesn't lose their shit every 5 seconds.

#7 Edited by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

I love some good improv comedy. Whose Line will always have a special place in my heart, so I'm glad to hear it is returning. The choice of host has me scratching my head a little though. Why did they choose Aisha Tyler?

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Man, I use to be really into this show. Then one day I stopped and thought, "damn, this is some stupid shit." Then that was that.

#9 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

That's awesome

#10 Edited by TehJedicake (884 posts) -

I love some good improv comedy. Whose Line will always have a special place in my heart, so I'm glad to hear it is returning. The choice of host has me scratching my head a little though. Why did they choose Aisha Tyler?

That's what I'm wondering

#11 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@subjugation said:

They heard about her raging girl boner at the E3 event last year and thought it would be a perfect fit. I'm fine with her as host to be honest. I really didn't like Drew so I'm glad they got someone else. Time will tell.

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Oh god, I love me some Whose Line.

#13 Edited by TehJedicake (884 posts) -

Damn it, now I'm just watching a crapton of whose line clips.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Me too. This is the first one I found and it's pretty dam good.

#15 Edited by Dalai (7019 posts) -

All of this news makes me smile except for the Aisha Tyler part, but she might surprise me.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

This is great, if y'all didn't know they did a show that was basically whose line on the game show network (drew carey's improv-a-ganza) which stopped because they got shit all for ratings. That was pretty funny... I even went to one, and it was weird seeing them liveeeeee

#17 Posted by Sanity (1901 posts) -

Love that show, dont know if a reboot will live up to the original though.

#18 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

Love that show, dont know if a reboot will live up to the original though.

those guys are just as funny now as they were then (last I saw them live was 2 years ago or somethin), it'll only not live up to the original if you have rose tinted glasses for it.

#19 Posted by Ezakael (935 posts) -

I remember watching this show all the time. Can't wait to start watching it again.

#20 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3671 posts) -

@tehjedicake said:
@subjugation said:

They heard about her raging girl boner at the E3 event last year and thought it would be a perfect fit. I'm fine with her as host to be honest. I really didn't like Drew so I'm glad they got someone else. Time will tell.

I'm not one of those guys who says that women can't be funny when it comes to stand up comedy, but if you have Netflix, go watch her special. I think it's called Aisha Tyler is Lit, or something like that. Just did not make me laugh. Made it through about 20 minutes. She's freaking awesome on Archer, though.

#21 Posted by Milkman (16683 posts) -

Whose Line Is It Anyway? outtakes are the best way to kill an hour on YouTube. Kind of ruins the show though because a lot of it is way funnier than the actual sketches.

#22 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I liked Whose Line about ten years ago, but... let it die.

#23 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Well this is fantastic news for everyone.

Even people in tribes that have no connection to the modern world?

#24 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Whose Line Is It Anyway? was awesome and hopefully it's still awesome when it comes back. Too bad they couldn't get Drew Carey, but they got those original cast members so cooooooooooooooool

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

Shame that Drew won't return, but I still look forward to it, and hope it fares better than its spinoffs/successors. Some of my hardest fits of laughter were caused by Whose Line.

#26 Edited by rentacop (107 posts) -

Great news. I just hope it gets the exposure it needs to not stumble at the premiere.

@thefreeman: Ya, even if they didn't get Drew back at least it wasn't some half assed attempt where they essentially bribed one member of the original cast to rejoin like is seen with many other shows/movies.

#27 Posted by Pazy (2563 posts) -

That sounds awesome! Im a big fan of Whose Line, UK and UK, and since its the same dudes I love stufff like Drew Cary's Improviganza.

#28 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Huzzah! I love this show ! Richard Simmons and Robin Williams was the best episodes!

#29 Posted by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -

Can't say no to more WLIIA! But I do fear that with the addition of today's TV taste and style, something might be lost in translation.

#30 Edited by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

My body is ready.

EDIT: This was my 1000th post? Huh.

#31 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1959 posts) -

Oh man, this is awesome! This sketch has stuck with me since I was a kid. Stick around for the ending, it's great.

#32 Posted by Ghostiet (5251 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Wuhaa-oh, you meant the US version... Oh OK it's still pretty good, but even when I put aside my national bias, I think the original UK version is much better. Wittier host (Clive Anderson had an especially good back-and-forth with Greg Poops), a more diverse selection of comedians, and the audience doesn't lose their shit every 5 seconds.

I dunno about Anderson - why he was definitely funnier than Carey, I remember him being much more strict with the buzzer. Carey also had some great chemistry with the core trio. Also, I loved how he regularly lost his shit at the censors.

#33 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

The wife and I couldn't be more happier. Just made our Saturday!

#34 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (460 posts) -

I'm hyped! Then again, I just hope it still has that magic from back in the day.

#35 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

That's actually pretty cool news, loved it as a kid. UK and US were both great because they shared alot of the comedians.

Love that they are bringing the A-Team back and Aisha Taylor will be a good addition as well , now hoping for a UK reboot hosted by Miranda Hart.

#36 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@milkman: Those bloopers are gold, makes me want a AO version with no censor.

#37 Edited by Andorski (5287 posts) -

They basically tried reviving that series under a new show name before. The whole thing has lost its touch:

#38 Posted by Draxyle (1835 posts) -

Whelp, I just lost a half-hour watching Who's Line clips. That Richard Simmons bit is easily the best six and a half minutes of youtube.

Not entirely sure how I feel about this news though. I don't think there was ever a "bad" episode of the show, but during the last seasons you could see some stretching going on. I don't know how much more they can mine out of the format, especially when they've already tried to do that once, but I'd love to see them prove me wrong.

#39 Posted by Sanity (1901 posts) -

I think it would help if the show was rated MA, they always had issues with trying to dance around obvious mature themes.

#40 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Aww, I thought you were talking about the original, but this is good news anyway.

#41 Posted by Ghostiet (5251 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

I think it would help if the show was rated MA, they always had issues with trying to dance around obvious mature themes.

Eh, I still remember what a joy they had when they did a game where they had to use the word "icehole". My biggest problem was the censor intervening with stuff like "Blind Joe" or "Cross-dressing Man". But it still was fun to watch Carey lose his shit in the studio after they told them to can a "Bill Cosby & Hitler" sketch.

#42 Posted by Aegon (5544 posts) -

@tehjedicake said:

Me too. This is the first one I found and it's pretty dam good.

Man, I remember Richard Simmons from when I was a kid. Is he really not a character? He's an actual person?

#43 Posted by Orange (206 posts) -

Can't wait. If it fails, at least we'll still have all of the YouTube clips from the last run.

#44 Edited by Ares42 (2625 posts) -

Absolutely love the show, but as @andorski said the improv-a-ganza doesn't make me very confident about a revive. It might be better with a studio setting and more editing though, gotta remember that what you saw on the show was only the best skits.

#45 Edited by MeatSim (10834 posts) -

Disappointed that Drew Carey won't be back, but they got most of the core improv crew back it looks like so I will watch it.

#46 Posted by Nux (2335 posts) -

Fantastic! I wish Drew Carey was coming back. But this should still be awesome.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@aegon: I think he goes nuts and hypes up the character people know him as when the cameras are around, but every time I seen him in non comedy stuff some of that hyperactive persona still seeps out. Say what you will but he always seemed like a really nice guy.

#48 Posted by crystal_maze (4 posts) -

This is one funny show. Really hope they do more skits like these. Better than all the reality crap I've been seeing recently.

#49 Edited by papercut (3475 posts) -
#50 Edited by StarvingGamer (8156 posts) -

I just want Greg Proops