banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By banishedsoul1
No Caption Provided

One thing i have always loved ever since i was a kid is zombies. They are some of the most cult like monsters out there with huge fan bases. But what really is so great about them?

To me its really the worst thing that could happen. It would take over the whole world and who ever is left has to hide from being eaten by their own family. These are not just random monsters you have to kill, but your own friends, wife,brother and so on.

I like undead zombies better as they are much harder to kill. Infected zombies can be killed but starving or a bullet to any major vain in the body. Undead can walk around with their arms chopped off and guts hanging out and feel no pain. they only go down if shot in the head. while you can kill an infected by shooting them anywhere.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By banishedsoul1
No Caption Provided

One thing i have always loved ever since i was a kid is zombies. They are some of the most cult like monsters out there with huge fan bases. But what really is so great about them?

To me its really the worst thing that could happen. It would take over the whole world and who ever is left has to hide from being eaten by their own family. These are not just random monsters you have to kill, but your own friends, wife,brother and so on.

I like undead zombies better as they are much harder to kill. Infected zombies can be killed but starving or a bullet to any major vain in the body. Undead can walk around with their arms chopped off and guts hanging out and feel no pain. they only go down if shot in the head. while you can kill an infected by shooting them anywhere.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gargantuan

Meh, you'll just have to wait for the winter to beat zombies, or for them to rot to pieces.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By YI_Orange

I think it's far from the worst thing that could happen since a real zombie outbreak would be shut down pretty easily.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

Its so much zombie games to come out its unreal. At this point I'm just tired of zombies.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Even the "undead" type that you mentioned wouldn't be difficult to kill or contain. A zombie "outbreak" that consists of shambling undead would be horrifying, sure, but the zombies in question would rot and fall apart long before the whole world was completely overrun with zombies.

Anyway, as far as video games and entertainment goes, the concept is getting tired. I'm not going to completely write the genre off but there doesn't seem to be much more they could do with the concept. They've done serious, they've done funny, they've done over-the-top, that means it's time to stop, and I totally did not mean for that to rhyme but it did that time.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JasonR86

They're not. There's only a few pieces of media I care for that have zombies in them and my appreciation of them has very little to do with the zombies themselves.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I used to really look forward to the day that zombies would be regarded with a survival horror kinda perspective but since we've already reached that point in several of different instances of media I feel like I've had my fill.

They're still cool, but I feel like they're starting to get beat like dead horses. Makes sense, though, considering they are undead...

... Please excuse my bad sense of humor with that analogy.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrpandaman

@believer258 said:

Even the "undead" type that you mentioned wouldn't be difficult to kill or contain. A zombie "outbreak" that consists of shambling undead would be horrifying, sure, but the zombies in question would rot and fall apart long before the whole world was completely overrun with zombies.

Anyway, as far as video games and entertainment goes, the concept is getting tired. I'm not going to completely write the genre off but there doesn't seem to be much more they could do with the concept. They've done serious, they've done funny, they've done over-the-top, that means it's time to stop, and I totally did not mean for that to rhyme but it did that time.

I think DayZ has done it quite well for the zombie game genre, being a mod and all. It's more survival based and players having to be worrying about other players and zombies being the more secondary antagonist to the player.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@Gargantuan said:

Meh, you'll just have to wait for the winter to beat zombies, or for them to rot to pieces.

Tell that to Game of Thrones.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastNinja

Much like pirates, because they aaargh!?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm just kinda bored of zombies. Deadites, now that's something I can get behind.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

I love zombies too. I can't get tired of them and the creepy atmosphere that surrounds them in horror games.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By lazyturtle

@YI_Orange: I think that would depend on the scenario. I mean look how long it took to get polio under control. I I don't think its the worse thing that could happen either, since people could secure areas from people quite easily, but it'd be bad news.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By avidwriter

Zombies are the thing right now, that's why. It'll blow over and go back into it's little niche soon.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By banishedsoul1

@GenocidalKitten: there is nothing natural about zombies so i don't think you can put science logic on it.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ghost_cat

Maybe at a time when it wasn't such cultural phenomenon, but now they just exist as a device for different mediums rather than a threatening idea. Few things give me the willies these days, but I have been digging into the SCP universe.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19  Edited By Sin4profit

@GenocidalKitten: @banishedsoul1:

If we're getting scientific about it i think the majority of dead bodies would atrophy beyond mobility so only fresh dead could walk the earth.

The more interesting zombie fiction to me is the "living flesh" zombie...for example, a zombie who's hand still lives and moves when it is cut off and would more likely relate to infectious and intelligent living organisms nourishing and manipulating the muscle to animate the flesh of it's victims. I'd like to see that zombie featured in more games.

When it comes to horror writing i always picture the writers coming from the perspective of the monsters, in zombies there seems to be a cynical perspective on what humanity really wants to be, indulgent with no sense of repercussions. We all want to be a part of the mass crowd that consumes for eternity with no real responsibility.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By jonnyboy

Zombies know how to party. Fact.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jmfinamore

Zombies are the new ninjas are the new Batman. Pop culture!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Zombies are a boring enemy to fight in many games and the setting is overdone now. I like some zombie fiction, but most of it I have no interest in.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kgb0515

I'm starting to think that zombies are dead for me, and I don't mean ironically. I was excited about DayZ for a while, and then The War Z peaked my interest, but when zombies become nothing more than an obstacle that you have to traverse in order to get enough loot to murder other players, there's no longer any point to having zombies. I mean, my friends and I aren't teaming up to kill zombies. Dead Island, on the other hand. Now that was a different story, but there's really no ultra realistic survival aspect. Maybe the stand alone DayZ will get it right in the end?