#1 Posted by Invinctus (23 posts) -

Personally I think there is some cosmic force causing them to interrupt and talk all the way through cut scenes in games.  Ath the one point where I can't pause it...
#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You know what rules about Red Dead Redemption? You can pause the cutscenes. The future is AMAZING.

#3 Posted by Vonocourt (2130 posts) -

Why being able to pause cutscenes hasn't become a standard is beyond me.

#4 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Xbox 360 guide button pauses, right?

#5 Posted by BattleShinobi (78 posts) -

hahaha Or the phone rings. Or someone knocks at the door. Not being able to pause a cut scene is torture in real life! Like the devs forget that people who play the games have a life too.

#6 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Just keep masking tape handy.

#7 Posted by TheHT (11284 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" You know what rules about Red Dead Redemption? You can pause the cutscenes. The future is AMAZING. "
Yeah that's pretty handy. Like, UNBELIEVABLY handy.
#8 Posted by alittlefroma (26 posts) -

do what i do. hit her.

#9 Edited by zonerover (584 posts) -
@Invinctus: In response to your disliking of talking through cutscenes...

@TheGreatGuero

said:

" You know what rules about Red Dead Redemption? You can pause the cutscenes. The future is AMAZING. "

I think that while games either have pausable cutscenes or non-pausable cutscenes, I tend to assume that games have the former. The difference between games and other mediums is the interactivity, and while your deep in playing the game, I would argue that's probably not a good time to talk. If you want evidence of this, check out some of the Giant Bomb team (or Brad) during quick looks - its really distracting. If there's a significant moment happening in a cutscene vs a quiet period in gameplay than of course I'll stay quiet, but I'd prefer people in general to talk to me in the cutscenes, especially if they are of little value to me.
#10 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@alittlefroma said:
" do what i do. hit her. "
Correct!
#11 Posted by Invinctus (23 posts) -

I always fear trying to pause a cutscene because often that will skip the cutscene...
#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11029 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" Xbox 360 guide button pauses, right? "
Doesn't work for all games. Deadly Premonition just keeps on rolling. 
#13 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -
@Invinctus said:
" I always fear trying to pause a cutscene because often that will skip the cutscene... "
Agreed, I tend to try this towards the start of the game just so I know whether I have to shoo people off when they interrupt or I can pause.
#14 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Tell them to stfu for a minute.

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" @alittlefroma said:
" do what i do. hit her. "
Correct! "
hahahaha xD 

It sure does suck! good thing i dont have a girlfriend. 
#16 Posted by Brodehouse (9951 posts) -

Is your partner a gamer?  Because for most people who aren't, they don't see you experiencing the twists and turns of a cowboy epic, they think its no different than matching colored blocks.  As far as they're concerned, there's no reason you need to be paying attention.

#17 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@alittlefroma:  Well the bitch outta know right?
#18 Posted by KevinTheDeviant (101 posts) -

I know exactly what you mean. I get calls from my friend while she's driving, so it's silent when she's concentrating on the road, then usually the moment when I get to a cutscene, she'll begin speaking loudly enough to be heard over the wind outside her car and the blaring radio in front of her. No cutscene for the Kevmeister.

#19 Posted by TempleOfLight (10 posts) -

At least your partner waits for cut-scenes.. mine is happy to strike up a conversation at any time no matter how much I'm screaming at the TV. Her favorite time is when a movie or TV show is about to do the big reveal and everything goes silent for half a second.... except her..

#20 Posted by alittlefroma (26 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  i dont either now. i just couldnt stop hitting her, as HARD as i could for as LONG as i could. frankly all the hitting wore me out.
#21 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
most game do pause if you hit the guide,but some game will continue the cutscene and pause when 'gameplay' starts
#22 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Tricks and hoes.

#23 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
Yes. So does the Wii home button. So basically if this is a problem for anyone they don't know what they're doing.