#1 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

The bystanders swooped in and grabbed most of the pot after the driver of the truck ran away from the accident at about 12:50 a.m. Wednesday.

When officers arrived, they found a few remaining bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun inside the truck.

How much do you want to bet that guy had all that fronted to him?

Legalize this shit and tax the hell out of it. Contrary to popular belief it won't solve the deficit problem...but it sure as hell would free up the police for more important shit. And prisons. And courts. 

If we feel confident enough in regulating a far more intoxicating substance (alcohol) surely we can handle a little weed. The demand is there, and you can't legislate away demand, but you can legislate away taxable trade.

What say you?

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I agree, although I'm not really in the mood to argue with those that would prefer the government's control to their own freedom.

#3 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Liberate the Weed.

Masses against the Classes.

#4 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

It's not everyday you find free bags of pot laying around.

#5 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
@FourWude said:

Liberate the Weed.

Masses against the Classes.

#6 Posted by lazyturtle (1227 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Which are ironically the ones who complain about the government intervention into their personal lives. 
#7 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
#8 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@Fajita_Jim: If they did tax it to hell, wouldn't the dealers sell it to avoid the tax?
#9 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I agree, but I've been here before. I'm tired.

#10 Posted by phrosen (143 posts) -

Weed causes accidents & encourages criminal behavior!

#11 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Belonpopo said:

@Fajita_Jim: If they did tax it to hell, wouldn't the dealers sell it to avoid the tax?

I would rather buy from a safer place where I know the product is of higher quality.

@phrosen said:

Alcohol causes accidents & encourages criminal behavior!
#12 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

@phrosen said:

Weed causes accidents & encourages criminal behavior!

Let's play a game. Spot as many flaws in this argument as you can, I can spot at least two!

#13 Edited by phrosen (143 posts) -
@Afroman269:

@beej:

I'd much rather play "Spot the sarcasm" or "Spot the news story about the beer truck that crashed and resulted in free beer for everyone".

/edit:
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_15971910?source=most_viewed
 looks like i won
#14 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

@phrosen said:

@Afroman269:
@beej: I'd much rather play "Spot the sarcasm" or "Spot the news story about the beer truck that crashed and resulted in free beer for everyone".

I'll work harder on deep reading your one sentence response from now on. It was just so deep I couldn't fully understand it. Excuse my feeble mind.

#15 Edited by Buscemi (1106 posts) -
@beej: I'm sure it's right. At least stealing chips, or chocolate, or hot dogs or anything that can be called food. HUNGRY.
#16 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@beej said:

@phrosen said:

@Afroman269:
@beej: I'd much rather play "Spot the sarcasm" or "Spot the news story about the beer truck that crashed and resulted in free beer for everyone".

I'll work harder on deep reading your one sentence response from now on. It was just so deep I couldn't fully understand it. Excuse my feeble mind.

I guess people are right about the whole spotting sarcasm on the internet being hard.

#17 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

yes it should legalized. 

/out

#18 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@lazyturtle said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: Which are ironically the ones who complain about the government intervention into their personal lives.

Yes, that's a good point. Many so-called conservatives (if that's what you mean) often have a double standard on certain issues, pot legalization being one of them.

#19 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Why would legalizing marijuana ever be a good idea?

#20 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
#21 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

Hey, it's this thread again!

#22 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Another seg-way thread to talk about the legalization of Marijuana? This is getting really old.

If people really want the shit legalized, get off your lazy pot-smoking asses and do something about it. Don't stop short at a petition, go farther and show this country that pot-smokers obviously will not just sit by and hope that someone up top brings down the green-leaves.

But, that will never happen, thus weed will not be legalized until some big-shot finds a loop-hole to make it legal and finds large profits to be made.

#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

wow pretty crazy. it's not every day that you see marajuana drop from somewhere.

#24 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

It's not everyday you find free bags of pot laying around.
#25 Posted by lazyturtle (1227 posts) -
@Belonpopo: Think about booze or tobacco. Yea, some people do make their own booze or buy cigarettes on Indian Reservations, then sell them elsewhere. But 99% of the people just go to the grocery store. 

Plus once it does become legalized, they will be a temporary boom where stoners, giddy with excitement, rush into Safeway and Walmart to pick up a bag.
#26 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

Man that would be awesome.

#27 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse:

More relevance.