will he be like bush or be a jfk

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Where's the "I'm not a fucking prophet" option?

warthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By warthog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od8bcCvX3jU

and www.theobamaforum.com
creepy

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

new deal 2!!!

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bullet_Jr

If he does, good for him, he's doing the job he was elected to do. If he doesn't, I don't care, America was starting to suck anyways.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

What do you mean by save, what exactly are your referring to?, the economic situation and future prosperity in the face of rising global powers, what exactly?

The American people will save the USA, if they need saving, they have taken the first step..

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By tekmojo

Puppets can't save anything.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Save the USA from what?

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bullet_Jr
MattyFTM said:
"Save the USA from what?"
If the answer is scabies, than he's doing a damn good job. Obama is an advocate for safe sex, rather than abstinence, which makes him my second fav president yet.

Clinton was the best because he was a smooth player from the streets that knew how to get his. Plus he was a chubby chaser, which is great for a chuckle (I don't care, there are plenty of BBWs in the world and so little time).
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kr3lian

I think asking whether Obama will "save the USA" is the wrong way to think about things, and it is borderline flame-baiting.

Will his administration pursue policies that help rather than hurt?  Time will tell, but I like and respect the fact that he is trying new things, and does not appear to be bound by the old ideological conventions (although some people would argue that, if the government attempts to do anything at all, it is a "liberal" government.  These people are stupid).

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By Geno

If he pumps money into science and tech, yes. If not, then no.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Death_Unicorn
Bullet_Jr said:
"MattyFTM said:
If the answer is scabies, than he's doing a damn good job. Obama is an advocate for safe sex, rather than abstinence, which makes him my second fav president yet.Clinton was the best because he was a smooth player from the streets that knew how to get his. Plus he was a chubby chaser, which is great for a chuckle (I don't care, there are plenty of BBWs in the world and so little time)."
JFK and Marilyn Manson, ooh yeah.
bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bombHills

If he is really for change and ends the war on drugs which would save thousands of lives, billions of dollars, and put a stopper on corruption.  That would be a start anyway

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
Kr3lian said:
"I think asking whether Obama will "save the USA" is the wrong way to think about things, and it is borderline flame-baiting.Will his administration pursue policies that help rather than hurt?  Time will tell, but I like and respect the fact that he is trying new things, and does not appear to be bound by the old ideological conventions (although some people would argue that, if the government attempts to do anything at all, it is a "liberal" government.  These people are stupid)."
This. 
Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Guardian

Define "Save America"

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bullet_Jr
bombHills said:
"If he is really for change and ends the war on drugs which would save thousands of lives, billions of dollars, and put a stopper on corruption.  That would be a start anyway"
If by "end the war on drugs" you mean "stop throwing money away" than I agree.

Drugs have always been around and always will be. It's not wise to dedicate so much money on an unconquerable cause.
MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MC_Izawa
I'm gonna let it all go to Hell then come in like Hank in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court,
I will wow the dazed, confused, stupid, and possibly radiated American public with my knowledge of dynamite and other such 'witchcraft.'
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Of course not. He has already shown by passing this laughable "stimulus" that he has no idea what the hell to do.

The only phrases he can say are: "we need more credit" and "we need regulation" and my personal favorite "the free market caused this".

There is not a shred of evidence that should make a person think Obama will help anything. However, there is loads of evidence for him making mater much worse.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19  Edited By granderojo
warthog said:
"will he be like bush or be a jfk"
JFK was not that great of a president.

He was an amazing speaker, but he also got us into the Vietnam war, he ran on the platform of taking care of the vietcong without nukes.

He won his election on the campaign promise of going to war with vietcong.
Primetime_Ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primetime_Ed

Probably not, but who knows, he could totally surprise us

Avatar image for thesixthhorseman
TheSixthHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheSixthHorseman

Depression by the end of 2010; you heard it here first folks.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

wow, bunch of pessimists in here eh?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

The question should be... Will Obama save me from myself? No.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine

He will if the stimulus package is different then the New Deal in the right areas.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By TomA
MattyFTM said:
You've got to be kidding,the USA needs saving more than Britney Spears needs to get out of the news.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26  Edited By dsplayer1010

I sure hope so

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
TheSixthHorseman said:
"Depression by the end of 2010; you heard it here first folks."
Nah, sooner than that.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Wolverine said:
"He will if the stimulus package is different then the New Deal in the right areas."
No such thing as government stimulus...
OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yes. I imagine it will go something like this.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'd bet my life on it, OneEyedNinja7!

luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By luthorcrow
thabigred said:
"warthog said:
JFK was not that great of a president.He was an amazing speaker, but he also got us into the Vietnam war, he ran on the platform of taking care of the vietcong without nukes...."

Wow, are your actually suggestion that we should have used nukes in Vietnam?

I think the question is completely off.  Stop asking whether Obama can save the day and start helping to make it happen.  Honestly, I don't understand how people like Rush are not getting a major backlash for being unpatriotic and treasonous in wish our President to fail.  If he fails the country fails.  This not game football, its the future of our fucking country.  Watching the RCN apologize  to clown just shows how bereft of a soul that party is that a pill popping jackass is pulling the strings.  I mean that would be like Howard Stern being taking seriously by Obama.

Its almost surreal that this actually part of the national discourse.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By End_Boss

I'm hoping that the recession/depression will save America.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By singular

If you people want him to save the USA all on his own you have to make him a dictator. But hey, you Americans are smart people and a little "economic downturn" probably won't endanger the US. :)

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Mushir

People are expecting too much from Obama. They think he is gonna fix everything thats wrong in the world.

I hope he does well, and Im pretty sure he is gonna be better than Bush.
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By BiG_Weasel
End_Boss said:
"I'm hoping that the recession/depression will save America."
You nailed it. The only person that can save America is the man on the street. Looking to gov't to fix problems is completely the wrong way to go. Public opinion is against the TARP money, the bank bailout, and every gov't expenditure yet they're ignoring the public and doing it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but democracy's supposed to be majority rule...and if the majority of the population doesn't want something, and the gov't goes forward with it, that's a dictatorship.

Eventually, they'll spend all the taxpayer dollars in a wasted effort to save a few greedy companies who were abusing power, and end up ruining the country. We'll be broke, and we'll be a non-entity in the world.  Within 3 years, the US's position as a "superpower" will be gone. We won't be a third world country, but we'll have no leverage- political, technological, military, or economic- to make a dent in the world.
iyaoyas615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iyaoyas615

He is not the solution the people of the good ole' US of A are! 

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thebipsnbeeps
Death_Unicorn said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"MattyFTM said:
If the answer is scabies, than he's doing a damn good job. Obama is an advocate for safe sex, rather than abstinence, which makes him my second fav president yet.Clinton was the best because he was a smooth player from the streets that knew how to get his. Plus he was a chubby chaser, which is great for a chuckle (I don't care, there are plenty of BBWs in the world and so little time)."
JFK and Marilyn Manson, ooh yeah."
Pssst...I think you mean Marilyn Monroe, unless you wanted people to have some weird JFK-Marilyn Manson images in their heads (eww...)
Anyways, is it cool if I can just hope? Or is that a bad thing?

Bellum said:
"Where's the "I'm not a fucking prophet" option?"

Package

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Package

the way bush and his fellow RepubliCUNTS left this country. 

no one can save us
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39  Edited By granderojo
Luthorcrow said:
"thabigred said:
"warthog said:
JFK was not that great of a president.He was an amazing speaker, but he also got us into the Vietnam war, he ran on the platform of taking care of the vietcong without nukes...."

Wow, are your actually suggestion that we should have used nukes in Vietnam?

I think the question is completely off.  Stop asking whether Obama can save the day and start helping to make it happen.  Honestly, I don't understand how people like Rush are not getting a major backlash for being unpatriotic and treasonous in wish our President to fail.  If he fails the country fails.  This not game football, its the future of our fucking country.  Watching the RCN apologize  to clown just shows how bereft of a soul that party is that a pill popping jackass is pulling the strings.  I mean that would be like Howard Stern being taking seriously by Obama.

Its almost surreal that this actually part of the national discourse.
"
1. I am suggesting we should had never gotten involved in that war, regardless of using nukes we killed over a million vietcong, we might as well had nuked them, it was the same outcome.

2.  This is a free country, if Rush Limbaugh wants to rant on about whatever he wants he is free to do so, even if he does come off as a complete idiot.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Commando

I don't think he will. He's already prolonged our suffering by signing the Trillion dollar bailout. Sure it's a good temporary fix, but when Hyper-inflation kicks in, we're screwed.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#41  Edited By LordAndrew
JJWeatherman said:
"wow, bunch of pessimists in here eh?"
I like to think that people are trying to be realistic.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By super_machine

We already swallowed the poison years ago.

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kr3lian
BiG_Weasel said:
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but democracy's supposed to be majority rule...and if the majority of the population doesn't want something, and the gov't goes forward with it, that's a dictatorship."

You're wrong, elected governments do unpopular things all of the time.  They are held accountable during election time.  It would be disastrous to try to rn a country on opinion polls.  Consider yourself corrected :)
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BODDAH

Since when is JFK the standard for achievement?

luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By luthorcrow
thabigred said:
1. I am suggesting we should had never gotten involved in that war, regardless of using nukes we killed over a million vietcong, we might as well had nuked them, it was the same outcome.
2.  This is a free country, if Rush Limbaugh wants to rant on about whatever he wants he is free to do so, even if he does come off as a complete idiot."
Hhhmm.  If you have any Japanese friends I think you will find there is lot more repercussions to an atomic bomb that go way beyond the number of people killed for that exceed the normal surfing and loss of a war.  But I will give you this, Kennedy is not the peace maker that Oliver Stone and some folks which to remember him as.

As for Rush, I never said he should be taken off the air.  He can say what he wants but I am still amazed that there hasn't been a greater backlash against his unpatriotic and treasonous speech.   Freedom is a two way street.  You can say whatever you want but you must also be prepared to deal with the fallout from what you say.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I was not aware that the US needed saving. We still have the strongest military in the world, the economy of nearly every country in the world is in the tank (not just us), and we're still run on a representative government. Things will pan out nicely.

Well, unless the government decides it's intelligent enough to "fix" the economy. We know that will go well. *facepalm*

Avatar image for prowlingmongoose
prowlingmongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By prowlingmongoose

No matter the size of our military, it is undeniable that we need to focus our priorities. Sure, military matters, but we need to stop thinking that we're at the top of the ladder and start developing our government so it works for an increase in living quality for all our citizens. 

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By Gunner
prowlingmongoose said:
"No matter the size of our military, it is undeniable that we need to focus our priorities. Sure, military matters, but we need to stop thinking that we're at the top of the ladder and start developing our government so it works for an increase in living quality for all our citizens. "
history has taught us that the nation with the strongest military is the strongest nation. But in order to have a strong military, you need a strong economy.

take Rome for example. They didnt conquor 3/4 of the known world by just having a good government, hell they had one of the most corrupt and twisted governments in all of political history yet they became the most powerful nation known to man even topping Nazi Germany during its peak.
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BODDAH
Package said:
"the way bush and his fellow RepubliCUNTS left this country. 

no one can save us
"
Republicunts?

What?

I mean, really??
figmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By figmo
Kr3lian said:
"I think asking whether Obama will "save the USA" is the wrong way to think about things, and it is borderline flame-baiting.Will his administration pursue policies that help rather than hurt?  Time will tell, but I like and respect the fact that he is trying new things, and does not appear to be bound by the old ideological conventions (although some people would argue that, if the government attempts to do anything at all, it is a "liberal" government.  These people are stupid)."
if he was trying new things he would have gotten rid of the federal reserve.  if he's trying new thing, we would not be comparing his stimulus as the second new deal.  if he was trying new things, our government would be transparent and power would come from bottom up versus top down.  the democrats and republican should merge back to the old democrat-republican party.  the are one and the same now.  how can you have fresh ideas when, you still sleep with the hands that feed you (corporations/lobbyists/unions)?

obama is still running under the old ideological conventions.  hence there will be no change to this warped and old machine.  people will continue to suffer and the divide would grow greater and greater.