#1 Edited by Alexandru (301 posts) -

As the title says, will a USB stick brought from Europe work in USA? Will the difference in electricity affect it in any way?

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

What? I wasn't aware there was a difference.

#3 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

Tension? It will work. We send stuff to my little bro in Australia (from the US) all the time.

#4 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -

Yeah, Windows (and OSX) are the same at the core across language barriers.

#5 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1777 posts) -

Uh... USB v X.X itself is a standard. Yes of course it will work.

Online
#6 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

The U in USB stands for Universal.

The answer is yes.

#7 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

as long as you don't tell the stick where you are you will be fine. if it finds out though then im not sure.

#8 Posted by Harkat (1090 posts) -

Of course it will, you racist.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

You don't have to worry, all USB's use 5 volts, every where. Whether you are in Europe or the US

#10 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

@YoThatLimp said:

Tension? It will work. We send stuff to my little bro in Australia (from the US) all the time.

Australia is in Europe?

#11 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

@YoThatLimp said:

Tension? It will work. We send stuff to my little bro in Australia (from the US) all the time.

Australia is in Europe?

Kudos, that is exactly what I meant; you are sharp as a tack.

This is a gaming forum. As such, I am sure he knows that different countries use different power voltages and media comes in different region formats. I was attempting to relate to the OP with my anecdote about sending stuff to my little brother internationally and calm his fears about his Universal Serial Bus not working in another country.

#12 Posted by Alexandru (301 posts) -

@YoThatLimp said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

@YoThatLimp said:

Tension? It will work. We send stuff to my little bro in Australia (from the US) all the time.

Australia is in Europe?

Kudos, that is exactly what I meant; you are sharp as a tack.

This is a gaming forum. As such, I am sure he knows that different countries use different power voltages and media comes in different region formats. I was attempting to relate to the OP with my anecdote about sending stuff to my little brother internationally and calm his fears about his Universal Serial Bus not working in another country.

You are right. Australia is a PAL region just like Europe. I knew that.

#13 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

"Universal serial bus". Yes it will work.

#14 Posted by Szlifier (464 posts) -

This thread is amazing.

Online
#15 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@Szlifier said:

This thread is amazing.

#16 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -

Absolutely not.

#17 Posted by stinky (1545 posts) -

never.

british binary is would be written like 1100 while in the US its 0011.

#18 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

If it doesn't work, then it's broken.

#19 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -
@stinky said:

never.

british binary is would be written like 1100 while in the US its 0011.

British binary has a u in it.
#20 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Gotta watch out for them PAL-USB sticks, kid! Yo shit will be all in black and white!

Online
#21 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Yes ofcourse it works.

#22 Posted by sparks50 (370 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

as long as you don't tell the stick where you are you will be fine. if it finds out though then im not sure.

Drop it in a sock and drive around the block two or three times before you go.

#23 Posted by SpaceRunaway (809 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Szlifier said:

This thread is amazing.

#24 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

USB is universal everybody knows that GAWD

#25 Posted by Szlifier (464 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

@stinky said:

never.

british binary is would be written like 1100 while in the US its 0011.

British binary has a u in it.

Just replace every 0U with 0 and you'll be fine.

Online