Words that NBC News should never EVER use...

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

Edited By skrutop

"According to reports by TMZ." - I actually heard that in regards to some speculation on Michael Jackson.  Now I have a very low opinion of TV news, but I figured that NBC had some modicum of journalistic integrity.  I guess that I was wrong.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

"According to reports by TMZ." - I actually heard that in regards to some speculation on Michael Jackson.  Now I have a very low opinion of TV news, but I figured that NBC had some modicum of journalistic integrity.  I guess that I was wrong.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Whats TMZ?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

The BBC did this as well, but this was regarding him dying. I don't even know what TMZ is to be honest...

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

TMZ is a very persistent, very in-your-face tabloid with a site and a TV show in the U.S.

I don't consider them a very reliable source, but they put a lot of effort into getting information out of celebrities.

As for their TV show, sometimes their more random and lighthearted stories are entertaining, but when they make stupid comments about such important things as Zac Efron's earwax or how celebrity X looks like random cartoon character Y, that turns me off pretty badly.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I think you can use the words "according to TMZ" if you are talking about Paris Hilton's crotch or Lindsay Lohan's blood-alcohol level.