#1 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -
...joins Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles movie

Finally fulfilling the prophecy he foretold in the first run of Arrested Development, Will Arnett has made a huge mistake by getting cast in Michael Bay's increasingly depressing Ninja Turtles reboot. The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Arnett has been signed on in an undisclosed role in the movie, joining Megan Fox as April O'Neil in what will most assuredly be a film that is both respectful to the fans and the source material. He'll also be joined by Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard, Alan Ritchson, and Noel Fisher as the titular turtles who will make us wonder why we ever cared about martial arts reptiles in the first place.

Not much has been revealed about the role Arnett will play in the movie, aside from the fact that he has not been cast as sports-themed antihero, Casey Jones. Aside from Casey, both Splinter, the turtles' rodent mentor, and their aptly named villain, the Shredder, have yet to be assigned actors on this doomed venture. It's hard to imagine Arnett in either role, hanging around sewers or allowing so many blades near his $3,000 suit. On the other hand, perhaps there's more to this announcement and this new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is just another in a long line of attempts to retool Arnett's NBC sitcom Up All Night, where he will now star as a landlord whose tenants are four wacky, pizza-loving, green dudes because whatever.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

Aside from Casey, both Splinter, the turtles' rodent mentor, and their aptly named villain, the Shredder, have yet to be assigned actors on this doomed venture. It's hard to imagine Arnett in either role

Which means we know he's playing both.

#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

His role would be perfect, anything from Leonardo to the pizza. He would rock an awesome fake-Jonah Jameson.. Bebop, Rocksteady.

#4 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (2596 posts) -

Michael Bay should just end this all and cast Vanilla Ice. Even better Will Arnett as Vanilla Ice. GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO!

#5 Posted by Epidehl (264 posts) -

I still could have sworn that around the time that script leaked out that this movie was cancelled. Now suddenly people are being cast. What the hell is going on?

#6 Posted by mrpandaman (836 posts) -

He's actually the model for the turtles. Just put a blue, red, orange, and purple sash on his head and give him a turtle shell and there you have it.

#7 Edited by cmblasko (1006 posts) -

Please tell me this is just one of his illusions.

@epidehl said:

I still could have sworn that around the time that script leaked out that this movie was cancelled. Now suddenly people are being cast. What the hell is going on?

I think it was close to being scrapped until Michael Bay got attached to it... or something?

#8 Edited by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

As long as we get a horrible, hilarious videogame adaptation of this movie, I'll be okay with it.

#9 Posted by Daneian (1172 posts) -

#10 Edited by pyromagnestir (3950 posts) -

@wrighteous86:

I like how you seem to be referring to yourself in the majestic plural form as "we" or "us" or "our" in pretty much all of your posts now. That is all I have to say, as I have zero interest in this movie or any of it's casting choices.

#11 Posted by davo (141 posts) -

This thread tastes of sad.

#12 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@wrighteous86:

I like how you seem to be referring to yourself in the majestic plural form as "we" or "us" or "our" in pretty much all of your posts now. That is all I have to say, as I have zero interest in this movie or any of it's casting choices.

This was actually a freelance submission for AV Club, so that's just kinda their format. Aside from that, I guess my Wretrospectives? I'm pretentious, I'm cool with it.

...I just blue myself.

#13 Edited by JasonR86 (9374 posts) -

Dude has got to get paid.

#14 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

@epidehl said:

Rumors are it has just recently gone into production for a June 2014 release.

My guess is Will is some kind of wacky military guy that is supposed to catch the alien turtles that escaped from his base, but near the end realizes that they are heroes and helps them fight the evil Krangs.

(This is all accurate to the leaked script, by the way.)

#15 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m39cn7WlJV1qbpgmso1_500.jpg

#16 Posted by Butano (1681 posts) -

As long as we get a horrible, hilarious videogame adaptation of this movie, I'll be okay with it.

What's scary is that the gameplay released on the upcoming TMNT game actually looks pretty awesome. Basically a 4-player Arkham Asylum with butt-ugly turtles.

#17 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4439 posts) -

#18 Edited by bartok (2371 posts) -

Things Will Arnett has done that haven't sucked after Arrested Development - I am drawing a blank at least Michael Cera had Scott Pilgrim

#19 Posted by Milkman (16227 posts) -

First, you break Amy Poehler's heart and now this. You're on thin ice, Arnett.

#20 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

I was gonna say Casey Jones before that second paragraph.