#1 Posted by Johnnboy2000 (112 posts) -

i know alot of people seen the moive already but i will be going this weekend but now i fell wird about seeing it with what happion last night. i have a feeling that this movie will forever be licked wits fucked out dude and what he did. like to know what you guys and gals thingk

#2 Posted by Johnnboy2000 (112 posts) -

p.s sorry for all of the typos i did this on my phone.

#3 Posted by Beforet (2916 posts) -

Me feeling sad when I see it tonight will do nothing to change what's been done.

#4 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Johnnboy2000 said:

licked wits fucked out dude

#5 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

This is a terrible OP and no.

#6 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Nope!

#7 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

We really don't need another thread on this, but to answer your question, no. The tragedy and the film are completely separate in my mind.

#8 Posted by Harkat (1101 posts) -

No. That tragedy and the movie itself occupy very different areas of my brain.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Who are you calling dark knight experience, bro?

#10 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

It'll put on a fucking damper on the whole situation. Such a waste of life, now associated (unfairly) with something many people cherish and adore. In the face of such evil, it's hard to think of anything to say that would do the situation justice. In times like these, only a moment will suffice.

WB has no incentive or any real pressure on them to aid the families of the victims, but that is the absolute least thing they can do, and should do.

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

I wasn't going to see it in theaters anyway, but if I were planning to after this shooting, I still would.

#12 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

No. Still gonna feel bad that it happened, but it won't ruin the movie for me.

#13 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

What happened is a truly sad thing. However I don't think it will affect my enjoyment of the film.

#14 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Just like all tragedies this will be something that will eventually be forgotten by the general public. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but that's just reality. Also, I think people might remember that it's a thing that happened, but I doubt it will really effect the movie and how people remember the actual movie.

#15 Edited by BrockSampson (299 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: Why would Warner Brothers get involved in any way? Or rather, why should they?

And since I already saw it last night at midnight the question isn't completely relevant to me. But if I hadn't, it would have literally no effect on my enjoyment. To me they are two completely separate things.

#16 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA said:

It'll put on a fucking damper on the whole situation. Such a waste of life, now associated (unfairly) with something many people cherish and adore. In the face of such evil, it's hard to think of anything to say that would do the situation justice. In times like these, only a moment will suffice.

WB has no incentive or any real pressure on them to aid the families of the victims, but that is the absolute least thing they can do, and should do.

No they shouldn't because I think the only thing that could look like is a publicity stunt. If anything, the theater should be responsible, and even that's a stretch. Nobody expects these things to happen and when they do happen you can't put blame on anyone but the bastard with the gun.

#17 Posted by TruthTellah (8754 posts) -

I say we shouldn't allow the violent and extreme to sway our lives. In the face of such horror, we should go out and enjoy movies, just as people went out and flew on planes after 9/11 or went back to school after Columbine. This week, I will be going to the movies to see the Dark Knight Rises, and I hope everyone else looking forward to the movie will go out, too.

#19 Posted by Johnnboy2000 (112 posts) -

I do think I will still injoy the movie. I know that the two things have nothing to do with each other. I think I worded theis topic and question wrongly . Ruine is a harsh word I should of use skued or somthing less harsh and I know me feeling wired is just a momentary respons and ill get over it ,but After reading news reports and people's reactions saying they will stay way from going to the movies theraters in general I wanted to see what people thought. I wasn't trying to be Calais or anything. Sorry if i offend anyone.

#20 Posted by Mcfart (1605 posts) -

Unless I personally knew one of the victims, why should I let a couple of dead people in another country ruin my movie experience? People die all the time from stupid shit. Get over it.

#21 Posted by Schmollian (260 posts) -

You think I am going to let that psychotic cunt ruin my enjoyment of a potentially good movie? That mother fucker killed twelve human beings. That mother FUCKER walked up to a three month year old baby and shot them point blank. Fuck that douchbag! He's worthless, and he doesn't deserve to be breathing the same air that I am breathing, let alone does he deserve my attention. He has gotten enough already. He deserves to get the death penalty and to be forever forgotten.

I am going to enjoy the SHIT out of The Dark Knight Rises!

#22 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

The shooting has nothing to do with the movie. It could have occurred anywhere.

#23 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

also, God bless any of the affected parties.

#24 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Unless someone comes into my theater and shoots me and everyone else. No. It won't be ruined.

#25 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

People die horribly everywhere in the world every single day. If that stops you from living life and looking for enjoyment, then the bad guys win.

#26 Posted by Roger778 (957 posts) -

No, it won't, although I still feel bad about what happened.

#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I wasn't going to see it, but if I was it wouldn't bother me. A lot more people are being killed all around the world all the time in much more horrific ways and no one thinks about them. Don't see why this would be any different.

#29 Posted by MethodMan008 (809 posts) -

I don't see why anyone would associate the two. An insane person did something crazy. People get murdered in banks, grocery stores, retail stores, etc.. Does that damper your experience there as well?

#30 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Ofcourse not, even though i'm sad about what happened in Colorado, it will not change my opinion of the movie.

#31 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Look. What happened was horrible and tragic, and I pray for the families and victims, but to answer your question...

Nope, I actually want to see it again.

#32 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

No. It's a tragic story, and I'll probably be thinking about it a lot this weekend, but I think once the movie starts I'll be pretty much entirely engaged.

#33 Posted by bennyboy (328 posts) -

Hey here's a counterargument. What if the incident (which has obviously achieved much more widespread media coverage than your typical bank robbery or grocery store shooting) has inspired other psycho crazies to want to one up him, thereby increasing the odds of a second shoot out occuring? Maybe that'll deter some people from wanting to go watch it, at least so soon after?

Just a thought...

But anyway, to answer the question, I am still planning on watching it this Sunday and am still very much excited :)