Windows 7 Impressions

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

It's alright I guess. I installed the RC the day it came out and I loved it at first but it is pretty similar to Vista. The task bar is convenient, the library helps you organize your files better, but besides that it looks and feels pretty much the same way. If you have Vista right now and are happy with it I don't think you should even bother installing Windows 7 RC.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

It's alright I guess. I installed the RC the day it came out and I loved it at first but it is pretty similar to Vista. The task bar is convenient, the library helps you organize your files better, but besides that it looks and feels pretty much the same way. If you have Vista right now and are happy with it I don't think you should even bother installing Windows 7 RC.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain

Do you wanna say that to my face?

Don't get me started cos' I won't stop no... no

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I'm going to stick with Vista till I see some reviews for Windows 7 then, I might get it.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pirate_republic
Wolverine said:
It's alright I guess. I installed the RC the day it came out and I loved it at first but ... [more]
It looks the same as Vista, but under the hood it's a lot better: less system intensive, better compatibility, crashes less often, etc. It runs great on my 1 GB of Ram PC, which Vista does not. It's defintely a better OS then Vista, period, but it's more or less what Vista should have been.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Pazy

Ive just put it on since my XP was falling apart, im not exactly "impressed" but im not hating it really. It feels like they cleaned up Vista (which as far as I know they have). The main problem is that a lot of programs are either not updated for Vista/7 so they wont work or they are detecting it as Vista and asking for me to update to SP1 (like Zonealarm :|).

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

It runs great for me. I did have a problem with the 64 bit OS. It wouldn't recognize for than 3 gigs of RAM without blue screening at start up. It would load fine in safemode but in normal mode I couldn't get to the login screen. I just re-installed the 32 bit version. :/

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By turbomonkey138

Vista is like a really exclusive party V.I.Ps only . But once you get in its a pile of crap

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xandurson

I don't know whether to put it on. Once I back up my computer I'll probably install it just to say I have it and mess around with it.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By angelkanarias

Vista = Shit

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By shrig32

I tried it, but it didn't stop me from prefering Ubuntu and Fedora on my computers. Sorry Microsoft. It is a step in the right direction, though.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Kiemoe

I like it, I'm using it right now. I never had too many problems with Vista, and what I've learned is that once one person says vista is shit, then everyone starts chipping in to feel like they belong to some exclusive club or something. Not that Vista was perfect or anything, or even good for that matter, it just wasn't as bad as everyone said. I think Windows 7 is a small incremental update that's just brought Vista to where it should be, but lets all hope that they still keep improving it, because it's still very Vista, save a few well- needed updates.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Kazona

I've been using Vista for quite a while and never had any problems with it. Yea it could've used some extra polish, but overall I was quite satisfied. So when word started rolling around that 7 was what Vista should have been, I went ahead and applied for the beta, and I've been using it ever since. Right now I'm on the RC and I'm loving it. It resembles Vista in a lot of ways, but there's been enough tweaks to the OS to give everything that extra bit of shine and speed that was lacking in Vista. It feels a lot snappier, and in quite a few ways everything makes more sense to me too. Everything just feels more logical, and I also feel like I am more in control with Windows 7.

Windows 7 may not be the revolution everyone thought it would be, but it is a definite evolution and a fine one at that. Personally I'm really hoping MS will offer Vista adopters a free upgrade to Win 7 (rumors about that are getting stronger and stronger), in which case I will definitely go for it. Heck even if the upgrade isn't free, as long as they don't make the price ridiculous I'll be getting it.