#301 Edited by thomasnash (553 posts) -

tbh my main beef with the ITV coverage is the guy singing "brasil, brasil" at the bookends of each ad break. I find it really grating for some reason.

#302 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

@thomasnash: Same, I also find the figurines that the man's painting at the start of the BBC coverage with the players heads are dead creepy.

#303 Posted by Dudacles (1449 posts) -

Man, Pirlo is just the sexiest man alive, isn't he? The way he strolled about on that pitch, in that heat, giving out masterful passes to teammates and making it look easy in the process... A draw would not have been out of place here, but I was still sad when his final free kick hit the bar. That was a thing of beauty.

#304 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -
#305 Edited by Phili151 (110 posts) -

But yeah Pirlo...

#306 Edited by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Samurai blue up next. Excited to see how it ends up. I had to miss the second half of England-Italy too. :(

#307 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

Flagging here, not sure I'm gonna make it through this game.

#308 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

We played much better than I've ever seen England play so I'm pretty confident we'll make it out of the group

#309 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

That Honda goal was pretty tasty

#310 Posted by Aegon (5493 posts) -

That's crazy.

#311 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

England might be disappointing but this world cup keeps throwing up great games. Will Yaya get a cake if Ivory Coast can hold on?

#312 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

It was disappointing to see Ivory Coast waste so much time at the end when I really don't think they needed to to win.

#313 Edited by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -
#314 Posted by bugbarbecue (51 posts) -

@phili151: Shearer isn't just a personality sink in his own personality, he also actively reduces the personality in the studio with his demands. Apparently he was the main reason Colin Murray (who, whether you liked him or not, undeniably had personality) was binned from MotD2 and then from the rest of the BBC.

In general I think the TV channels rely to heavily on people who were good/great players, journalists and players of any class who've proved themselves as analysts/commentators after retirement make for so much better TV than the likes of Shearer and Phil Neville.

#315 Edited by Sessh (781 posts) -

What I took away from England vs. Italy is, that Rooney just can't get a goal in a World Cup and that Balotelli still is the most ridiculous guy around.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Costa Rica actually made it out of this group.

#316 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@phili151 said:

@dudacles: Marchisio man, smouldering.

The whole Italian team look as they they should be playing in Oxford shirts, Blazers, tailored shorts and loafers with no socks.....and at half time they should all just sit at little tables by the side of the pitch sipping on Espressos and reading a broadsheet newspaper....

#317 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

I admire ITV's dedication to talking about everything but the match they're showing for as long as possible.

#318 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

@phili151 said:

@thomasnash: Rooney has been pretty poor all night, apart from his assist. I was surprised the hodge didn't take him off instead of Welbeck.

I was looking at the TV like this o.O because Welbeck was the only player on our side (apart from Sterlin) who appeared to be creating clear cut chances. I honestly cannot wait until Gerrard retires, he seems so tired and out of place in this young England side... still I was pleasantly surprised by Englands performance on the whole... already lightyears more promising than the 2010 team.

#319 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

Bloody hell, come in late turn on the TV and another upset is on the cards. Come on Ecuador...!

#320 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3199 posts) -

Wow, what a goal by the Swiss team at the end.

#321 Posted by MocBucket62 (1200 posts) -

What an ending to that Switzerland/Ecuador match! Looked like Ecuador was gonna steal the game, but it went the other way!

#322 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

They totally forgot the anthems for the France - Honduras game....weird.

#323 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

Robbed of La Marseillaise, gutted.

#324 Edited by Aegon (5493 posts) -

Is it just me, or is there always this much drama when France plays?

#325 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

@leebmx said:

They totally forgot the anthems for the France - Honduras game....weird.

nope, the PA system wasn't ready I heard.

Also, this game is dirty as fuck lol

#326 Posted by Aegon (5493 posts) -

GOAL LINE TECH GET HYPE!!!!

#327 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -

@aegon said:

Haha, amazing crowd reaction to the 'No Goal' caption, then the quick 'Goal' decision!

#328 Edited by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@skidd said:

@aegon said:

Haha, amazing crowd reaction to the 'No Goal' caption, then the quick 'Goal' decision!

What a dumb way to show it. It was like they were trying to wind up the crowd...the commentator on the BBC is having a siezure about it.

As far as I could see it work great. No way that could have been given with out the system because the ref would never have seen it.

EDIT: Also I get the feeling that one of the Honduras players is going to pull a knife out of his socks in a minute....no wonder its the country with the highest murder rate in the world...

#329 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

@leebmx: Jonathan Pearce with a fundamental misunderstanding of cameras and replays there.

#330 Edited by skidd (460 posts) -

@phili151: At least Pearce seems to have reconciled himself to the fact that it was a goal - Pat Nevin is still in denial!

Edit: My mistake, seems like Pearce is referring to it as 'controversial'. Oh dear...

#331 Edited by Phili151 (110 posts) -

@skidd: That is excellent. Also noted misogynist and all around twat Richard Keys believing his eyes better than a camera with actual proof.

#332 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@skidd said:

@phili151: At least Pearce seems to have reconciled himself to the fact that it was a goal - Pat Nevin is still in denial!

I find Pat Nevin incredibly self-rightous and pompous, its no wonder he thinks the thinks he can tell better than technology...

#333 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@phili151 said:

@skidd: That is excellent. Also noted misogynist and all around twat Richard Keys believing his eyes better than a camera with actual proof.

Its amazing that having a set view point on something will make you disbelieve the literal evidence of your own eyes...

#334 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -

@leebmx: Pat Nevin gained the nickname 'The Professor' when he was once found by his teammates to be reading a book in the dressing room. Maybe he's buying into the idea of being the intellectual pundit a bit too much

@phili151: The inability of an idiot like Keys to recognise that was a goal perhaps does support his point that it is indeed not fool proof.

#335 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -
#336 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

Hawkeye fucking rocks as tech

Keys fucking sucks as a pundit

I know which one I'm siding with

#337 Posted by skidd (460 posts) -

Honduras have really let themselves down here. I'd rather lose 4-0 and attempt to play some form of football than lose 3-0 and continually try to injure my opponents.

#338 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

@skidd said:

Honduras have really let themselves down here. I'd rather lose 4-0 and attempt to play some form of football than lose 3-0 and continually try to injure my opponents.

I'm just glad to see a team like Honduras get nothing.

#339 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

This refs been pretty shit in this game, Honduras have been a bunch of snide gits.

#340 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/15/world-cup-2014-goal-line-technology-controversy-baffles-commentator-jonathan-pearce-twitter-is-hilariously-unforgiving-4762878/

#341 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

Fucks sakes they're still going on about it, at least Thierry is still talking sense, the dreamboat...

#342 Edited by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@phili151 said:

Keys is now saying it was in apparently. Idiot.

#343 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

All this excitement and there is still another game to go! I love the World Cup.

#344 Posted by Aegon (5493 posts) -

Didn't expect this to happen, but I like the way France is playing. Will pay attention to them going forward.

#345 Edited by Animasta (14673 posts) -
@phili151 said:

All this excitement and there is still another game to go! I love the World Cup.

and this one's gonna be the best of them all today.

some hot world cup action

#346 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

@animasta: Argentina are going to do some disgusting things against this Bosnian defence.

#347 Edited by Carryboy (647 posts) -

Honduras went full Vinny tactics on this game just trying to get as many players sent of as possible.

#348 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -
@phili151 said:

@animasta: Argentina are going to do some disgusting things against this Bosnian defence.

yeah, and Bosnia will do the same to Argentina.

Edin Dzeko will get the golden boot imo

#349 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1009 posts) -

This world cup is the best one I remember watching to such an extent. And I've watched every world cup since 1998 to varying amounts :)

#350 Posted by Phili151 (110 posts) -

No Higuain, :0