Why is it like...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejonko

...that although the PC is the most powerful and most flexible gaming device it doesnt receive the honor it should get.
I mean... you could program games for the PC which are far beyond what the xbox360 or the PS3 would be capable but nobody is rly doing so.
Even Crytek said they are waiting for the next-gen consoles till they will use the current full power of the PC.

So I dont wanna sound like a fanboy but the PC is clearly the best gaming device imaginable and I cant understand why anybody would pay 400 bucks for that japanese turtle!  

Pros for PC:
 Can use all controllers! (xbox30 ps3  even the wii-mote!!)
Better graphics!
More available input device! (Like I use a Wacom Intuos graphic tablet for gaming (in mouse mode)... without it I would never be so skilled while e.g. playing CounterStrike Source or Crysis!  
Mouse is sooo yesterday... Its sad that non of the consoles support Wacom Intuos graphic tablets!  
Better sound!
More games (all last gen games (emulator) pc games, flash games (internetz) etc.
Better usability!
Its possible to have a mobile PC called "Laptop"  or "notebook" or even for the pocket a "netbook" !!!
More power and its even possible to exchange old hardware to assure that you always have the needed power! 
 Halo 1 and 2  + Gears of War 1!!!!!!!!!   (halo 3 and gears of war 2 arent needed cause both suck!

Its ridiculous that people play FPSs with a controller if the old "mouse" or a nice graphic tablett is clearly the better choice. 
In Console-FPSing there is no skill involved... maybe who is the best camper and can wait 2 hours till the opponents turn into zombies but thats clearly not a skill I would like to have!

Can anybody explain me why the XBOX360 and the PS3 are so popular?

thx

ultimatejonko

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Absurd

I'm a PC gamer, and I don't approve of this thread.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bubahula

this will get ugly real fast
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Go away.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ultimatejonko

plz stay ontopic... i dont wanna hear... no you are wrong blablabal.. i wanna hear arguments.. why do you think im wrong?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cube
@ultimatejonko said:
" plz stay ontopic... i dont wanna hear... no you are wrong blablabal.. i wanna hear arguments.. why do you think im wrong? "
Because you are posting flamebait.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

This probably isn't going to end well, but let's see how it goes.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Coltonio7

cus they r cool an they ar like in tha livin room wit famly an shit

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

You have a real "I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but here let me sound like a huge one" feel to it. 
It's because people are used to controllers, their friends play console games, most games now-a-days are made for consoles, and they're still a ton of games you can't get on the PC.
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Coltonio7 said:
" cus they r cool an they ar like in tha livin room wit famly an shit "

Thats not a good point cause you can bring your pc or laptop etc in the living room and even connect it to your huge hd-screen!
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Coltonio7
@ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
 Thats not a good point cause you can bring your pc or laptop etc in the living room and even connect it to your huge hd-screen! "
lul butt the fam dunt liek have time for pc games cuz they all peww peww and we all like prefer the zap zap stuff mang
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ultimatejonko
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" You have a real "I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but here let me sound like a huge one" feel to it. It's because people are used to controllers, their friends play console games, most games now-a-days are made for consoles, and they're still a ton of games you can't get on the PC. "

Hello? Didnt your read my PRO-list! I mentioned that you can connect any controller to your PC you like! Even the Wii-mote!
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Systech

This is why console gaming is better. 

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Coltonio7 said:
" @ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
 Thats not a good point cause you can bring your pc or laptop etc in the living room and even connect it to your huge hd-screen! "
lul butt the fam dunt liek have time for pc games cuz they all peww peww and we all like prefer the zap zap stuff mang "

You can also play the zap zap stuff on the pc!  You can play almost any game on the pc and even rockband is hacked so you can enjoy it on the pc!
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@ultimatejonko:  If people are playing on a PC, they're most likely more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse. 
Other than fighting and driving games which you know, there aren't many of, games control more precisely with that combo instead of my 360 controller.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Mrnitropb

Because after almost two months of trying I still can't get my PC to run Battlefield heros, but 1943 runs at the push of a green X button.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CowMuffins

Pirates, that's why. It doesn't get praise because of pirates.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Systech
@ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
" @ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
lul butt the fam dunt liek have time for pc games cuz they all peww peww and we all like prefer the zap zap stuff mang "
  You can also play the zap zap stuff on the pc!  You can play almost any game on the pc and even rockband is hacked so you can enjoy it on the pc! "
You understood that?
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ultimatejonko

Thats the point... I only use the graphic tablet (or mouse) for FPS... for driving, jumpnrun, fighting etc I also use the 360 controller! 
There are even official microsoft drivers for using the 360 controller on the PC. It works perfect.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cube

Some people just prefer the convenience of a console.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JJOR64
@MB said:
" This probably isn't going to end well, but let's see how it goes. "
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ultimatejonko
@systech said:
" @ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
" @ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
  You can also play the zap zap stuff on the pc!  You can play almost any game on the pc and even rockband is hacked so you can enjoy it on the pc! "
You understood that? "
YES! Sure I did! You said that your family doesnt like to play to pc cause they think there are only shooters available!  But thats wrong! You can have every game you like on the PC!
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Cube said:
" Some people just prefer the convenience of a console. "
I think the PC is easier to use than all these japanese consoles + xbox. Besides everybody knows how to use a PC cause this knowledge is a MUST in our present world and so you dont need to learn how to use a different device only because you wanna play some games!
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well consoles are considered more mainstream now because it's really easier to just buy a box and play it at your living room. It's not better technically and i'm a pc gamer myself, however that's were the market is headed these days because the xbox360 brought pc style games to ppl's living rooms with a gamepad. It also seems alot of pc developers are supporting console gaming because they can make more money that way, considering how expensive it is to build a new pc and to make next gen games. I tried my best to answer your question.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ultimatejonko

You can get a PC for 400 bucks which is 10 times powerful than the PS3 and Xbox360 together. 
Another good argument FOR PC is... games are much cheaper!!!

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ultimatejonko

bump

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cube
@ultimatejonko said:
" @Cube said:
" Some people just prefer the convenience of a console. "
I think the PC is easier to use than all these japanese consoles + xbox. Besides everybody knows how to use a PC cause this knowledge is a MUST in our present world and so you dont need to learn how to use a different device only because you wanna play some games! "
That's fine if you think it's easier. A lot of people appreciate that you can just plug-n-play with a console. They also don't want to deal with the installing games, etc. on a PC.
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ultimatejonko

Installing is like pressing "install"... thats all you need to do. 
If you wanna have it rly easy on the pc than you can even use steam. Steam does everything for you and is rly cheap! 

No but I think you didnt get my point... nobody knows how to use a xbox but everybody .. even my grandmother and people in somalia... know how to use a pc!

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By dethfish
@Coltonio7 said:
I agree with this.
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Dethfish77 said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
I agree with this. "
So thats fine .. but thats nothing what the PC isnt or cant do? So thats not rly a good argument!
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Lashe

Having 'requirements' of the computer is going to scare a lot of people in the mainstream. Not every kid grows up knowing the specs of their machine.  

Plus, there's something very 'simple' about console gaming - no drivers, no install issues, no system issues such as an old graphics card etc.  

Once you have a gaming rig set up it's fine, but gradually the games will surpass your machine and you have to sit and 'tweak' your experiences to be fun.  

I like console gaming. I used to enjoy PC gaming, but there's something kinda tiring about it. I like slamming a cart into a machine, or throwing a disc in and just having it run perfectly, and optimised for my machine. Oh, and I can totally sprawl on the couch or bed across from my awesome HDTV. Always a plus!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cube
@ultimatejonko said:
" Installing is like pressing "install"... thats all you need to do.  If you wanna have it rly easy on the pc than you can even use steam. Steam does everything for you and is rly cheap!   No but I think you didnt get my point... nobody knows how to use a xbox but everybody .. even my grandmother and people in somalia... know how to use a pc! "
No, you're not getting my point. 

PC gaming is absolutely not as flawless as you make it seem, coming from someone with much experience. 

People who want to play games, want to play them and have fun, and for many it's a hassle to install games. Troubleshooting is a hassle many people just don't want to deal with. I'm not saying that's how I feel but many people do, and they will continue to, while you make topics that won't change anyone's mind.

While the industry continues to go more mainstream, there are more and more people who just want to plug in a console, insert a game and play. No installing, no worrying if anything goes wrong. No wondering if it will run smoothly. Just play. And that's something you're going to have to deal with and get over.
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Lashe said:
" Having 'requirements' of the computer is going to scare a lot of people in the mainstream. Not every kid grows up knowing the specs of their machine.   Plus, there's something very 'simple' about console gaming - no drivers, no install issues, no system issues such as an old graphics card etc.   Once you have a gaming rig set up it's fine, but gradually the games will surpass your machine and you have to sit and 'tweak' your experiences to be fun.   I like console gaming. I used to enjoy PC gaming, but there's something kinda tiring about it. I like slamming a cart into a machine, or throwing a disc in and just having it run perfectly, and optimised for my machine. Oh, and I can totally sprawl on the couch or bed across from my awesome HDTV. Always a plus! "

There is only tweaking needed if you wanna get the highest possible fpsrate and graphics settings possible. If you just go to "low" for all and are fine with 30 fps you dont even need to install a driver. Besides... PC games on "low" + 30FPS is the typical Xbox360 and PS3 experience. 
My PC is connected to my big huge awesome HDTV too! So thats also not a point!
 PC gaming is easy and the graphics , for fps the controls (and for the rest you can use console controllers) and the framerate are much better!
If you buying XBOX360 and PS3 games you are just paying always twice as much as for the PC version or at least 20 bucks more!! 
For that additional pricing you get bad graphics with a bad framerate and pricey patches/updates called DLCs...

I rly dont get it why people are complaining about e.g. the price although in the end the pay 10times of the money they would have payed for the same amount of gaming experience!
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By AlexB

Lol at the lead in to all his threads. Why is it like....
Lol at his exclamation points. *This is such a good reason because of my exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Lol at his "I'm not a fanboy, but I'm going to act like one for" and totally flamebaiting people with his ignorance.
Lol at his avatar *Halo originated on Xbox* Why don't you have a Gordan Freeman or something else PC related if there games are so much better?
Lol at everyone immediately shutting him down.
Lol that's a lot of lolz...

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AniMoney
@Coltonio7 said:
" @ultimatejonko said:
" @Coltonio7 said:
lmao, this had me cracking up
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sabata

PC's are ignored because building one that can play games well is more expensive and complicated than just going out and buying a console. 

Mass appeal >>> "Power" and "flexibility."

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mrnitropb

<old man rant>Anyone who thinks Pc gaming is all out the Steaming and the Crisisi's and the what nots is just a kids. In my day we had to swap discs! And not CDs! Floppies, like the actually floppy ones! <,/old man rant>

I think a prime example of people not caring is this site. in the last month or so, we've heard the dudes like sighing HEAVILY about having to build a gaming PC for games for the site. FOR WORK. They think building a top of the line gaming rig, getting paid to do it, and getting payed to play games on it, is a pain in the ass.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ultimatejonko
@AlexB said:
" Lol at the lead in to all his threads. Why is it like.... Lol at his exclamation points. *This is such a good reason because of my exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* Lol at his "I'm not a fanboy, but I'm going to act like one for" and totally flamebaiting people with his ignorance.Lol at his avatar *Halo originated on Xbox* Why don't you have a Gordan Freeman or something else PC related if there games are so much better? Lol at everyone immediately shutting him down. Lol that's a lot of lolz... "
I didnt choose the Halo Avatar. I signed in and just had it as default! 
Besides im not ignorant. Im just for the truth and you just say LOL to all cause you dont have even a single argument why the xbox could be better than the PC!

@Sabata:
No its that easy.. rly.. you are just hypnotized by the mass media so you stay away from the cheaper solution and just go and spent a lot of money!
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Mrnitropb:  Thats not true. Brad even said he will play Boarderlands on the PC cause its much better and cheaper!
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sabata
@ultimatejonko: No, it isn't.  When you buy a console it comes put together right out of the box; all you need to do is hook it up.  To build a gaming computer you need to go out and buy all the parts and put them together.  While that isn't necessarily hard, it's more work than the average person is willing to put in just to play a video game.  Hence why gaming companies focus on consoles: they know they will sell more games there than on the PC.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By AlexB
@ultimatejonko: I never said the xbox was better than the PC!!!!!!!!  Now you're just putting words in my mouth!!!!!!!! You know you can change your avatar!!!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!  What emotions do these exclamations emit? Curious!!!!
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Sabata:  You know... there are companies like Dell,hp,alienware,etc. which put a gaming pc for you together and even install windows for you!  Besides.. if you buy any laptop/notebook you also have already windows installed and all parts put together.. You dont even need to plug in the box to TV!
Besides buying the Parts takes an hour and you save with that hour so much money you wouldnt have earned while working 2 hours!! (if you earn a loT)
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ultimatejonko
@AlexB said:
" @ultimatejonko: I never said the xbox was better than the PC!!!!!!!!  Now you're just putting words in my mouth!!!!!!!! You know you can change your avatar!!!!! !!!! !!!!! !!!!  What emotions do these exclamations emit? Curious!!!! "
I always use at max one !...  (if used more once it wasnt on purpose!) 
Besides I just wanted to say that Im not a fanboy and not that you like the xbox better or not!

thx!
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sabata
@ultimatejonko: Except those premade computers are all over-priced pieces of shit and cost more than consoles anyways.  And who the fuck games on a laptop?  Other than idiots, that is.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mrnitropb
@Sabata: My girlfriend plays the sims and simcity on her laptop.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pause422

Yes, the PC is better technically if you have a good machine, and can do everything the consoles can do far better and do far more...that isn't enough reason though at all. Its not even worth explaining, this is coming from mainly a PC player too. Consoles are just easier really...easier to setup, easier to just pop a disc into and load up a game instantly. That's the thing that people like about them, something you can have in your room, easily operated, instantly talking and playing with friends..its just how it is now.

it doesn't make you look good either the way you started this, as I said, coming from someone who is pro PC before anything else, its just how things are..and everyone should accept it by now. I have a PS3 and a 360, while having a great PC..I use them all. Consoles are the center and the money makers for most developers, its just how it is, and I doubt it will change..so instead of trying to make it seem like you want to 'convert' everyone into your way of thinking, unless everyone is brain dead, everyone already knows any possible fact you could point out that the PC is better at.  This is really a pointless thread.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ultimatejonko
@Sabata:  laptop hdmi-cable to HDTV ... + xbox360 controller = awesome (you can turn off the laptop-screen ;) )
Besides.. sure this big brands might look a bit pricey.. but there are sooo many small noname companies which put gaming pcs together.. you just have to open your eyes and see the opportunities you have!
Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Storphrax

I'm pretty sure all of you guys just got trolled hard by this guy.

ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ultimatejonko
@pause422:  Its much faster to just wake up the Pc and jump into a game. I never use my consoles cause its so uneasy to boot the xbox e.g. wait till the game loads.... wait for all loading times which are all 100times longer than for the pc.
In the end you spent 1 hour and got 20min real gaming experience. PC = Spent 1 hour = 59minutes gaming time!

Consoles are just for tards who wanna spent a lot of money and then whine around that they dont have enough money and that the capitalistic world is unfair!
ultimatejonko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ultimatejonko

SO FUCK YOU ALL STUPID MONEY SPENDING WHINING TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU ALL STUPID BITCHES WHO ARE THE FAULT FOR THE SLOW IMPROVEMENT IN GRAPHICS, AI, PHYSICS etc!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PC was and IS the FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

PC PC PC