• 83 results
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

For those who are unaware as to what Brüno is, see the trailer below.
I for one would love to see it in theatres to see the gut reactions of some of the outrageous things Sacha Baron Cohen will be doing, but it'll probably be rated an 18 in the UK, so I'll have to wait for a DVD release.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

Yes im totally going day 1. This looks like it may be funnier than borat. 

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

Borat wasn't funny, and I'm sure this won't be either. So no, I will not be seeing it in theatres. I will NEVER watch this movie.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akeldama
@DanielJW: i bet you saw transformers 2. Am i correct in my assumption? 
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanielJW
@Akeldama: I did not see Transformers 2, no.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
@DanielJW said:
" Borat wasn't funny, and I'm sure this won't be either. So no, I will not be seeing it in theatres. I will NEVER watch this movie. "
I found Borat quite funny, but each to their own.
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FlipperDesert

I was going to post no, then I saw the trailer. Fucking yes.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Matt_

Borat was hilarious and this will be too.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm 15, so I can't get into the theatre. So I'll wait for the DVD release

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DanielJW
@FlamingHobo said:
" @DanielJW said:
" Borat wasn't funny, and I'm sure this won't be either. So no, I will not be seeing it in theatres. I will NEVER watch this movie. "
I found Borat quite funny, but each to their own. "
I just don't find movies based on shock humor funny. Meh.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xeiphyer
@DanielJW said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
I'm the same way, I find shock humor to be completely unfunny. I hate when they do that stuff in movies, like suddenly show a closeup of some dudes penis. You guys might think thats funny but I just don't enjoy looking at a penis.

I didn't really like borat at all and since this is prettymuch the same I'm not going to see it. I'm sure its going to be extremely popular though, which probably says a lot about society today.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DanielJW
@Xeiphyer: This man speaks the truth.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Origina1Penguin

No.  Gay people that purposely flaunt their gayness to rub in everyone's face piss me off in real life, so seeing someone act the role won't entertain me.

Stunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Stunt

As a big fan of Sacha Baron Cohen's as well as Ali G Indahouse and Borat, I'm DEFINITELY seeing Bruno in theaters.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
@DanielJW said:
Then what did you find Borat to be?  I'm just curious, because I don't understand how ANYONE couldn't laugh their asses off at that movie.  I've had Christian conservatives watch Borat and laugh like crazy.  Were they offended?  Yeah...but they still thought it was all funnier than Hell!

As for me, I saw Borat in theatres and it was a GREAT experience.  Definitely the kind of movie you want to see with an audience, as Cohen's flicks are definitely discussion topics.  Plus...for some reason...seeing a fat man's balls on Cohen's lips...on a BIG SCREEN...made it that much funnier!
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xeiphyer

I wonder how much money these movies cost to make? Probably not very much considering. Although they have to deal with lawsuits and making bail every time they make a movie so I guess thats where it all goes haha

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By CL60

It's gonna be hilarious, just like Borat was.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DanielJW
@jakob187: I wasn't offended by it at all, as I've said above shock humour just isn't funny to me. I've also never really been a fan of movies that have guys with really heavy accents for comedic purposes, which is why I also didn't like Pink Panther.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
@Xeiphyer said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
I'm the same way, I find shock humor to be completely unfunny. I hate when they do that stuff in movies, like suddenly show a closeup of some dudes penis. You guys might think thats funny but I just don't enjoy looking at a penis.I didn't really like borat at all and since this is prettymuch the same I'm not going to see it. I'm sure its going to be extremely popular though, which probably says a lot about society today. "
There's shock humor there?  All I find is Cohen pointing out how stupid a bunch of people are for being bigots, racists, sexists, and idiots.  =  /

Also, if you can't find humor in a penis, then something is wrong...cause dicks are pretty damn funny.  I mean, God gave chicks tits and puss...and then he put a dick on us?  Hilarious joke.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Xeiphyer
@jakob187: Thats all fine, but I just don't like suddenly having to stare at some dudes penis in the middle of a movie. You can defend it I suppose but still, ugh. ya know?
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MeierTheRed

No i´m not going to watch it, just like i didn't watch Borat.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DanielJW

Pff...pffpff...hmm...mmhmmhmm...hehe..haha! HAHAHA! Penis!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Meowayne

I'm with DanielJW and Xeiphyer on this issue. Sasha Baron Cohen has a lot of talent and I admire his skill, but I find nothing funny about it. I understand the approach, I wouldn't call if stupid, but I definatly don't find it funny.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Steve_C

My mates and I will be there day 1 to see it. I enjoy all of Cohen's work, and Borat was a great experience when i saw it at the cinema.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60

Just ignore DanielJW..I was reading topics and I seen he enjoyed Paul Blart

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Xeiphyer said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @DanielJW said:
"
I'm the same way, I find shock humor to be completely unfunny. I hate when they do that stuff in movies, like suddenly show a closeup of some dudes penis. You guys might think thats funny but I just don't enjoy looking at a penis.I didn't really like borat at all and since this is prettymuch the same I'm not going to see it. I'm sure its going to be extremely popular though, which probably says a lot about society today. "
I don't typically like shock humour either, but Borat had that whole "This is unbelievable." edge going for it so I enjoyed it for what it was.

The trailer also indicates an underlying theme in the film of how homophobic and bigoted people still are today in the company of somebody that flaunts their homosexuality (though perhaps in the extremes here), I think that's a more worrying aspect of modern society to me.

Edit: Also appear to be late to the party pointing that out, damn you Jakob!
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanielJW
@CL60: Hahaha yeah. Well I didn't really find it funny, but we can discuss that in the other thread if you wish.
AngryKraut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By AngryKraut

Sacha Baron Cohen is a genus, so i will be seeing his next creation haha

themw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By themw007

Borat had its funny parts but I rather watch The Hangover for the third time then spend my money on this film which will have only spots that are funny

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By bwooduhs

As long as it's R16 in NZ and not R18 i will.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
@Xeiphyer said:
" @jakob187: Thats all fine, but I just don't like suddenly having to stare at some dudes penis in the middle of a movie. You can defend it I suppose but still, ugh. ya know? "
So you hate movies that have peni in them?

Peni?  Penises?  Penis?  Fucking pluralization...

Anyways, so I'm assuming this means the rim of your toilet seat is a fucking mess, since you aren't looking down to aim and piss.  Otherwise, you might catch a glimpse of your own penis!  Sex must be pretty awkward, too.

For crying out loud, dood...it's a penis.  Folks like you are the reason that America is so fucking squeamish about stupid shit like nudity yet okay with showing a dood's head getting blown apart by a fucking hollow point!

Also, I would suggest avoiding Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and Forgetting Sarah Marshall like the Plague!
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DanielJW
@jakob187: I wish it was peni instead of penises, peni is so much more fun to say. I don't know if Xeiphyer feels the same way as me, but it's not that its gross or offensive, its that it just isn't funny. Do explain to me the humour behind a phallus.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xeiphyer
@jakob187: Haha ive seen both of those movies actually, and I'm Canadian also. Not that that really counts for much.

I don't hate movies with penises in them, I just don't find their inclusion to add anything to the movie. Both those movies would be just as good without showing a penis in them is all im saying. Its not adding anything, its just there to shock you. And the shock humor I don't really enjoy.

If you see a naked person on the street, are you going to stare at his dick just because its in front of you? I'm not trying to argue or anything, just I dunno, I don't really see the point I guess.

Also side note: If I ever see enough penises at one time that I would have to refer to them as Peni, I'm going to be scared.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Back when I used to watch Da Ali G Show on HBO Bruno was always my least favorite character (though he never really got that much camera time). After the collosal failure of "Ali G in da House" and the epic win of "Borat" Bruno looks pretty damn funny.

So I guess what I'm getting at is "Yes." hopefully on day one.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jakob187
@Xeiphyer said:
"If you see a naked person on the street, are you going to stare at his dick just because its in front of you?"
I'd laugh, because it's funny.  Dood's naked in the middle of the street, slangin' wang and floppin' free.  I'm not gonna stare at it...unless he's offering me about 500 million in tax-free money and I've got to stare at it with my mouth!

So there was a penis in Borat for all of...what...2 minutes?  There's a lot more around that movie that isn't a penis, and it's all pretty damn excellent.  Sorry you didn't enjoy it.  =  /
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DanielJW

You win, you've made peni sound funny with your clever use of "Slangin'wang" and "Floppin'free". 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60

What jakob said..theirs a penis for what? 2 minutes? if you don't like the movie cause you had to see a penis for 2 minutes(less then that actually because the scene rarely even showed the penis all that much) go get some help. Because you are severely homophobic and you fear that looking at a penis will cause a gay explosion inside of your brain, turning you gay for the rest of your life. It's a penis..boohoo, if it was a vagina you would bel ike YES!!! VAGINA AMAZING VAGINA OMG!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#38  Edited By citizenkane

I am definitely going to see it opening weekend(probably opening day).

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DanielJW

Again my problem isn't with seeing the penis. I don't particularly care, my arguement was just that it isn't particularly funny, but Jakob's use of alliteration has shown me otherwise. The movie was essentially just a guy with a thick accent doing absurd things for the intent of shocking the audience. It's not that I found it offensive in any way, that type of humour just isn't for me.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sabata

Snrk...Penis! That's fuckin' HILARIOUS! I mean, it's a fuckin' PENIS! HahahAHahaHAHHAhano.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
@DanielJW said:
" You win, you've made peni sound funny with your clever use of "Slangin'wang" and "Floppin'free".  "
See, I told you penis is some funny shit.  Just all the stupid things that go along with penis, peni, penises, and anything else.

For instance, singing the wrong words to Tom Petty's "Free Fallin" to "Free Ballin"...

...or using phrases like "slangin' wang", "floppin' free", "danglin' twig", "fondlin' phallus"...whatever you can think of that involves something disgusting and stupid with another way of talking about penis without saying penis...

...and then there's the classic stuff, like The Goat or The Brain...

...and when all that gets tiring, you just think of how retarded it would be if every human being on the planet had a penis erecting from their foreheads...dangling down on their noses...slapping you in the eye every time you took a step forward and how retardedly annoying it would be...

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING RIGHT NOW!!!  Seriously, I find penis to be an incredibly hilarious topic because of how ridiculous it is as an object, a concept, an idea, and part of my own body.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DanielJW
@jakob187: How about "Slobbin'knob"? 
I must say you've given me a lot to think about. Mainly how obsurd it would be to have people with forehead phalli. Would we need to create some kind of cozy to cover it? Or do you think society would have accepted it as something perfectly natural and beautiful?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jakob187
@DanielJW said:
" @jakob187: How about "Slobbin'knob"? 
I must say you've given me a lot to think about. Mainly how obsurd it would be to have people with forehead phalli. Would we need to create some kind of cozy to cover it? Or do you think society would have accepted it as something perfectly natural and beautiful?"
Nothin' funny about slobbin' knob, sir.  That's some serious shit!

Would society accept it?  Hell no.  Well, at least American society wouldn't.  Then, of course, you would have the people that would be fetishists over it, the folks that would have plastic surgery to get rid of it, and then you'll have the folks who think that a bigger dick on your head means you are superior to others...

It'll turn into a bloody mess, and that's not just because of the accidental wet dreams...
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nasar7

Hell yeah

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Back when I used to watch Da Ali G Show on HBO Bruno was always my least favorite character (though he never really got that much camera time). After the collosal failure of "Ali G in da House" and the epic win of "Borat" Bruno looks pretty damn funny. So I guess what I'm getting at is "Yes." hopefully on day one. "
I agree Bruno was always my least favorite, but that was mostly cuz he'd always  come on last after Ali G and Borat would have a really funny segment so it definitely overshadowed his. If you give the character a chance though and watch the segments you'll get a good laugh. 
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DanielJW
@jakob187: As I'm seeing it forehead phalli would cause just as much trouble as plain the plain old regular penis. I can't help but feel your undertone is calling for the abolition of all phalli, version 1.0 and forehead version 2.0.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Snipzor

I'll see it just for the Ron Paul interview, and the events leading up to the fashion show.

DrainDeimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By DrainDeimo

I don't think this will be funny. I might be wrong. I'll wait till a friend gets the DVD or something.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Sick_J0ke said:
"@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Back when I used to watch Da Ali G Show on HBO Bruno was always my least favorite character (though he never really got that much camera time). After the collosal failure of "Ali G in da House" and the epic win of "Borat" Bruno looks pretty damn funny. So I guess what I'm getting at is "Yes." hopefully on day one. "
I agree Bruno was always my least favorite, but that was mostly cuz he'd always  come on last after Ali G and Borat would have a really funny segment so it definitely overshadowed his. If you give the character a chance though and watch the segments you'll get a good laugh. 
"
That was exactly my problem with it. Bruno is a funny character in my opinion, he was just on after two hilarious ones.
Mootalstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Mootalstrike

Looks better than Borat, but I will probably wait and get it on Netflix.