#1 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Ron Paul is the only guy that will fix the bullshit in our country.

#3 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.

#4 Posted by Thoseposers (782 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Ron Paul is the only guy that will fix the bullshit in our country.

I thought the Ron Paul hype on the internet was kind of weird for a while but now that i've seen some clips of him and what he stands for and his attitude i would totally love for him to be president.

#5 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: That's who everyone is talking about around here. I call him Ronald Paul though.
#6 Posted by Kinsella (59 posts) -

Terrible idea for a thread. Terrible.
#7 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I will be voting in 2014.

#8 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@Kinsella: FACIST!
#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Ron Paul won at CPAC and Fox News played an old tape of him getting booed, then claimed it was an accident.

#10 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

This thread won't end well, especially with stupid images like the one Belonpopo just posted. 

#11 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

Ron Paul!

#12 Posted by Chet_Rippo (235 posts) -

Politics is the best thing to talk about in a video game website

#13 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@Surkov: I just upload more then.
#14 Posted by gamefreak9 (2356 posts) -

Although Obama has good intentions, i don't think he managed to contribute enough... that debt ceiling tax extension was unacceptable... 

#15 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I'll vote for Rick Perry to be the next model they use on Brawny paper towels.

#16 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

We also have presidential elections in 2012 in France and I will probably vote the Chasse, Peche et Nature (Hunting, Fishing and Nature) party because lol
#17 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

Video games are synonymous with politics. The best place to have a heated political discussion is on a website who's front page features a video of dog football.

#18 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

@Belonpopo: That picture is brilliant.

#19 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.

#20 Posted by DocHaus (1324 posts) -

I might just vote Green Party because at this point, does it really fucking matter?

#21 Posted by Toxin066 (3271 posts) -

Ron Paul, baby.

#22 Posted by Bocam (3705 posts) -

@ryanwho: This

#23 Posted by Ksaw (342 posts) -

@Belonpopo said:

I'll be voting for the first time in November 2012 (turn 18 in September 2012). I won't vote to re-elect Barack Obama, though I'll go with a conservative party member in the end.

Yeah, the Bush administration had nothing to with the economy taking a dive.

#24 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I will not be voting.

#25 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Probably Obama.   

Just so that I can spend the next four years saying about the inevitable Republican victor, "He's not my President!"

#26 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@endless_void said:
I don't live in the states, but if I did, I would definitely pick obama. I find it hilarious that after Bush, people want another conservative as president.
because all conservatives = Bush?
#27 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:

No, most of them are worse.

#28 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

I will be voting, most likely not for Obama (not that it's really going to matter). That said, I am not very pleased with any of the alternatives either.

It seems like this election is going to be much like the last one where I essentially just pick the lesser of two evils...

#29 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Ron Paul won at CPAC and Fox News played an old tape of him getting booed, then claimed it was an accident.

Hilarious.
#30 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@Ksaw said:

@Belonpopo said:

It has nothing to do with any specific president and everything to do with the Federal Reserve, the out of control spending from both parties, and the removal of industry from the U.S.

#31 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@Vadis said:

Politics is the best thing to talk about in a video game website

Oh, shut up.  This is the off topic forum.  What, you want us to talk about video games here too?  
#32 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:

Good sir, I take your silly liberal views and slam them on the floor.
#33 Posted by Chet_Rippo (235 posts) -

@Meowshi: No, I was just anticipating this turning into a massive argument like most political discussions do. Looks like it's going alright though.

#34 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@endless_void said:
Bush's policy=/= policy of all conservatives. 
He supported a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Not something a true conservative like Rick Perry will consider doing unless he gets a vision from god or something.
#35 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -
@No0b0rAmA said:
@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:

Instead of name-calling, you would really make him look silly by pointing out all the differences between Bush, and the leading Republican candidates.   

Just sayin'.
#36 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Enigma777 said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

@endless_void said:

Don't even get me started on the democrats!

I don't care if our government is big or small, I just want it to work! Everyone needs to stop arguing about stupid shit like abortions, gun and gay rights and fucking fix this country before it goes to shit. The economy is already falling apart and good luck trying to find a job out there right now. But nooooo, they're all too busy arguing over crap and trying to push their own agendas so they can get re-elected. Bunch of self-serving bastards...

#37 Posted by JacDG (2117 posts) -

I think Obama is the best option right now, since I find most of the liberal candiates.... crazy, Ron Paul seems to be a great dude even though I don't agree with him on a lot of subjects. From what I've seen he sounds reasonable, I like his stance against the wars amongst other things. With that said, politics these days suck, nobody seems to be willing to give up some position for the betterment of their country.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Voting? *laughs* Oh, you humans and your stupid traditions.

#39 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -
#40 Posted by NTM (7320 posts) -

I really don't like voting. And I don't like voting for a single leader. I want to lead the world! Ha ha. I want real independence for not only the U.S. but for humanity; though without a president, I don't see any real positive alternative (unfortunately). So, although I don't like voting, I do it anyways. I feel I should.

#41 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -

I'm not American but I follow your politics and I would have a really hard time to find a candidate for me.
Obama did a bad job sticking to his promises. Guantanamo, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Cap and Trade, ending the wars and his whole government reforming stuff. Also he brought even more Wall Street into the White House than Bush did.
The Republicans acted like children during the debt limit discussion. This whole oath to never raise taxes thing is stupid and makes for really bad compromises, the heart of democracy. Tea Party isn't helping them, either.

Well...good luck you guys.

#42 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him in primaries just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

#43 Edited by Intro (1206 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

Although Obama has good intentions, i don't think he managed to contribute enough... that debt ceiling tax extension was unacceptable...

Ya, I like Obama, but I don't think everything he's doing is working out.

I'll be 18 then and will probably be voting Ron Paul, even though my entire family are democrats.

It's Fox News.

#44 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

You're fully aware you could say the same thing about Dennis Kucinich and not be voting for a complete idiot, right?

Plus, then we'd have a smoking fucking hot first lady to boot.

#45 Edited by Ksaw (342 posts) -

@Ksaw said:

@Belonpopo said:

It has nothing to do with any specific president and everything to do with the Federal Reserve, the out of control spending from both parties, and the removal of industry from the U.S.

The estimated cost of the Iraq war ( launched under the Bush administration) as of 2008 was roughly 6 billion dollars.

edit: sorry 600 billion dollars

#46 Posted by jeffb01 (26 posts) -

Even though I lean liberal (but not totally), I love ron paul. He always has the best lines because he has real beliefs and doesn't just try to appease the polls (being against these wars in a republican primary is tough) - but I still wouldn't vote for him because he's too much of an idealist. As I get older, I have so much less respect for idealism and fall on the side of pragmatism. Bush was an idealist (in a different way) so he would cut taxes and start wars - but a dynamic pragmatist would take the feedback of one to decide the other. If I wanted to start a war that bad, I would know that we shouldn't cut the taxes at that time and conversely if cutting taxes was so important, I wouldn't start wars.  my two cents... 

#47 Posted by Mysterion (159 posts) -

Mitt Romney seems to be the best candidate that actually has a chance of winning the republican nomination so him I guess, if Rick Perry gets the nomination Obama all the way then.

#48 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

@ryanwho said:

Ron Paul winning the nomination over "lock step handsome guy" A and B would be a fun surprise. Even if you don't plan on voting right for the election, everyone should consider voting for him just to screw with the preconcieved notions of a good candidate being "look good and stay on script".

You're fully aware you could say the same thing about Dennis Kucinich and not be voting for a complete idiot, right?

Plus, then we'd have a smoking fucking hot first lady to boot.

Im not ready for a dwarf president yet.
#49 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

All Obama has to do is turn up at the TV debate in his 'I Shot OBL' t shirt and the election is in the bag.

#50 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Nope.

I learned my lesson!