• 160 results
rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@buttle826: Even based on the fact that the woman cut hair for a living she was judging her about not being adequate. I mean it's low to insult someone by the fact that they like call of duty, it's very low to insult someone because they do the job that you went to them to perform.

@Video_Game_King
Well I was the one wearing the short shorts.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Rawrnosaurous

Now I find it easier to believe that Bushwald sneaks out of the castle every now and then for some roller discoing.

@GunslingerPanda said:

I kind of want to hug you.

In a non-sexy way.

There's a non-sexy way?
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Video_Game_King said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

I kind of want to hug you.

In a non-sexy way.

There's a non-sexy way?

I'll hug you in a sexy way if you make me your queen.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#54  Edited By Video_Game_King
@GunslingerPanda

I already have a Queen. We got married back in the 1850s.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Video_Game_King said:

@GunslingerPanda: I already have a Queen. We got married back in the 1850s.

FUCKDAMMIT

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Feelings on the OP aside, there are a lot of people acting like complete jerks in this thread. That ends now.

@OP: I wouldn't be so judgemental. My brother plays a ridiculous amount of Call Of Duty, and I play stupid amounts of Gears Of War, but that doesn't make us complete cultural zombies. If anything I would be more cynical of the woman cutting your hair, though I find it hard to resent someone who is making any form of effort. She's just trying to be friendly.

Also, I don't see why we feel the need to categorise people into groups who "get it" and groups who don't. That's an elitist position to take, and it's unnecessarily hostile.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Nottle

I kind of wish people would be a bit more open minded. I think it's fine if someone only plays one game, but at the same time, I wish more people would open up to some things. Sometimes it would be nice to know more people that play more obscure things.  I know maybe one other person that's played the entire MGS series. It would be cool to maybe talk to someone about things like that sometime, ya' know.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@Video_Game_King: Well it's rather hard to resist me in short shorts, i'll be honest I look quite fetching in them.
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By sparklykiss

Ahh, well then. Rolling your eyes and automatically categorizing someone into a stereotype based on one like is pretty bananas. What if you were to talk about food and she brought up him liking donuts and pizza? You wouldn't be all "Oh, he must be a stay-at-home lard ass who is dependent on his hardworking girlfriend" or something, would you? And like a lot of other people have said, the word gamer is becoming a bit silly. It doesn't make you worse or better than anyone els-

@fembotbeck said:

I explained that there was a gamer convention coming up and, seeing as this is pretty much the only week of the year a nerd girl like me can actually get laid, I figured I would try to at least look as though I give half a shit.

Wait, what? That's not why these events exist. D:

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@Sweep: More often than not it seems like nerds are some of the most elitist minded people. I would be hard pressed to find another group of people who share the same hobby or kinds of activity but look down on others in said group.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By subject2change

Bro's don't drink PBR, you lost me there. Also playing CS:S for 12 hours a day certainly made me a gamer and a loser...if I could go back in time.

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Skullo

Using the term "Gamer" really opens that person up to stereotyping. The kind that the OP did with her stylist's boyfriend. You know the one people who have playing video games have been fighting since the 90s and ever since the popularity of the CoD4/Halo made it acceptable. (or maybe it was earlier game that made it acceptable.)

Either way, the word "Gamer" is an obsolete term for people who post on forums. But it' still an acceptable label to people who don't really play that many games.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CaptainCody

You must be pretty gross and mentally unstable if you're going to try and spread herpes to random dudes at a convention. Your post screams immaturity, which is sad considering you're thirty-fucking-one. I will give you credit for making a mildly entertaining rant though.
SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

I keep my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops next to my copy of Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65  Edited By BoG

I never refer to my self as a gamer. Actually, I usually withold revealing that I play a lot of games. Not that I'm ashamed, simply that people have this perception of avid game players as people who hide like hermts in their parent's dark basement and play World of Warcraft.
dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dungbootle

You don't sound very nice.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By iam3green

crazy stuff man. people just like to play video games all the time. video games are now some what popular thing to do. the popular things are playing the latest call of duty game.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By OldGuy
@Sweep said:
<snip, snip>
Also, I don't see why we feel the need to categorise people into groups...
<snippy, snippy>
Because, it is what we as humans do. Pop, Rock, Punk, Grunge, Garage, Rap, Hip-Hop, Go-Go, Metal, Nu-Metal, Ska (waves 1, 2, 3 and 4)...

Us vs. THEM!

We MUST pigeon hole so that the world doesn't overwhelm us (at least I think that's why this happens).

It may be stupid, but it seems to be a "feature" rather than a bug. :-)
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Why would you go to a gaming convention to have sex? I'm sure you'd be much more successful portraying yourself as a furry at one of those conventions.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Three0neFive
@natural_deadhead said:
posting a link to someone's facebook is not cool
It's the internet, bro. Public information.
wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By wickedsc3

I play call of duty. I A. Wear my hat forward not back. B. Drive a Lexus, not a honda. C. My college education could buy 100 flat screen tv's. D. I use Old Spice shower gel not AXE. E. I drink Corona not PBR F. I am a gamer and so is that bro playing cod, and so are you. If you purchase a game system in my book you are a gamer. You buy products of the industry and propel the industry into the future, without us there wouldn't be any gamers.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TwilitEnd656

You're as much of a gamer as anyone else here, stranger, just as the unseen boyfriend is. Doesn't matter how much, how often, or what games you play. Even if you aren't particularly good at games, if you have some semblance of adoring interest for it, that is enough.

At least that's how I feel.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By McGhee

This thread is just depressing me on so many different levels.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PillClinton

@PeasForFees said:

@HandsomeDead said:
A true gamer only plays the unpopular games where you shoot people.
a true gamer may play dungeon seige, but a true gamer would never like dungeon seige

oh, you!

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By m0rdr3d
@Vonocourt said:

@fembotbeck said:

...with those three words my perception of a man I've never met changed from cool guy who is into cool things to just some dude who is dating a bubbly, blonde cosmetology student and probably bathes in Axe body spray. Backwards baseball cap. Honda Civic with one fake tailpipe and another three sizes too big. Sitting in front of a flat screen that costs more than his entire college education with his two roommates, surrounded by several dozen crushed PBR cans ...

Man talk about stereotyping.

No doubt.  Thar be some hateful, holier-than-thou motherfuzzers on the internet.
soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By soldierg654342

Well this thread certainly seems to have taken a turn for the even worse. 

JDMan1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JDMan1313
No Caption Provided
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mars_Cleric

@Sparklykiss said:

@fembotbeck said:

I explained that there was a gamer convention coming up and, seeing as this is pretty much the only week of the year a nerd girl like me can actually get laid, I figured I would try to at least look as though I give half a shit.

Wait, what? That's not why these events exist. D:

That's right.

They exist so I know where the pretty, nerdy girls are

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Three0neFive said:

@natural_deadhead said:
posting a link to someone's facebook is not cool
It's the internet, bro. Public information.

It violates forum rules, bro. And if I catch anyone else doing it then I'm going to start flipping tables. Under no circumstances is it acceptable to share personal information about other members of the site without their permission.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hwy_61

HEY. You shut your dirty whore mouth about PBR. There's nothing wrong with it! As for the rest of the rant, I understand where you're coming from, but it's probrably best you let it go. As long as he's supporting this hobby we all love, he can call himself whatever the fuck he wants.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By N7

Hey guys, can I join in on taking a funny post WAY too seriously, or is this party too cool for my paygrade?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Rawrnosaurous: Music audience is pretty bad. You have the people who "found a band first before they went mainstream" and people who only like one specific type of genre. They're just not as outspoken though

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By grilledcheez

Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't agreeing with you. Your rant is entirely justified.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cnlmullen

Is a "gamer" something people really want to be? I play games sometimes, but I don't aspire to spend more of my time playing games.

Don't get wrong, games are awesome. I consider a lot of games a form of art. But I don't feel like playing more games would make me a more complete person, the way doing other things (e.g. doing something creative / being more social / learning in general / being more active) would.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#85  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@fembotbeck said:
 if it were entirely shit no amount of marketing in the world could save it. 
wrong!
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ravenlight

Get with the times. Nobody wears baseball caps backwards these days.

fembotbeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By fembotbeck
@N7 said:

Hey guys, can I join in on taking a funny post WAY too seriously, or is this party too cool for my paygrade?

high five
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#88  Edited By bed

this is the best post in the entire world 

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By imayellowfellow

you are probably fat

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Nekroskop

I hate the term Gamer, but luckily I don't live in an non-English speaking country, so I never hear it IRL.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#91  Edited By Hizang

You are not a true gamer unless you have watched the entire length of this 24 hour video.

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Burzmali

I like PBR. WTF?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Vodun

@fembotbeck: It's like that with all kinds of interest. To someone who has no real interest in movies, a person who can quote a Quentin Tarantino movie will be a "movie buff". Where as you, who obviously have a very vested interest in games, will not define someone as a gamer unless they've partaken in a multitude of its offerings. Much like a sommelier would not consider someone who only drinks Wild Irish Rose a connoisseur.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@fembotbeck: You can't be 31 with a college minded attitude like that, can you?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By TwoLines

"So, yeah, I am *not* a gamer, although I hope to achieve that rank some day."

Hah. That got me. That's probably the silliest thing I've read in a while.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#96  Edited By Levio

Wow a Kingdom of Loathing player, props. Got any ultrarares?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By valrog

I don't know why would you immediately think that. I mean, I hear a lot of beautiful women talking about their boyfriends playing video games and even if they're probably playing Call of Duty, that still doesn't make me hate them or something like that...

You're making it sound like if a guy has a pretty girlfriend, and she mentions that he plays one game that she knows of, he plays this game EXCLUSIVELY. Which is probably false. Believe it or not, one can enjoy Call of Duty while enjoying other games as well.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By golguin

The OP's rant got me thinking about hair cutting places. How common is it to have a conversation with the person cutting your hair? At 25 years old I have NEVER had a conversation with anyone cutting my hair. Since I was small I was told to always stay still unless directed by the hair cutting lady and I have continued to do so. Is it a female thing? A culture thing? As a Mexican guy all the people who have cut my hair have been Mexican and I've never witnessed a conversation between the person sitting in the chair and the person holding the scissors. I've seen plenty of stylist conversations occurring from opposite ends of the place, but never with the clients. The media has always shown me that people can't keep themselves from spilling their darkest secrets while sitting in that chair. Is it all just BS?

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BackseatBoss
@golguin said:

The OP's rant got me thinking about hair cutting places. How common is it to have a conversation with the person cutting your hair? At 25 years old I have NEVER had a conversation with anyone cutting my hair. Since I was small I was told to always stay still unless directed by the hair cutting lady and I have continued to do so. Is it a female thing? A culture thing? As a Mexican guy all the people who have cut my hair have been Mexican and I've never witnessed a conversation between the person sitting in the chair and the person holding the scissors. I've seen plenty of stylist conversations occurring from opposite ends of the place, but never with the clients. The media has always shown me that people can't keep themselves from spilling their darkest secrets while sitting in that chair. Is it all just BS?

I agree with you here.I have never seen any man talking to a person cutting their hair.The only time I see that is in the movies.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Afroman269 said:

A gamer is someone who plays games. Call of Duty is a game. People recently just started to look into redefining gamer because they don't like being associated with the dude bros that play CoD. People need to stop taking things so seriously and just move on.

This. 

It basically boils down to 'its my toy and you can't play with it'. 

Who gives a fuck who is or isn't a 'gamer'. Play games, enjoy them, shut up. You'll give those of us who just get entertainment from them a bad name.