Why the new Achievement Linking is Fucked

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AthleticShark

1. It has taken over 24 hours for my account to be linked, oh wait I am still 508 in line and I have been for hours
2. Maybe it was glitched or some other fucked shit, I try to add it again, only to be greeted with a message saying I am a n00b because someone already claimed it.
3. Looking at number 2, what the fuck would happen if someone took my gamertag as their own to show off achievements or other fucked up perverted shit that I don't even think is plausible, but people find ways. I wouldn't be able to link it because someone else took it.
4. IF it has taken this fucking long to link it, obviously they should have been more prepared. Like really, they didn't know their would be a high demand.
5. My friend did it the same time as me, he got linked an hour after he submitted, while like I said, it has been more then 24 hours for me.

If you really wan't to see some fucked up politcall MPAA rating board crap, watch this movie. It will blow you away and make you say thank god this was in 2006 and not 2009 where it seems their is a tad more freedom in rating movies now a days.

No Caption Provided
SoulEdgeSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SoulEdgeSlayer

Eh, I have been waiting about the same amount of time as you have.  It really isn't a big deal.  It's nothing compared to when the site originally launched.

That said, I would like to see my rare achievements...

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By bwooduhs

Ive got that 0 achievement glitch.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho

Why s this such a big deal to you?  Calm down.  New things break.  Broken things get fixed.  Stop expecting perfection, especially from something you don't even pay for.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By weltal

Be patient and let them work out the issues.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Mine was actually up and running when I signed onto Giantbomb yesterday. I didn't even insert any info, I guess it just recognized my listed XBL tag and went to work on its own, which I think is quite awesome. Personally, I was concerned about people using other people's tags, but as long as more than 1 people can have it set as their achievement list, I don't think it matters. Sure, someone could be pretending to be you and have your achievements, but as long as that doesn't prevent you from having your achievements linked to your own page too, then it's not that big of a deal. I've noticed it's taken a while to update. I got a couple more achievements about 8 hours ago and it hasn't been updated on my GB page. Perhaps that's because they're still getting everything worked out.

As for that picture you linked, as a thumbnail I thought it was a guy's arm and bicep that had some crazy scar. Ha.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AthleticShark

Its not about being patient, I am patient. I could care less about the system really.It was more to point out the "Someone took you gamertag" problem and also as a lead in to a blatant advertise for that movie.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Dude, chill the fuck out. The system was just released, and thousands of people are trying to use it at once. If you don't like the fact that it can take a long time to fix things, get the hell out.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Artie

I put my gamertag up yesterday, I'm apparently behind two thousand other people.

That movie is pretty sickening though. Some parts are legitimate, while others are just like "wtf." For instance there was a guy who made a documentary about the Iraq War, and he was upset he got an R rating because of swearing. He claimed he was "accurately representing what life was over there" so he should've gotten PG-13. Which is stupid, swears are "bad" whether they're in real life or not. Seemed like a dumb point.

All the sex stuff was retarded, and the appeal process, and how they hide the identities, and don't have to explain which parts of the movies are questionable. Espeically the South Park guys, with Orgasmo they didn't get any feedback, with South Park they were told "this this and this." It's a bullshit sytem, but I think it's gotten better over the years.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
HellBound said:
Its not about being patient, I am patient. I could care less about the system really.It was more to point ... [more]
Yes, you are impatient, just shut the fuck up and wait.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jayge_

It took me 3 tries or so, but it worked. Wait patiently like everybody else and get the hell over it. It said your gamertag was taken because it already was- BY YOU. You need to remove it from your account before you can add it again. At the danger of going to the back of the queue.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By dsplayer1010

It just happened instantly for me.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Babble

The queue wasn't moving for a while but now it is, so yeah don't freak out.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By JJOR64
Weltal said:
Be patient and let them work out the issues.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

Because it's not working perfectly the day it was added? K, thx.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Snipzor

I saw the movie a while ago, quite excellent actually, Kirby Dick is good with these types of documentaries. I can't wait to see OUTRAGE.

/Oh, and be patient, the queue is moving.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Hamst3r

Hell yeah! ZERO! :D
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By mracoon
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pazy

Mine came up before I even knew acheivments were active on the site which is pretty awesome, but I guess since most people didnt already have it in there account theres got to be a lot of people in the list now. Though the fact that someone can "steal" your tag for the site is a problem but then again the only real way to stop it would be to make the site an microsoft passport network site (or similer) which no one wants or to make it so you have to send a message on Xbl/Wow to a GB/Whiskey Media developer who would then link it.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

God forbid they try something new lest the don't get it perfect. 

It will be great, they are putting a good amount of time into making something really cool for us. Chill out. 
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I am so sorry you have to wait maybe a couple days. /sarcasm

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

i think having a steam id achievment thing would be cool too

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Lots of people are still waiting, so take a fucking pill. And yes, EVERYONE who watches movies should see "This Film is Not Yet Rated". I will never give Hollywood another cent.

gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By gormers

Lawl, yes they should burn for giving us something free on an ad-free site^^

Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
lilburtonboy7489 said:
i think having a steam id achievment thing would be cool too
They are adding that later.
jmic75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jmic75
@HellBound:
Lol relax spaz, geeze mommy musta spoiled someone to get so upity about a free feature, it's not a 200 man website they need time to impliment things, besides what are you doing all day waiting in fron of the screen for it to update? Go outside, read a book do something. As to your #2 obviously it'll say that because you've already taken it (rolls eyes).
Benjamin_Sisko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Benjamin_Sisko

I have the 0 ahievement glitch. I can understand why it's taking  so long but it's just really annoying that they don't warn u about what to expect. They need to say "May take 15 mins. to 5 days" instead of telling me that I can expect it by the next hour. If they would just warn us about this crap I wouldn't be so upset.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pweidman

I clicked on the syncing button this morning and was prompted that I was 2149 or something in the queue, and then got a pm that it was linked in literally 2 minutes.  Sure they are still sorting things out and the interest in this deal is amazing I guess. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29  Edited By natetodamax
@Benjamin_Sisko: I seriously hope you are joking. You must be new to the internet. It takes a long time to fix things and get them just right. Complaining about something not working on a website the day it is released is just ignorant, and then whining about them not warning you is just stupid. Not everything is perfect, and they are fixing it as they go which is not a quick process.
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
Voxel said:
@Benjamin_Sisko: I seriously hope you are joking. You must be new to the internet. It takes a long time to ... [more]
Exactly. It isn't even that big of a deal, really. 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By mike

I know right!? Seriously. We all pay good money for the developers to be working on all of these cool new features for us to use with the site. I expect them to be done exactly right the first time, every time, and there should be no such thing as bugs with new features! This is an outrage.

Ok, I'm done being sarcastic. Get over it and be a little appreciative or don't say anything at all. Geezus.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By carlthenimrod

I've paid for MMOs that have launched more broken then this. Any kind of online system launches with problems.

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arjuna

ummm, I'm having no problems...  The achievement thing is awesome!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AthleticShark

Wow thanks for all the comments, but I mean people could have at least read my comment I left. I said I really couldn't give a crap that it was just a lead in to the movie. Shows how many people read comments now a days...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_
HellBound said:
Wow thanks for all the comments, but I mean people could have at least read my comment I left. I ... [more]
Nice cop-out.
Benjamin_Sisko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Benjamin_Sisko

How is that stupid? Do u even know what that word means???? Look, I don't think asking for a warning that says "There might be some problems, but we're working as hard as possible to make everything okay" is that big of a deal. I don't doubt that what they're doing is hard or that they're best to make things work. In just want them to freaking tell me that I'm going to have to wait 6 hours instead of 1 or tell me that my damn achievements aren't going to show up for a week. Don't give me this idea and then ruin it by not telling me that everything isn't ready yet.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ahriman22

It took half an hour for me and I set it up last night.

Stop having a hissy fit and get over it.

Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
Benjamin_Sisko said:
How is that stupid? Do u even know what that word means???? Look, I don't think asking for a warning ... [more]
They dont need to tell you anything. Have some sort of patience.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By jakob187

ZOMFG!  MUH ACHEEVMINTS AIN'T ON MUH PROFYLZ!!!

Boo hoo.  Cry more.  There's a lot of code to handle, and WoW's sites have been off and on the past two or three days.  Therefore, you can't expect perfection right off the bat.

Ya know, like PC gaming.  Give it a couple days or a week to settle down...THEN make your judgments.

The guys that run this site work hard to make it an incredible place...and so far...it's still the best gaming site on the web.  That's not an overexaggeration, either.  Giant Bomb is slowly but surely becoming the safe haven for gamers worldwide.  = D
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayge_
Benjamin_Sisko said:
How is that stupid? Do u even know what that word means???? Look, I don't think asking for a warning ... [more]
Because OBVIOUSLY whether or not your (fairly useless at this point) GiantBomb achievement syncing feature has succesfully retreived your account data IS A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH.
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
Jayge_ said:
Benjamin_Sisko said: How is that stupid? Do u even know what that word means???? Look, I don't think asking for ... [more]
SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
uploads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By uploads
Benjamin_Sisko said:
Your achievements must have been lost in the wormhole.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jakob187
AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AthleticShark

This whole arguement is pointless. For fucks sake people are defensive and or just plain a holes. Like really, who cares if I think the system is pointless or whatever people need to get over this shit already. I posted this as a blog and put it in the forums to get feed back, not to fucking get ripped apart over nothing. Jeebus Christ people, its the damn internet.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gambit

So you decided to make a blog post topic to advertis a movie and in an effort to get more people to look at it. You made the topic name and most of the blog post about something you knew would make many people angry. You sir are a TWAT.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayge_
HellBound said:
This whole arguement is pointless. For fucks sake people are defensive and or just plain a holes. Like really, who ... [more]
That is also known as "feedback." If you don't like it, don't solicit it.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! and so on.
Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hiashi

Stop bitching, its a free service.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jack_daniels

Wow... WORK NOW OR I BURN THE MOTHA FUCKER DOWN. That basically what I am hearing. Just chill out. You better have like 100,000 points to be this dedicated to getting your Achievements linked.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By pirate_republic

After 2 hours, and it wasn't working, I just removed the account and tried again, and it worked in half an hour.