• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

Is it really so controversial that it requires all dissent to be silenced? All of her videos were about criticizing and creating discussion. That being the case, why is everyone so opposed to the same discussion without heavy handed censorship silencing all opposition? Doesn't it seem hypocritical to anyone?

#2 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Oh right, no one is talking about that at all. Thanks for bringing it up.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -
#4 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

OH BOY LET'S HAVE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT HER, THIS IS CLEARLY THE WAY.

"she's a cunt"

"no she's not"

"fuck you"

"no fuck you"

there's that thread

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6726 posts) -

You mean besides all of the talking we already did? (and by "talking" I mean the flaming that every "controversy" devolves into)

#6 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

You are the worst 

Negged (flagged)

#7 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

Uh, what's the scandal?

#8 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Sure, go ahead and flag people you disagree with. Anita would be proud.

#9 Posted by OmegaChosen (647 posts) -

I have no idea what any of this is about.

#10 Posted by Jube (3 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

The fact that she ran off with over $100k?

It boggles my mind that people thought she needed people to send her both thousands of dollars as well as games (and critisism of games) to create some flamebait videos.

And then no-one even cared when she never made the videos...

#11 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

She stole $160,000 from her investors.

#12 Posted by purplriev (6 posts) -

Because if you disagree with Anita Sarkeesian and have legit criticism, you get ignored.

If you throw shit at her, they throw the spotlight on you, use you as an excuse to call every male a sexist and lift every clue of responsibility from women.

On the other hand, if you point out that she's half a year late with her videos and that she scammed everyone, you get banned too.

#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

@Jube said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

It boggles my mind that people thought she needed people to send her both thousands of dollars as well as games (and critisism of games) to create some flamebait videos.

Oh yeah, we definitely talked about her being a fraud. I'm not sure there's much more to say.

#14 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -
@plzdnt404 said:

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Sure, go ahead and flag people you disagree with. Anita would be proud.

No I dont disagree with you, Im flagging you because youre posting with an alt.  Post this with your real account if this isnt such a big issue.  
#15 Posted by DeathByWaffle (655 posts) -

I am also unaware of this scandal.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@Jube said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

You're actually creating multiple account just to have arguments about this?

#17 Posted by SgtSphynx (1572 posts) -

Two words: Old News

And actually not even really "news"

#18 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@plzdnt404 said:

No I dont disagree with you, Im flagging you because youre posting with an alt. Post this with your real account if this isnt such a big issue.

^^^ THIS ^^^

This shit has been talked to death anyway. Enough.

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6726 posts) -

Three new accounts in one thread saying the same thing, and you expect anybody to believe it's three different people?

... Okay, then...

#20 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

@plzdnt404:Dude, stop making accounts. That's just sad.

#21 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: The nature of her fans demands that i use an alt, lest i be labeled a sexist misogynist cis gendered male, get banned, then used in her videos.

#22 Posted by purplriev (6 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

@Jube said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

Oh yeah, we definitely talked about her being a fraud. I'm not sure there's much more to say.

There's more to say as long as she doesn't deliver.

This is tax evasion, friend.

#23 Edited by Jube (3 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@Jube said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

You seriously responded with that... "I have no argument so I'll accuse you of being a sock puppet!!111oneone"

GG

#24 Posted by purplriev (6 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Three new accounts in one thread saying the same thing, and you expect anybody to believe it's three different people?

... Okay, then...

People can't risk posting with their main accounts since they get banned if they disagree.

#25 Posted by RecSpec (3949 posts) -

Freedom of speech applies to the GOVERNMENT, not a privately owned website. WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT!? Do they even teach Civics anymore!?

#26 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Some ban hammers need to be brought down in here.

#27 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Picture > inevitable thousand words

#28 Posted by Jube (3 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

... Okay, then...

Thread got linked to on /v/...

Paranoia levels run high tonight I see though.

#29 Posted by RagNaggle_Bags_and_Tags (7 posts) -

@ShaggE: You're right, dude. On the other side of the coin, since there are several other people saying "let's not talk about it, enough has been said", you are obviously all alts of someone who is preaching the Sarkeesian agenda. Just because your accounts have been open longer doesn't mean that they can't be alts.

#30 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

@ShaggE: Believe it.

#31 Edited by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@Jube said:

@McGhee said:

@Jube said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Uh, what's the scandal?

You seriously responded with that... "I have no argument so I'll accuse you of being a sock puppet!!111oneone"

GG

I don't know anything about this woman. I don't care. I just think you are the OP and have created multiple accounts and a stupid thread. It makes me laugh.

#32 Posted by WasabiCurry (425 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg: @MarkWahlberg said:

@McGhee said:

It is priceless

#33 Posted by YOUNGLINK (552 posts) -

Anita who?

#34 Edited by ShaggE (6726 posts) -

@purplriev said:

@ShaggE said:

... Okay, then...

People can't risk posting with their main accounts since they get banned if they disagree.

If that's the case, why are you so worried about risking your main? If you think this site is so against free speech, one would think you'd not be concerned about your account.

EDIT: Oh for fuck's sake. I see what this is. You got banned and can't take your lumps. That's really sad, man.

#35 Posted by purplriev (6 posts) -

@Kerned said:

Don't get out of your bubble, some arguments might hurt your feelings.

Let's ban people instead.

#36 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@WasabiCurry said:

@MarkWahlberg: @MarkWahlberg said:

@McGhee said:

It is priceless

There is also the timeless

#37 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5416 posts) -

@purplriev said:

@ShaggE said:

... Okay, then...

Not really, The only way I could see you being banned for discussing the subject is if you were attacking someone instead of talking reasonably. Maybe you threw a bitch-fit at somebody and that's why you were banned?

#38 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@purplriev said:

@Kerned said:

It has nothing to do with the arguments being made (which I happen to agree with you on), it's about the fact that you are creating multiple alts for the purpose of stirring up controversy in the forums.

#39 Posted by Darson (448 posts) -

Inb4lock.

I also believe this has nothing to do with Anitasarkwhowhatever and is really a political conspiracy geared towards Giant Bomb's evil dictatorship.

#40 Posted by plzdnt404 (6 posts) -

@ShaggE:How are you this stupid?

#41 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

This turtle is orange.

#42 Posted by RecSpec (3949 posts) -
@purplriev said:

@RecSpec said:

Freedom of speech applies to the GOVERNMENT, not a privately owned website. WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT!? Do they even teach Civics anymore!?

So that's somehow an excuse for a site to become a self moderating shithole with politically correct zombies doing nothing but agreeing with each other.

We're not agreeing with you. PROGRESS!
#43 Posted by Yummylee (22587 posts) -

This is priceless.

#44 Posted by RockyRaccoon37 (468 posts) -

@purplriev said:

@Kerned said:

You don't have an argument.

Or a life as it turns out.

#45 Edited by ShaggE (6726 posts) -

@plzdnt404 said:

@ShaggE:How are you this stupid?

I don't think you know the definition of the word, or you'd see the inherent irony of accusing somebody of being so while stirring up an old controversy because you can't take your ban.

Edit: Ah, /v/. That explains everything.

#46 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

This isn't NeoGAF so stop making multiple alts.

She stole peoples money but since she did in the name of feminism it's ok.

This thread has been posted on /v/ by the way.

#47 Posted by ThatCorg (3 posts) -

I like how there's little to no discussion of the topic but just questioning of the poster's credibility.

#48 Posted by RecSpec (3949 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:

This turtle is orange.

Red turtle....red turtle...red...herring? . Spoonman is behind the alts! I've cracked the case!
#49 Posted by RecSpec (3949 posts) -
@Darson said:
Inb4lock.  I also believe this has nothing to do with Anitasarkwhowhatever and is really a political conspiracy geared towards Giant Bomb's evil dictatorship.
I can't tell if you're real or just another one. Double digit post, better go with the full wipe.
#50 Posted by OmegaChosen (647 posts) -

@ThatCorg said:

I like how there's little to no discussion of the topic but just questioning of the poster's credibility.

You're not fooling anyone one-post-alt.