• 109 results
#1 Edited by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

I have noticed that Nickelback is pretty much a hated band all across the board. Music lovers, Musicians, and Internet critics in general, all hate the shit out of Nickelback. However, no one really says why, so I ask of you, why do you hate them?

Edit: I am not much of a fan, but I also don't really hate them. I always thought this was hilarious though, Nickelback Plagiarize Themselves.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

They suck but are still popular. This isn't fucking rocket science here.

#3 Posted by mikeeegeee (1575 posts) -

Because Nickelback.

#4 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

There are bands that suck worse and are more popular.

#5 Posted by Toxin066 (3321 posts) -

Because Someday This is How You Remind Me of What I Really Am: A Rockstar with Something in Your Mouth.

#6 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

I don't "hate" them, but they are pretty shitty.

#7 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

@Toxin066 said:

Because Someday This is How You Remind Me of What I Really Am: A Rockstar with Something in Your Mouth.

I'll accept that.

#8 Posted by Sanity (1950 posts) -

I hate them because there lyrics are so simple they sound like a 5th grader wrote them.

#9 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Warning: NSFW and in kind of bad taste

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@kurtdyoung said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

There are bands that suck worse and are more popular.

yeah, but they have a certain special, douchie flavor all of their own

#11 Posted by Dalai (7057 posts) -

Hate is a strong word. I just find them to be the most generic rock band out there.

#12 Posted by Levianth (108 posts) -

I'm from Alberta (Where they originated). It's one of the only things I constantly feel the need to apologize for.

#13 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6309 posts) -

I like a lot of their stuff, they're a big guilty pleasure for me. I know some of their songs are really sappy and some of them seem to try way too hard, (Something in Your Mouth for example) but I can't help but like them. I never gave them a chance until I listened to "Hero" off the Spider-Man soundtrack and I caved in. Chad Kroeger's a douchbag but I like a lot of his music.

#14 Posted by TaccyP (307 posts) -

They are rote, generic, and derivative as hell. They write music for the absolute lowest common denominator. Fucking awful band.

#15 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

I am completely apathetic to Nickelback.

It's just not music that's written for people like me. I'm okay with that.

#16 Posted by CastroCasper (1304 posts) -

@Everyones_A_Critic: I always thought there older, heavier stuff was pretty good. Also at one point they had 4 different songs from one album on 4 different radio stations, which just seems like a massive fanbase which equals massive cash. I thought your last comment was great because I think John Mayer has some good music, (especially the John Mayer Trio) but he is the biggest douche in the world.

#17 Posted by Dimsey (964 posts) -

I don't hate them. I don't think they're great, but I like a few of their songs and wouldn't hold it against anyone for liking them. There are worse bands out there.

#18 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Nickelback you say? F them.

#19 Posted by Intro (1211 posts) -
#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I don't "hate" them, but they are a very very mediocre rock band.

#21 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1138 posts) -

I'm indifferent towards Nickelback. I haven't payed attention to them for a really long time.

#22 Posted by supermike6 (3611 posts) -

Dude, I was thinking about this just the other day. I certainly don't like Nickelback, but I don't really know why everyone hates them so much.

#23 Posted by Nick (683 posts) -

I don't really like their music, but I hate Chad Kroeger, he's an ass.

#24 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Always wondered that myself. They make music, which sounds like music, and the general opinion of them seems to suggest that instead of making music they use their guitars to beat kittens to death.

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

I don't have a problem with them. Bland and unimaginative? Sure, but so are a million other "radio rock" bands.  I don't dislike a couple of their earlier singles, either. I've been known to tap my foot to Leader of Men or How You Remind Me. 

But yeah, Chad Kroeger's a douchewaffle.

#26 Posted by SSully (4277 posts) -

I liked their first few albums. They weren't anything special, but they were decent rock. Then once All The Right Reasons came out I realized how every single album sounds so damn similar. They have about half pop sounds that work well for the radio, then random heavier songs, and maybe 2 sounds that sound like they could be on a country album. Needless to say I am completely off of listening to them.

#27 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

Cant say I hate them. Ive heard a few songs I dont mind but the band really lacks any sort of creativity since all of there songs are either about heartbreak or sex and all of there albums sound identical.

#28 Posted by SuperCycle (333 posts) -

Around the time that they were getting really popular you couldn't turn a radio station on, here in Canada, for more than two songs without hearing them. They just saturated the market, and people got really annoyed with them. It's a little like Alanis Morrisette with her big album that was everywhere and very annoying, I still can't listen to that Ironic song.  "None of those things are Ironic, You bitch!" The only thing that's Ironic about her song is that it is called Ironic and there is nothing Ironic in it! I digress though. I've enjoyed a few songs by Nickleback. I like Savin' Me, with the video with the guy who see's the death clock.

#29 Posted by ajamafalous (12129 posts) -

Because every song sounds the same, bland and unimaginative, and during the early-mid 2000s they were fucking EVERYWHERE.

#30 Posted by Mystyr_E (1205 posts) -

For me Nickelback is just the worst kind of generic which is "boring". Not every band has to be some introspective indie group that experiments with every keyboard under the sun but if you're gonna be a rock band, at least be entertaining.  Unlike say blink-182, who wrote songs about bj's and dicks, they're still a fun, catchy band. But Nickelback is just like Creed: I don't get any emotion out of it other than "why is this shit popular?"

#31 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

The same reason they hate Creed. Generic music and vocals with laughably bad lyrics. Their just terrible man, terrible. Google their lyrics. 

I judge by what she's wearing
Just how many heads I'm tearing
Off of assholes coming on to her
Each night seems like it's getting worse
And I wish she'd take the night off
So I don't have to fight off
Every asshole coming on to her
It happens every night she works
They'll go and ask the DJ
Find out just what would she say
If they all tried coming on to her
Don't they know it's never going to work
They think they'll get inside her
With every drink they buy her
As they all try coming on to her
This time somebody's getting hurt

Here comes the next contestant

[CHORUS]
Is that your hand on my girlfriend?
Is that your hand?
I wish you'd do it again
I'll watch you leave here limping
I wish you'd do it again
I'll watch you leave here limping
There goes the next contestant

I even fear the ladies
They're cool but twice as crazy
Just as bad for coming on to her
Don't they know it's never going to work
Each time she bats an eyelash
Somebody's grabbing her ass
Everyone keeps coming on to her
This time somebody's getting hurt

Here comes the next contestant

#32 Posted by chrissedoff (2159 posts) -

because they're so sucky

#33 Posted by Brendan (8027 posts) -

"Hate" implies that I care. I have no interest in their music.

#34 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

#35 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:

#36 Posted by Jazzycola (663 posts) -

I don't hate them. I just don't listen to them. The one thing that does annoy me is the fact that after every single album they say they're going to live up to their metal roots but never really get past pop-rock. I do like their record label Roadrunner Records though. It's one of the best Metal labels in the business.

#37 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

I listen to a lot of metal & other stronger music, Nickelsback just sounds too generic & overly manufactured/preened full of tepid fury.

#38 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -

This happened in Portugal, but it was a "all-metal" concert so... I guess they are shit? I don't know, I don't really dislike them to the point of hating them.
#39 Edited by hoossy (937 posts) -

David Cross sums it up best... these kinda bands... 

F@ck them.  I hope they get raped by gorillas
#40 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

Who?

#41 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

How You Remind Me is a belter of a radio rock sing-a-long.

#42 Posted by NorseDudeTR (428 posts) -

Their lead singer looks like Jesus all edged up and shit.

#43 Posted by Zombaholic (54 posts) -

Like most others here I don't "hate" them, but my local rock radio station can't really afford good songs and well guess what plays a lot?

#44 Posted by CookieMonster (2443 posts) -

I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. I just don't acknowledge them. 

#45 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Their music killed my mother.

#46 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -
@dcgc said:

This happened in Portugal, but it was a "all-metal" concert so... I guess they are shit? I don't know, I don't really dislike them to the point of hating them.
Wow, that's hilarious. 

What the hell were they expecting? It's a metal festival. They... they don't think they're a metal band, do they? 

That's like Limp Bizkit performing at the Lilith Fair. Or any place where music is performed.
#47 Posted by geirr (2680 posts) -

I've barely heard of them.

#48 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I don't really know, but when I was a kid my head always started hurting whenever I heard them on the radio. I think they were my first exposure to bad music, so that's an honor I guess.

#49 Posted by spiceninja (3065 posts) -

#50 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

How You Remind Me is a belter of a radio rock sing-a-long.

Your balls are showing.