Why do people hate TIm and Eric so much?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Where_Am_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Where_Am_I

Ok, so here's what I gathered from this thread. It's a totally polar show, and most people hate it because it makes them feel weird and makes them feel 
uncomfortable. Then again, I think almost every comedy show out there today is stupid except for a selected few, maybe that's why I like it so much?
I don't find family guy funny, I don't find south park funny anymore because of TIm and Eric.... They push what people are uncomfortable with... and I have to respect them for that. This is the type of clip that makes me love the show

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By FritzDude
The only Tim i know of is this guy. 

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By B0nd07

Tom Goes to the Mayor was OK.  Not the best or worst thing Adult Swim had on at the time.  Awesome Show, on the other hand, is very hit and miss for me.  Their Old Spice commercials are pretty good though.

Where_Am_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Where_Am_I
@FritzDude said:
"

"
Stupid response.
Where_Am_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Where_Am_I
@Vinchenzo said:

" @jakob187 said:

" Tim and Eric is probably one of the most retarded shows to ever be aired.  The video you posted?  I didn't laugh once.  It's fucking stupid.  Putting random dumb shit together in the same piece does not automatically equal comedy, and I fail to understand how people find anything about Tim and Eric funny.  Fuck, Two and a Half Men is funnier than Tim and Eric, and that's a fucking travesty! "
I agree Jakob. On the topic of Two and a Half Men... dear lord is that terrible as well. Fuck. 

Anyway, I hate Tim and Eric because I like actual comedy. You know, funny stuff. Case in point: 

Also I know a lot of people love the UK version, so I acknowledge that as well. I've just seen a lot more of the American version because I'm in America of course. "
That was not funny, didn't laugh once.
FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FritzDude
@Where_Am_I said:
"@FritzDude said:
"                     

"
Stupid response.

"

What? for being honest? I dont know who Tim and Eric is and because of this thread i will investigate it... I probably should before commenting, but i'm just beeing honest here, and if you dont like it then just ignore my post.
RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By RobertOrri
@jakob187 said:
" Tim and Eric is probably one of the most retarded shows to ever be aired.  The video you posted?  I didn't laugh once.  It's fucking stupid.  Putting random dumb shit together in the same piece does not automatically equal comedy, and I fail to understand how people find anything about Tim and Eric funny.  Fuck, Two and a Half Men is funnier than Tim and Eric, and that's a fucking travesty! "
Lighten up a little.
Neuronyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Neuronyx

@Where_Am_I said:

Ok, so here's what I gathered from this thread. It's a totally polar show, and most people hate it because it makes them feel weird and makes them feel
uncomfortable. Then again, I think almost every comedy show out there today is stupid except for a selected few, maybe that's why I like it so much?
I don't find family guy funny, I don't find south park funny anymore because of TIm and Eric.... They push what people are uncomfortable with... and I have to respect them for that. This is the type of clip that makes me love the show

You are the worst part of this show. The fan who takes any opportunity to stroke his own ego with a holier than thou attitude because someone doesn't find his bland sense of humor entertaining.

Of course like clockwork, you attack someone's intelligence because of how threatened you felt. The show relies on nothing but awkwardness and exaggerated sound effects. And oh look! They use eighties and early nineties film and filters! Ha ha, that's hilarious because we used those!

Get over yourself.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Claude

When Tim and Eric come on I flip the channel to Storage Wars, Forensic Files, Swamp People or anything other than that show. Hell, I would rather watch an infomercial.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By eugenesaxe

They're just not funny. None of the shows they've worked on has had one laugh in it. People don't "get it" because there's nothing to get.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@GlenTennis said:
@Bones8677 said:
" Yeah I just don't get it.   It's nothing more than non sequitur humor, random and absurd. It's childish. Unless you're under 14 and/or high there's nothing of any substance Tim and Eric provides. "
I'm neither of those things and I enjoy the show very much. I understand why people don't like the show, but generalizations like that make no sense. Different people of all ages, races, sexes, ect have different tastes. Also if you watched the show, you'd see that there's a lot of content making fun of the stoner culture.
Same here.  I actually love the show, especially Dr. Steve Brule (PRIZZA! foryourheatlh) but I have to say that the movie didn't grab me at all. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't hate it, I just don't think it's funny.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#64  Edited By Kidavenger

Good job on bumping an ancient thread guy...

I like Tim and Eric specifically because they are doing something different, I have also liked Monty Python, Kids in the Hall, Ren and Stimpy, South Park, Sealab, Mega 64, Zach Galifianakis, Maria Bamford, etc. for the same reason; and the thought that there is crazier stuff out there that I haven't even found yet just puts a big smile on my face.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By BonOrbitz

I love Tim and Eric because of how fucked up and "unorthodox" the humor is... Especially when yer in the right frame of mind. Here's one my favorite videos of theirs:

DanielComfort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DanielComfort

It definitely gives me an uncomfortable feeling. I have gotten a chuckle from a spare skit or two, but other than that it's simply not my brand of comedy.

That said, I haven't invested a whole lot of time into the show, other than a few episodes from... I think the first season? Is it something that I'll get by watching some more recent episodes, or did they have their tone down from the start?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kidavenger

@DanielComfort: The style is pretty much the same from the first episode of season 1 through the end of season 5, they do tend to revisit popular characters, so the further in you get, the more "in jokey" it can get; like the episode about the Spaget movie would make less sense if you hadn't seen the earlier Spaget sketches.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By N7

People are jealous of them, that's why. There's no other feasible reason to dislike Tim and Eric.

Their success has rivaled that of titans themselves and people wonder why they don't like Tim and Eric. Do you know why you don't like Tim and Eric? Take a look in the mirror.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By landon

I was about to make a serious comment, but then I saw that this thread is a year old.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mordukai

@Meltbrain said:

How can people not love Tim & Eric? If they don't like that, I've got fuuuuuuuuudge.

That's not how you throw F-bombs meatwad.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mirado

@Vinchenzo: Whose Line is so intensely, impossibly funny that I almost think it's unfair to use as a judge. I've laughed myself to tears more times then I can count.

I must have seen this clip at least thirty times, and it never loses it's punch. To me, T&E feels like a show that's trying to get non-sequitur improv style humor out of a skit based show, and it just doesn't do it for me. It always seems like they're reaching for the kind of jokes/humor that a show like WLIIA seems to generate naturally.

EDIT: Haha, just noticed the date on the post I replied too. Who the hell dug up a year old thread?

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Arker101

It's not funny, but me and my friends agree that it would be if you'r incredibly high.

Venture Bros. is far more hilarious.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By jakob187

I don't like Tim and Eric because I don't laugh at their idiotic bullshit. It's not funny. It's stupidity trying to mask their ability to not be funny.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By Giantstalker

@Arker101 said:

It's not funny, but me and my friends agree that it would be if you'r incredibly high.

I used to love that show, but when they started getting deeper into some kind of storyline (around season 2-3) I definitely started enjoying it less. Archer, however, is a pretty consistently funny cartoon.

95% of Tim and Eric is nothing less than regrettable, but the remaining 5%... oh man, that 5%...

It almost makes it worth the hassle. I'm at a loss to even explain why. Still, I'd have a hard time saying I'm a 'fan' of the show or whatever.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShaggE

I'm a big fan, but even if I weren't, I'd find the sheer vitriol aimed at T&E and their fans to be utterly baffling. It's not like they're big enough to be unavoidable, and their show is less than 15 minutes long, so why do people get so worked up and angry whenever somebody mentions them?

I have my suspicions that Jeff is a fan, incidentally, since he's made reference to them a number of times before... I wonder if the super-angry T&E haters would leave GB over this?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kidavenger

@ShaggE: He talked about B$M on the last Jar time video.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By uniform

Tim & Eric sketches can be very hit and miss for me, much like SNL. Mr. Show is more what I would consider sketch comedy perfection. While I do like the Awesome Show, Great Job!, I couldn't get into this new movie of theirs.

Edit - Some of my favorite sketches by them don't even feature them (Tim & Eric). Fortin' with Will and Quilting with Will are glorious.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShaggE

@Kidavenger said:

@ShaggE: He talked about B$M on the last Jar time video.

Ooh, I'll have to watch that.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By GreggD

@Arker101 said:

Fuck. YES.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@eugenesaxe said:

They're just not funny. None of the shows they've worked on has had one laugh in it. People don't "get it" because there's nothing to get.

Yeah, you don't get it. It's not your type of humor, and that's fine, but don't bash the duo.

yokunakatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By yokunakatta

People don't seem to understand how intricate their humor is. It seems like people are quick to dismiss it as random or immature, but it seems like those people never really give it a chance and watch it wanting to hate it. Not saying it's for everybody, but it's a lot more clever than its critics give it credit for. There's two things for sure right now: there's no squirrels in sight, and I'm definitely gonna get frostbite.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#83  Edited By frankxiv

i liked tom goes to the mayor but i never really got into tim & eric stuff. some of their sketches people have linked me are funny, but when i've tried to watch it on my own it just comes off as trying too hard to be awkward and non sequitur.

maybe i just caught bad skits/episodes or something, but i just gave up trying to pan through the shit to find the gold nuggets.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i had heard of but never seen anything by these guys prior to reading this inexplicably resurrected thread. not sure what the original poster was talking about by saying 'why do people hate...". very few have expressed disdain here, and i don't know anyone who has ever said that they hate it. like me (after doing some research into the show), though, many have expressed indifference and described the show/skits as lacking in any sort of humor. i find it interesting that people bring up the 'too extreme, too unorthodox, too discomforting for people to understand" argument. i find it even more interesting that the only people who ever bring that up are people who express fondness for the show and find it necessary to legitimize said fondness. the reason people don't particularly like it is because it isn't funny, not because it is unorthodox or discomforting.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Where's my Chippy?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By fattony12000

Some people just don't get comedy like this either.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tunaburn

i dont hate them. im excited to go see thier new movie in theaters saturday night

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus. Again with the necros? It's sad seeing all these old names one used to see regularly and think they're all back.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#91  Edited By mike

@hero_swe said:

Jesus. Again with the necros? It's sad seeing all these old names one used to see regularly and think they're all back.

It happens because Giant Bomb's SEO is too good. Instead of complaining about it, maybe you can help us out by flagging the posts or sending a PM to all mods using the link found in the right hand column of the forums and we'll take care of it right away.