• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mageman (351 posts) -

Is there any reason at all that your country is so keen on automatic ? I don't want to troll and say it's because collectively the Americans are fucking retarded and can't even learn to drive a proper car, but why would you deliberately chose something which uses more fuel and is a lot less efficient. I mean imagine going up a hill and the car having it's fucking own stupid brain fuck I would shoot someone.

#2 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Don't you ever get tired?

#3 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Dr. Manual transmission - FOR MEN ONLY

#4 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1728 posts) -

Yeh, I never understood that. Manual is more fun, too. 

#5 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I know what is fun: shitting on people!

#6 Posted by RazielCuts (2961 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

#7 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

God help us that genius' out there invent stuff that makes our life easier! I drive a stick myself, mainly because it was my first car and I don't want to switch, but caring what people drive is equal to having a stick up your ass.

#8 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Its funny, anyone I've ever met who drives a stick thinks they are an amazing driver. They usually aren't.

#9 Posted by Mageman (351 posts) -

@amomjc said:

God help us that genius' out there invent stuff that makes our life easier! I drive a stick myself, mainly because it was my first car and I don't want to switch, but caring what people drive is equal to having a stick up your ass.

I just want to know the benefits of it and compare them with all the downsides of it.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -
@RazielCuts said:

@ZeForgotten said:

#11 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Because I don't need to constantly play with a phallic object when I drive to feel good about myself, hur hur hur.... or whatever.

Last I checked, cars with automatic transmission are still "proper cars"...? Next people are gonna ask, "What's with people driving cars that have automatic windows? Personally, I only drive cars with manual ones that you have to turn the the handle on the door to open and close, cause I'm not a pussy!" Hell, why stop there? Why not wonder why people don't drive cars started by turning a hand-crank at the front of the car anymore? Those were the real days of manly men! None of this automated bullshit that we've all grown accustomed to. People are soft now! With their latte-sized cupholders and their automatic transmission and their iPod docks.

(Seriously though, who fucking cares?)

#12 Posted by mlarrabee (2971 posts) -
#13 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@PixelPrinny said:

Because I don't need to constantly play with a phallic object when I drive to feel good about myself, hur hur hur.... or whatever.

But if one did feel the need to play with a phallic object while driving his car one could do that easier if he had an automatic.. hur hur hur
#14 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

@Mageman said:

@amomjc said:

I just want to know the benefits of it and compare them with all the downsides of it.

It's fucking practical for one.

#15 Posted by Trilogy (2657 posts) -

Why does everyone seem to care what we do as a nation?

#16 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Why do Magemen make such shitty threads ?

#17 Posted by Saethir (353 posts) -

An automatic makes it easier for me to get that sweet road head.

Also, I drive to get from one place to another, not "to drive" and my car gets about 26 mpg so it's not exactly a gas guzzling elephant.

The bigger question here is why do you have so much hate inside of you? Your head would probably explode if you saw a guy with long hair driving an automatic wouldn't you?

#18 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -
You know you're jealous   
#19 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

How many trollish, dumbshit threads does someone have to create before their ass gets banned?

#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
@RazielCuts said:

@ZeForgotten said:

#21 Posted by GrandMarshal (389 posts) -

Manual is effort so why bother?

#22 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -

Driving is for losers. Real men have chauffeurs.

#23 Edited by Veektarius (4872 posts) -

First off, the mileage on automatics is no longer significantly worse than that on manuals. Second, not all machines are made with a manual transmission (mine isn't). Third, driving in gridlock is a pain in the ass with a clutch.

#24 Posted by Shirogane (3578 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Driving is for losers. Real men have chauffeurs.

What? Hell no, REAL mean have hoverbikes. Or they just fly like Goku/Superman. There's nobody as manly as those two.

#25 Posted by masternater27 (918 posts) -

For most people here driving is not something we do for fun, it's a necessity. People routinely drive 30 miles (48ish km) or more a day to get to work or school. I do about 11k (18kish km) a year between work and school alone. Automatic transmissions are less expensive to replace and break down less often. It's more cost effective for us, and the mileage loss is negligible if you look at modern cars.

Plus how am I supposed to smoke a cig, text, eat some fast food, and fiddle with my mp3 player while driving with a stick? Ridiculous!

#26 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -
@masternater27 said:

Automatic transmissions are less expensive to replace and break down less often.

Any proof for that?
#27 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

@Mageman: Why do you ask so many stupid questions in a manner that you know will offend people? Get a hobby.

#28 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Because it's easier.

#29 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

First off, the mileage on automatics is no longer significantly worse than that on manuals. Second, not all machines are made with a manual transmission (mine isn't). Third, driving in gridlock is a pain in the ass with a clutch.

This is true. I drive a 2011 Ford Fiesta which gets about four miles more in MPG as a Dual-Clutch Automatic than it would as a Manual Transmission. I know how to drive a stickshift, but I just find it better to just put it in Drive and just go.

#30 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2722 posts) -
@McGhee said:

How many trollish, dumbshit threads does someone have to create before their ass gets banned?

#31 Posted by spazmaster666 (1968 posts) -

Yes, manual transmission is obviously the way to go since we're moving toward a future where our devices are less and less automated right? Oh wait . . . <_<

#32 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -
@Mageman

@amomjc said:

It's a Hell of a lot easier for heavy city traffic and creep and beep highway backups.

Personally I can drive a stick but its easier to drive automatic because I have one leg
#33 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
@McGhee said:

Definitely this.
#34 Posted by Insectecutor (1187 posts) -

I drive a stick shift because I want to be able to drive any car. If I only drove automatic I wouldn't be able to use a stick, or would be so out of practice I'd fuck the car up.

#35 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I personally prefer to drive stick because it makes me feel more in control of the car. Just personal preference.

#36 Posted by Mageman (351 posts) -

@babblinmule said:

I personally prefer to drive stick because it makes me feel more in control of the car. Just personal preference.

That's the point, people would gladly give up control of the car, and pay higher prices for fuel for what ? Not to mention that driving automatic also makes you pay less attention which also likely causes an extra traffic accident or two. @spazmaster666 said:

Yes, manual transmission is obviously the way to go since we're moving toward a future where our devices are less and less automated right? Oh wait . . . <_<

There is a limit to how much a device should be automated. Many people take driving cars for granted but there are still a fuckton of traffic accidents out there.

#37 Posted by TooWalrus (13219 posts) -
@McGhee

I'm American, I drive a manual transmission Civic.

Also, fuck off.

#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13219 posts) -
@McGhee I meant him, bot you- the moble site can be weird sometimes...
#39 Posted by Bollard (5599 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

You know you're jealous

Dude your bonnet has fallen off, you might wanna go find it.

#40 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@TheVeteran13 said:

You know you're jealous

Dude your bonnet has fallen off, you might wanna go find it.

What ever kind of abomination that is, please crush it. Unless your a women, then its cool. But even then you'd better be the sexist and smartest women I know to get away with driving that thing.

#41 Posted by TzarStefan (428 posts) -

Depends on the car tbh. I drive a c63 and it's automatic, i can't imagine that car to be manual.

#42 Posted by nemt (862 posts) -

I dunno, why do Europeans insist on pointing out 'flaws' with automatic transmissions that haven't been an issue since the 1980s?

#43 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

because i don't want to have to deal with shifting all the time

#44 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@McGhee said:

I think we need to take this question to Mr. Owl.

#45 Posted by CrazyBagMan (843 posts) -

While I agree with the point of manual being better. I think TC should really try to be less of a douche when asking questions, but maybe that how people outside of america are.

See what I did there?

#46 Posted by Jimbo (9820 posts) -

Do you need to take a real driving test to drive a manual in the US, or can you pass in an automatic and still drive a manual?

#47 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -

Less than 10% of cars sold here have manual transmissions. Also it is a distraction while driving and we don't need another one of those.

#48 Posted by Delta_Ass (3280 posts) -

0/10, sir.

#49 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

There have been some real shitty threads made recently, and they seem to all be made the same few people.

#50 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -
@TheVeteran13: sick car dog