#51 Edited by Itwastuesday (981 posts) -

I waited so long to get my account that I read enough threads to realize that there are not any fewer idiots or trolls on Gaf than on any other given forum, and then I never used my account when I actually got it.

#52 Posted by A_Pretty_Panda (26 posts) -
@Itwastuesday said:

I waited so long to get my account that I read enough threads to realize that there are not any fewer idiots or trolls on Gaf than on any other given forum, and then I never used my account by the time I got it.

more power to you man, they can be really rude and with a 'tude sometimes
#53 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@RedUFO said:

I am posting on both NeoGAF and Giant Bomb at the same time. Isn't that magical?

If you can post 5 more times in this thread in the next 24 hours. I'll give you prize.

#54 Posted by Milkman (17173 posts) -

@A_Pretty_Panda said:

@Itwastuesday said:

I waited so long to get my account that I read enough threads to realize that there are not any fewer idiots or trolls on Gaf than on any other given forum, and then I never used my account by the time I got it.

Here's the kind of hilarious comedy you can expect out of NeoGAF.

#55 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I wouldn't mind joining up, from what I've seen it's pretty civil over there. I don't have a valid e-mail address though.

#56 Edited by A_Pretty_Panda (26 posts) -

michael pachter hates neogaf and I agree with him 

edit- i'm getting notified everytime someone looks at my profile, that's weird

#57 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4847 posts) -

To keep the riff raff out? I guess it's working.

I don't have an account; they don't like gmail and I can't be bothered to make another email address.

#58 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Elitism

#59 Posted by Alucrid (12 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Elitism

i think that is only included with neogaf gold

#60 Posted by RedUFO (20 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

If you can post 5 more times in this thread in the next 24 hours. I'll give you prize.

Absolutely!

#61 Posted by Itwastuesday (981 posts) -

@A_Pretty_Panda said:

@Itwastuesday said:

Damn, you really got me! I've been GAFFED

#62 Posted by KWA223 (54 posts) -

someone at GAF needs to explain G-Fex to me.

#63 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1732 posts) -

exclusiveclubGAF unite :lol :lol :lol 

SILLY JOURNALISTS CHECK YOUR SOURCES

#64 Posted by ez123 (1987 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Ha, so NeoGAF members are looking at this thread over at their own Giant Bomb thread. I feel observed.

In any case, they like to often make fun of how "creepy" we are, but I can just refer to their very own thread dangerously approaching pedophilia as well. Yeah, we're creepy.

It's a funny drawing. If some people in this and other forums are going to call it creepy, they're being weird. There is zero need to get defensive.

#65 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

@LumpOfCole said:

During the Great Internet War of 2006, source code and GUI interfaces were strung out in rubble all across the netscape. It took the blood, sweat, and tears of General Frederick Neo and his son Sergeant William Gafferton to forge an exclusive e-club for themselves and a select few bros. The circle has slowly expanded into letting only the most trustworthy of newcomers in, but even these Junior Members are subject to the harsh laws of GAF's institution of Eternal Martial Law (EML). It is because of EML that GAF enjoys its exclusive status and direct discussion with writers and developers of highly esteemed gaming culture. GAF is the Red Lobster of Internet forums, where folks journey from across land and sea just to taste (and contribute) to GAF's figurative Crab Linguini Alfredo. Whenever one posts to GAF, it is not uncommon to shed a single tear of pride for the site and the honor it is to post amongst similar geniuses and heroes. It is the dream of all GAF members that the GAF spirit will take the rest of the Internet to promote civility, and then take the world to ensure world peace. If General Frederick Neo and Sergeant William Gafferton were alive to see the treasure and hope that GAF has become, they would assuredly salute the honor that the site has built for itself. They would be proud.

if neogaf is the red lobster of the internet than Giant Bomb is the applebees of the internet.

#66 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1770 posts) -

Wow, first time checking my email in like 4 months and my Gaf account is now finally activated. Thanks for reminding me, thread.

#67 Posted by LumpOfCole (49 posts) -
#68 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@ez123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Ha, so NeoGAF members are looking at this thread over at their own Giant Bomb thread. I feel observed.

In any case, they like to often make fun of how "creepy" we are, but I can just refer to their very own thread dangerously approaching pedophilia as well. Yeah, we're creepy.

It's a funny drawing. If some people in this and other forums are going to call it creepy, they're being weird. There is zero need to get defensive.

I think it would have been best if I had posted that comment differently, because my point wasn't to be defensive but to point out irony. There they are generalizing and being "Oh look how the GB forums are full of creeps" and then here I am pointing out that NeoGAF thread and then they say "Oh look, they're ignorant and think we're a bunch of pedophiles!" They have no perspective of themselves, and that's frustrating.

#69 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@RedUFO said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Absolutely!

4 more to go buddy.

#70 Posted by Patryn (10 posts) -

@KWA223: Wrassle-GAF broke him.

And to think I wouldn't have realized this thread existed if not for GAF.

#71 Posted by Alucrid (12 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@ez123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I think it would have been best if I had posted that comment differently, because my point wasn't to be defensive but to point out irony. Here they are generalizing and being "Oh look how the GB forums are full of creeps" and then here I am pointing out that thread and then they say "Oh look, they think we're a bunch of pedophiles!" They have no perspective of themselves, and that's frustrating.

that is the gaf hivemind at its finest

#72 Posted by RedUFO (20 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

4 more to go buddy.

3 now!

#73 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

@adoggz said:

@LumpOfCole said:

During the Great Internet War of 2006, source code and GUI interfaces were strung out in rubble all across the netscape. It took the blood, sweat, and tears of General Frederick Neo and his son Sergeant William Gafferton to forge an exclusive e-club for themselves and a select few bros. The circle has slowly expanded into letting only the most trustworthy of newcomers in, but even these Junior Members are subject to the harsh laws of GAF's institution of Eternal Martial Law (EML). It is because of EML that GAF enjoys its exclusive status and direct discussion with writers and developers of highly esteemed gaming culture. GAF is the Red Lobster of Internet forums, where folks journey from across land and sea just to taste (and contribute) to GAF's figurative Crab Linguini Alfredo. Whenever one posts to GAF, it is not uncommon to shed a single tear of pride for the site and the honor it is to post amongst similar geniuses and heroes. It is the dream of all GAF members that the GAF spirit will take the rest of the Internet to promote civility, and then take the world to ensure world peace. If General Frederick Neo and Sergeant William Gafferton were alive to see the treasure and hope that GAF has become, they would assuredly salute the honor that the site has built for itself. They would be proud.

if neogaf is the red lobster of the internet than Giant Bomb is the applebees of the internet.

To be fair, I'd rather eat at Applebee's than Red Lobster. Though honestly, if I had my choice of chain restaurants, it'd be the Olive Garden.

#74 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@RedUFO said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

4 more to go buddy.

3 now!

Wait... where the hell did that membership come from?!

#75 Posted by RedUFO (20 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

What?

#76 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@ez123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I think it would have been best if I had posted that comment differently, because my point wasn't to be defensive but to point out irony. There they are generalizing and being "Oh look how the GB forums are full of creeps" and then here I am pointing out that NeoGAF thread and then they say "Oh look, they're ignorant and think we're a bunch of pedophiles!" They have no perspective of themselves, and that's frustrating.

That's kind of generalizing, isn't it? And this forum CAN get kind of creepy at times, it's not just that picture. There was the "WHICH GB GUY DO YOU WANT TO BE YOUR DAD" thread and others that got really really weird.

#77 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3211 posts) -

What exactly do they consider a non-free email address? I've tried four.

#78 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Neogaf isn't that bad, except for that one guy, he's a jerk.

#79 Posted by Typographenia (58 posts) -

@Aegon said:

Hold up, question time: Do you guys go under the same usernames over on GAF?

Yup.

Just my experience- I made my account with an educational email, and I've never had any consequences come of it. Some of the moderation staff have talked about information protection in the past (around the PS3 meltdown, I believe) and it seemed as though they went to great effort to protect your information. I can completely understand not wanting to give out any of that type of information, however.

#80 Posted by Aegon (5760 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@RedUFO said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

4 more to go buddy.

3 now!

He's got a credit card and he ain't afraid to use it.

#81 Edited by Itwastuesday (981 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

What exactly do they consider a non-free email address? I've tried four.

The e-mail address your ISP provides you, or a .edu email address seem to be the best candidates

#82 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Aegon said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@RedUFO said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

4 more to go buddy.

3 now!

He's got a credit card and he ain't afraid to use it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

#83 Posted by ghostmind (35 posts) -

I hear they never courtesy flush AND they always leave the lid up!

BARBARIANS!

Now, let's talk about tipping. How much do you usually tip your pizza delivery person?

#84 Edited by chrissedoff (2157 posts) -

I haven't done a thing with my NeoGAF account in all the years I've had it. The forum is poorly organized and there are way too many people there who believe that being detached and sarcastic impresses other people. There's a lot of competition going on there over who can be the biggest acerbic jerk. And so idiocy and meanness ensues.

Anyone who is looking for an exclusive and strictly moderated video game forum that "keeps the riff raff out" should buy a forum account from SomethingAwful. Tthe people you'll find at NeoGAF are usually just the people who couldn't make it on SomethingAwful because either they got themselves banned or are too cheap to buy the account.

#85 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@Crushed said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

That's kind of generalizing, isn't it? And this forum CAN get kind of creepy at times, it's not just that picture. There was the "WHICH GB GUY DO YOU WANT TO BE YOUR DAD" thread and others that got really really weird.

THAT'S MY ENTIRE POINT. I'm sarcastically utilizing that underage girl thread as a counter-argument to show just how stupid their argument that "we're all creeps" is based on a single goddamn thread.

And in the same breath, you're doing just that: generalizing. Yeah, okay, I'll concede that these forums can get creepy at times. There's that one cannibalism thread about which staff member you'd eat which is pretty gross. Does that mean that NeoGAF is this pure, untouched and innocent place? Hell no. They have their share of creepy threads, but I at least have the sense to differentiate those from a fucking collective instead of claiming that their entire community is tainted like they do to ours.

#86 Posted by AssInAss (2709 posts) -

@KWA223 said:

someone at GAF needs to explain G-Fex to me.

King of Games

#87 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Illuminati

#88 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

@Crushed said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@ez123 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, the GB forums has it's share of weirdos. Particularly those that take their idolization of the staff too far.

#89 Posted by Patryn (10 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth: Specified in the FAQ: Education, work or ISP address. Results vary if you have your own domain, but many are rejected.

#90 Posted by Alucrid (12 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Crushed said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

THAT'S MY ENTIRE POINT. I'm sarcastically utilizing that underage girl thread as a counter-argument to show just how stupid their argument that "we're all creeps" is based on a single goddamn thread.

And in the same breath, you're doing just that: generalizing. Yeah, okay, I'll concede that these forums can get creepy at times. There's that one cannibalism thread about which staff member you'd eat which is pretty gross. Does that mean that NeoGAF is this pure, untouched and innocent place? Hell no. They have their share of creepy threads, but I at least have the sense to differentiate those from a fucking collective instead of claiming that their entire community is tainted like they do to ours.

the lady doth protest too much, methinks

#91 Edited by RedUFO (20 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Despite the fact I have 5 forum posts, I have been a premium member for quite some time.

#92 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

Oh hey, look:

Quote:
WHICH GB GUY DO YOU WANT TO BE YOUR DAD
Did you really have that thread, guys?

Oh man, we actually had that thread. Oh no, this must mean we're a bunch of creeps.

I mean, it's not as though NeoGAF seriously had a thread about a guy discovering RealDolls.

And again it seems that a few members over there don't get the fact that I'm not saying that NeoGAF is full of creeps based on a single thread, because that would be dumb. Sarcasm, it's sarcasm people. Because the one I'm replying to thought it'd be a good idea to point out a single thread of ours to show that we're full of creeps.

#93 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3211 posts) -

@Patryn said:

@Apparatus_Unearth: Specified in the FAQ: Education, work or ISP address. Results vary if you have your own domain, but many are rejected.

Thanks! Time to go join the most insular internet community of all time, except maybe the Counter Strike or EVE guys.

#94 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6400 posts) -

I am beginning to wonder if Neogaf users think of themselves as really special for getting into some "exclusive" club.

#95 Edited by Patryn (10 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Are you seriously that bothered by what we say in the GB thread on GAF?

You shouldn't taken it seriously. Lord knows I really don't.

#96 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@RedUFO said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Despite the fact I have 5 forum posts, I have been a premium member for quite some time.

Seriously? I thought I checked though.....

I hate myself right now.

#97 Posted by Alucrid (12 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh hey, look:

Quote:
WHICH GB GUY DO YOU WANT TO BE YOUR DAD
Did you really have that thread, guys?

Oh man, we actually had that thread. Oh no, this must mean we're a bunch of creeps.

I mean, it's not as though NeoGAF seriously had a thread about a guy discovering RealDolls.

you sure do lurk neogaf a lot

#98 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19376 posts) -

@Alucrid said:

the lady doth protest too much, methinks

No, not quite. I like this community. I feel at home here, and it's extremely irritating when people from NeoGAF like to look down upon us as if we're lesser to them. I feel no inherent animosity towards them, so I don't understand why they should feel this need to insult us on their end.

@Patryn said:

@FluxWaveZ: Are you seriously that bothered by what we say in the GB thread on GAF?

You shouldn't taken it seriously. Lord knows I really don't.

Yeah, I guess maybe I shouldn't. I suppose I really do get defensive when it comes to the Giant Bomb community. I love this place and I hate to see it senselessly trashed by other places. I think I'll try my best to ignore those comments from now.

#99 Edited by Itwastuesday (981 posts) -

I was going to play games, but now I can't take my eyes off of this thread or the Neogaf thread, as people shitpost on both to try and figure out which forum is the worst.

#100 Posted by KWA223 (54 posts) -

neogaf is worse because they picked timedog