why is there no white heritage month?

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cskazenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cskazenit

every other race gets one, why not whites? whites have history too. if there is a white guy proud to be white, he is suddenly called a racist, but oh foreigners can say that and they don't get any trash talk to them. it's time to step up. -_-

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Someone post that Morgan Freeman video, please.

The idea of a black history month itself is racist and only a ploy to maintain the bullshit facade of political correctness in the US. There shouldn't be any "race months".

cskazenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cskazenit

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

Someone post that Morgan Freeman video, please.

The idea of a black history month itself is racist and only a ploy to maintain the bullshit facade of political correctness in the US. There shouldn't be any "race months".

Yes, its best there is no race month.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Ducksworth

I didn't know there was a heritage month other than Black History Month.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai

I'm all for a second Christmas. :P

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BigChickenDinner
pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pw2566ch

The same reason there are no white schools or scholarships. It would be considered racist.

cskazenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cskazenit

@pw2566ch said:

The same reason there are no white schools or scholarships. It would be considered racist.

Which sucks.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By landon

Every month is white heritage month

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@BigChickenDinner said:

"Im gonna stop calling you a white man, and I'm going to ask that you stop calling me a black man..."

Oh god I would love that. There's more to a person than a physical color.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Dagbiker

You must be some kinda raciest for wanting equality.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mandude

@pw2566ch said:

This is essentially what the OP says, with the underlying point of it being stupid.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Deranged

@Dagbiker said:

You must be some kinda raciest for wanting equality.

Lol.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animasta

white people are terrible is why

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Getz

The idea of white people needing a heritage month is silly because they don't need one: anybody who wanted to know the legacy of white men need only look in a history book. By that same token, black history is intrinsic to American history, as Mr. Freeman said. I would argue for more awareness of any marginalized culture, such as Asian Americans or Native Americans but black American history is readily available and has numerous invested parties to disseminate it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@Getz said:

The idea of white people needing a heritage month is silly because they don't need one: anybody who wanted to know the legacy of white men need only look in a history book. By that same token, black history is intrinsic to American history, as Mr. Freeman said. I would argue for more awareness of any marginalized culture, such as Asian Americans or Native Americans but black American history is readily available and has numerous invested parties to disseminate it.

I'm pretty sure there's a native american history month? as well as an asian american history month?

they're definitely not as... celebrated as african american history month though.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Akyho

@Landon said:

What I was going to say.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#18  Edited By donutfever

There should also be Straight Pride parades and Male Rights Groups.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Here we go again. Hit us with your crazy, Animasta.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Everyones_A_Critic: Black history is American history, making a month SEGREGATING black history is almost a slap in the face. I am white and cringe when I see black history month plastered everywhere, it's so wrong.

Simplified version: We need to celebrate what the black community has done for our history in all of the months, not just February. Dedicate months to cancer and burn awareness, that's it.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Bruce

Those "months" are nothing more than self-righteous ploys to fund ridiculous parades, public television, and feel good banners on your local new channel in the morning. Racial pride is pretty fucking stupid anyway, given that you had no particular choice in the matter. To paraphrase an old George Carlin bit: how can you be PROUD of something you had no part in? I didn't choose to be Israeli, for example.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By MikkaQ

@DonutFever said:

Straight Pride parades

This would provide some wonderful trolling opportunities.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn

@SomeDeliCook said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

"Im gonna stop calling you a white man, and I'm going to ask that you stop calling me a black man..."

Oh god I would love that. There's more to a person than a physical color.

Ideally the only time physical color should come up is when you're physically describing someone, it doesn't make any sense as a cultural description.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PillClinton

I'm fully with Morgan Freeman on this. An individual race heritage month only perpetuates separation and distinction, rather than moving toward any sort of equality. We're all just Homo sapiens, and when we eventually become a space faring civilization, we're all just going to be Earthlings and race won't fucking matter at all. And yes, I've been playing Mass Effect.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@Bruce said:

Those "months" are nothing more than self-righteous ploys to fund ridiculous parades, public television, and feel good banners on your local new channel in the morning. Racial pride is pretty fucking stupid anyway, given that you had no particular choice in the matter. To paraphrase an old George Carlin bit: how can you be PROUD of something you had no part in? I didn't choose to be Israeli, for example.

Carlin strikes again.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mandude

@Mikemcn said:

Ideally the only time physical color should come up is when you're physically describing someone, it doesn't make any sense as a cultural description.

This. I hate how people look at me twice when I say "The black guy over there." or something...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Animasta

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I love how you're dedicated to trolling me but think about this. African Americans are still marginalized in American society, as are most minorities. Now, people can argue that segregating them is worse (I think that's wrong but I respect the sentiment). However, how many black people do people get taught in US history? Fredrick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, mostly people before/during the civil war. Maybe the guy who did all the experiments on peanuts (I can't remember his name atm, something carver?). Now, black history month, as I have come to understand it, is purely designed as reminding people about others who were relevant to society, history, whatever. They aren't segregating them, but reminding people that history has more people in it than just old white men.

I mean at least African Americans get taught in history at all, The only Mexican-American I can remember is Cesar Chavez and I never actually got taught that (we made it to WW2 and that's it, he was in the 70's and later in the book)

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#29  Edited By mechakirby

Our heritage is founded on oppressing all other races

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By louiedog

When will America finally embrace white culture?

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

Because:

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BionicRadd

Black History month was most likely established by white people to assuage their white guilt, Once you find a group of people who feel guilty about something their ancestors did to white people, you'll see a white history month. Till then, you'll have to settle for the other 11 months of the year when ALL you study is white history.

Don't say African American, either. That's even more racist than calling them black. To quote the lovely girl I went to high school with when all this African American bullshit first got started - "My family is from Cuba and I have no connection to Africa". Not all black people came from Africa.

TzarStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TzarStefan

@MechaKirby said:

Oh wow i hope that you are joking.@BionicRadd said:

Black History month was most likely established by white people to assuage their white guilt, Once you find a group of people who feel guilty about something their ancestors did to white people, you'll see a white history month. Till then, you'll have to settle for the other 11 months of the year when ALL you study is white history.

Don't say African American, either. That's even more racist than calling them black. To quote the lovely girl I went to high school with when all this African American bullshit first got started - "My family is from Cuba and I have no connection to Africa". Not all black people came from Africa.

" white people to assuage their white guilt" You mean the jews, we Europeans "white people" are getting brainwashed into white guilt by the jews simple fact.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Didn't you hear?  Its bad to be white and if you a white man then zomg, you are the worse.  I just tell everyone no matter what sex or race to stay the hell off my lawn.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By raviolisumo

How old is OP? It seems to me it's just kids that are really bothered by this.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Itwastuesday

@BigChickenDinner said:

The fucking man.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#37  Edited By donutfever
@TzarStefan said:

@MechaKirby said:

" white people to assuage their white guilt" You mean the jews, we Europeans "white people" are getting brainwashed into white guilt by the jews simple fact.

I... I don't... 

@Wes899 said:

How old is OP? It seems to me it's just kids that are really bothered by this.

I'd say it's REALLY old people more than kids. But yeah, the OP is probably younger.
BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BionicRadd

@TzarStefan said:

@MechaKirby said:

never quote or reply to me, again. wow.

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By actionTACO

i know, right? and why isn't there a WHITE ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION channel? really ~~~makes u think~~~

why yes i did get my degree in racial studies from youtube university. why do you ask?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Landon said:

Every second of every minute of every day of every month of every year is more like it....whites have had it good for the longest time. It's all going to come crashing down one day but for now it's all good.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Barrock

We need a thread like this every few months to filter out the crazies.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mechakirby

@TzarStefan: White people were responsible for: holocaust, asian internment camps, salvery, slaughtering native americans... anything else?

You can't have a "White History Month" and ignore these and only recognize discovering electricity, founding democracy and inventing bacon cheeseburgers.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BionicRadd

@MechaKirby said:

@TzarStefan: White people were responsible for: holocaust, asian internment camps, salvery, slaughtering native americans... anything else?

You can't have a "White History Month" and ignore these and only recognize discovering electricity, founding democracy and inventing bacon cheeseburgers.

Crusades, can we count the Spanish Inquisition since I kinda consider most Europeans to be some form of white?, Barry Manilow's career

Edit - "founding democracy" is a statement I will always laugh at, considering only rich, white, male land owners had ANY say in America's "democracy".

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre

It could have something to do with that, often, when white people advanced, we did so by stepping on other races. Not to say other races don't have their closet skeletons but white people's skeletons are a great deal more well-known. I agree that the general concept of Black History Month kind of divides society.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Morgan Freeman had some really fantastic fucking points in that video. Bravo, Mr. Freeman.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mandude

@BionicRadd said:

@MechaKirby said:

Crusades, can we count the Spanish Inquisition since I kinda consider most Europeans to be some form of white?, Barry Manilow's career

Edit - "founding democracy" is a statement I will always laugh at, considering only rich, white, male land owners had ANY say in America's "democracy".

Maybe he was attributing founding democracy to the Greeks?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pinworm45

@MariachiMacabre said:

It could have something to do with that, often, when white people advanced, we did so by stepping on other races. Not to say other races don't have their closet skeletons but white people's skeletons are a great deal more well-known. I agree that the general concept of Black History Month kind of divides society.

The importance of history is inversely proportionate to how many people they killed?

TzarStefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TzarStefan

@MechaKirby said:

Slavery? Sold by Arabs, Other Africans tribes, and jews. And also shipped by jews aswell ( look it up ). As for asian internment camps also conducted by the jews, Japan was Axis remember fighting along side white people.... And the holocaust i wont get into that only trouble awaits on such topic. I'm not a racist but i am proud to be white, The lies about us is unbearable.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mechakirby

@BionicRadd: Rich white people are still white people!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SSully

@Animasta said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I love how you're dedicated to trolling me but think about this. African Americans are still marginalized in American society, as are most minorities. Now, people can argue that segregating them is worse (I think that's wrong but I respect the sentiment). However, how many black people do people get taught in US history? Fredrick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, mostly people before/during the civil war. Maybe the guy who did all the experiments on peanuts (I can't remember his name atm, something carver?). Now, black history month, as I have come to understand it, is purely designed as reminding people about others who were relevant to society, history, whatever. They aren't segregating them, but reminding people that history has more people in it than just old white men.

I mean at least African Americans get taught in history at all, The only Mexican-American I can remember is Cesar Chavez and I never actually got taught that (we made it to WW2 and that's it, he was in the 70's and later in the book)

But that is still foolish. History classes in general tend to leave out an extraordinary amount of people of all races simply because there is so many different people and events that have left their mark on our worlds history. That is why there is specializations in history courses such as Latin American History, or pure American History. When I took American History blacks got plenty of attention because they have a huge part in American history. It is simply unnecessary to give a race a month because, as many have already quoted from the Morgan Freeman video, it simply retains that idea of racial separation.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Dany

God damn I hate whenever this shit is brought up.