• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RazielCuts (2719 posts) -

American Football is just the most slow and boring sport there is. Tennis is even more exciting. With American Football or "football" as you like to call it, you're watching people run around on an enormous field of plain grass for hours just throwing the ball to each other wearing sissy protective clothing, and finally after maybe after minutes you might get lucky and watch a touchdown being scored. The announcers even have to mask how boring the sport is by shouting "TOOOUCHDOWNNNN!" and holding the word for a whole minute to try and make it like some exciting thing since absolutely nothing else ever happens in a game of American Football, except for maybe the occasional instance where an American Football player starts crying because he got kicked in the shin.

Also, you can throw the ball forward just seems unfair because you can determine who wins by a random throw that has no relevance to the rest of the game. Talk about cheap. It's also the only sport there is where you can turn on the TV and not have any clue which direction the teams are supposed to go in.

And also - tie games. Who wants to watch a sport where there is no winner? Not real competitors, that's for sure.

To those who actually like to watch American Football, can you explain why your sport isn't awful? Why can't America get with the rest of the world's program and pick up Football (Soccer)?

#2 Posted by spudtastic (542 posts) -

You seem confused. You truly won't score friends with this post.

#3 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

A bit late, or maybe you just saw the post about Soccer and raged.

:P

#4 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Wouldn't mind some proper discussion about this. Oh well. Third time's the charm?

#5 Posted by TheHBK (5411 posts) -

Is this a troll post or something? Seems like all the stuff you said could be said about Soccer... I love soccer too but you wanna talk about games ending in a tie...

#6 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

Because people like sports. It has appeal and small minute details that you really have to watch to appreciate. It is something that a lot of people like too, so you build a bond with people that like the same team and a great social medium. It is a reflection of cultural identity and valves, it is not just about the sport itself, its the whole thang.

This response can be used for all sports.

#7 Posted by LTSmash (561 posts) -

What I really want is to find out what people think about bread.

And potatoes.

#8 Posted by Patman99 (1545 posts) -

First of all professional contact football does not have ties (only in really extreme cases). Also, bad troll is bad.

#9 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I'm not a fan of American Football: But the assumptions and language in that post is hilarious. 

SISSY PROTECTIVE CLOTHING I SAY!

#10 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -
#11 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

So you try making fun of a troll thread by starting your own troll thread? Here's what i have to say to you...

#12 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry said:

You mean the one he copied and edited a little to fit another sport? :P
#13 Posted by MechaKirby (181 posts) -

There are so many things wrong here. You're just factually wrong. You're so freaking wrong on everything you said. I'm so mad right now.

#14 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4682 posts) -

OP, I am disappointed. We got enough trolls already, we don't need this shit.

@Still_I_Cry said:

A bit? That thread started yesterday.

#15 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
@RazielCuts said:

The announcers even have to mask how boring the sport is by shouting "TOOOUCHDOWNNNN!" and holding the word for a whole minute to try and make it like some exciting thing since absolutely nothing else ever happens in a game of American Football, except for maybe the occasional instance where an American Football player starts crying because he got kicked in the shin.

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
#16 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Really? Thought it was locked for longer than that.

@ZeForgotten: I ran out of breath trying to read on of the OPs sentences out loud.

#17 Posted by Sackmanjones (4610 posts) -
@MechaKirby said:

There are so many things wrong here. You're just factually wrong. You're so freaking wrong on everything you said. I'm so mad right now.

You do realize he copy and pasted it from the Why do people watch Soccer thread?
#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

You are a part of the problem!

#19 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry: Why on earth would you wanna read them out loud?  
If there are people near you they would think you were insane! :P
#20 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Still_I_Cry: Why on earth would you wanna read them out loud? If there are people near you they would think you were insane! :P

Well there aren't, thanks for reminding me D:

#21 Posted by Captain_Insano (1514 posts) -

@MechaKirby said:

And the troll snares another victim.

#22 Posted by JasonR86 (9381 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

American Football is just the most slow and boring sport there is.

Why should I even try when you start the thread like that? You're mind is made up and nothing anyone will say will change that.

#23 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4682 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry: It was locked a couple hours ago, but it was started yesterday, just as I said. It would have been more effective if he made this thread while the other one was hot.

#24 Posted by IBurningStar (2146 posts) -

Why does anyone like anything?

#25 Posted by MechaKirby (181 posts) -

@Captain_Insano: I know its a troll, I'm still mad

#26 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

I know it's a joke, but really, burn in hell OP.

#27 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

So you try making fun of a troll thread by starting your own troll thread? Here's what i have to say to you...

#28 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Cheerleaders.

#29 Posted by JackSukeru (5819 posts) -

I will eat a cat just to spite you.

#30 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

This would've been relevant & perhaps even topical when that other thread was up 24+ hours ago (which might as well be 8 years ago in internet time).

So, good job, OP.

#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (34656 posts) -

I don't know, man. I have no goddamn clue how that game works.

#32 Posted by cyraxible (680 posts) -

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad.

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5187 posts) -

Guys guys, can we just agree that baseball is the real enemy?

#34 Posted by WMoyer83 (589 posts) -

OP: YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE SISSY BOYS IN HIGH SCHOOL THAT DID NOTHING BUT PLAY VIDEO GAMES

IM SO MAD AT YOU

#35 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I don't know, man. I have no goddamn clue how that game works.

#36 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Can't we just all agree that both soccer and American football are boring sports to watch, and instead embrace the joy that is Rugby League and Rugby Union?

#37 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Can't we just all agree that both soccer and American football are boring sports to watch, and instead embrace the joy that is Rugby League and Rugby Union?

You must be from New Zealand or Australia.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (34656 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures:

Still not clear on how football works outside some basic point mechanics. What do those maps with Xs and Os and all those arrows that sometimes end with Xs mean? What's a kicking defenser? When does the stripey man blow his whistle, and when is that a good thing (is it ever a good thing)?

#39 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Unions are bad k?

#40 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry said:

He saw the post about Soccer and, instead of treating as the silly, childish post it was, he freaked the fuck out and made a retaliation thread. Thumbs up, OP. You're as bad as the other guy now.

#41 Posted by smitty86 (686 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

He saw the post about Soccer and, instead of treating as the silly, childish post it was, he freaked the fuck out and made a retaliation thread. Thumbs up, OP. You're as bad as the other guy now.

#42 Posted by Halos_god (160 posts) -

Is this the alternate account of Living_Monstrosity? Or is it just another troll?

#43 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9793 posts) -

That's the thing with sports, all of them are boring unless you like them. That's true with a lot of things.

#44 Posted by beeryayghost (323 posts) -

Why can't people just accept that some people like some sports and not others? Let me enjoy my baseball, football, and Pro Starcraft 2, guys.

#45 Posted by ShaggE (6000 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Unknown_Pleasures:

Still not clear on how football works outside some basic point mechanics. What do those maps with Xs and Os and all those arrows that sometimes end with Xs mean? What's a kicking defenser? When does the stripey man blow his whistle, and when is that a good thing (is it ever a good thing)?

As far as I can tell, the idea is to get your quarterback to throw the eggball at the members of Nickelback until John Madden has an orgasm and does unspeakable things to birds, at which point The Black Eyed Peas do a funny little dance and sing with Janet Jackson's semi-exposed breast, followed by another hour or two of Chad Kroeger getting beaned with eggballs.

#46 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Xs and Os are the players....Xs represent one teams players and Os represent another teams players.....they are used to design plays and game plans.....The arrows are used to design what "route" the player will be running on the play....the ref blows his whistle to signify that the ball is dead (aka the play is over), this can be a good thing if the team scored a touchdown or a bad thing if there player got tackled behind the line of scrimmage.

However, nothing will make sense until you start watching games.....the best way to learn is to watch and pick up the rules as you go.

#47 Posted by Redbullet685 (5981 posts) -

Because they live inside of the US.

#48 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Unknown_Pleasures:

Still not clear on how football works outside some basic point mechanics. What do those maps with Xs and Os and all those arrows that sometimes end with Xs mean?

"What do those maps with Xs and Os" Hugs and kisses.

"all those arrows that sometimes end with Xs mean"

Strategy for approach leading to a kiss.

#49 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@RazielCuts: That was probably the worst argument for why American football is bad that I've ever read.

#50 Posted by Brendan (7522 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

People may hate Ari Gold, but I love him for the masterful Gif's he hath supplied us with.