• 143 results
#1 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

A friend and I were having a conversation the other day and came across a topic we thought interesting. Who is the worst cartoon character you can think of? After some careful thought I came up with Bobby Hill from King of the Hill. He is one the most useless and annoying cartoon characters to ever appear on television. I thought I'd ask my favorite people in the world, the people who read the Giantbomb off-topic forums, who they think are the worst cartoon characters of all time? Who, in all their animated awfulness, causes you to quickly reach for the remote in fear of having to hear them utter another word.

#2 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I didn't like half of the shows on Cartoon Network during the '90s. I can't decide on which character I disliked the most.

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

I also was thinking of Bobby from King of the Hill. Actually, most of the characters in that show are bad. The only good ones are Hanks 3 friends.

#4 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

Any KoTH Characters, I hate that show.

#5 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -

@thevigilanteoflove: @Redbullet685: Hmm, I actually really like that show and most of the characters on it. I think Sonic from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is WAY more annoying than anyone from King of the Hill.

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

All you King of the Hill haters need to go home.

Also, I would like to preemptively tell Video_Game_King to leave SpongeBob alone.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24436 posts) -

Scrappy Doo.

/thread

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Scrappy Doo.

/thread

Ooooooo thats a good one. I change my answer from basically everyone from KotH, to Scrappy Doo.

#9 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Hailinel: I like Scrappy Doo he was the only one willing to get shit done. Monster shows up he was ready to fight it but the meddling kids always stopped him. If they would have took his advice and just beat the monsters ass they would have found out pretty early on it was the crazy old man.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24436 posts) -

@DeShawn2ks said:

@Hailinel: I like Scrappy Doo he was the only one willing to get shit done. Monster shows up he was ready to fight it but the meddling kids always stopped him. If they would have took his advice and just beat the monsters ass they would have found out pretty early on it was the crazy old man.

There is a reason that TV Tropes has a page dedicated to "the Scrappy." It's not because of anything positive.

#11 Edited by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

Does this guy count?

I mean seriously?

#12 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

If any of you think you can beat me in a bad-cartoon-off go home now.

#13 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Hailinel: F that Scrappy is the shit. Damn the internet. Well that "puppy power" BS he always feels the need to yell out can be pretty annoying.

#14 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Aww dude Bobby Hill is a legend. Peggy needs to be shot though.

Worst of all time however has to go to Lisa Simpson. She went from alright smart little sister character to unbearable whiny liberal crybaby caricature.

Although I guess every character in The Simpsons is pretty terrible now...

#15 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I had to watch this shit whenever I was at my grandmother's house. She kept the TV on one channel. These poor bastards get sent back in time... during the Bible days.

#16 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Gangsterlax: What the hell is that and why does it exist? Seriously who's fault is this?

#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I'm sure I have a few but I usually mental block things I don't like away.
I'll get back to this when my mental shields weaken.

#18 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@coakroach: the simpsons died a long time ago. like 2008, most of the writers ended up going to futurerama cartoon.

there seems to be a lot of king of the hill haters. good times watching that show. 

i would say everyone from spongebob. it was a horrible show when it aired. i was a little old for cartoons when it came on, but it was horrible show.
#19 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Ive never really liked Looney Toons to be honest.  Never grew up with it and it just doesnt interest me

#20 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

@thevigilanteoflove said:

Who is the worst cartoon character you can think of? After some careful thought I came up with Bobby Hill from King of the Hill.

Bobby is awesome, as well as pretty much that whole show. Maybe if you said Peggy or Cotton I'd see where you're coming from.

#21 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

I really liked King of the Hill, but even I'll admit that show would have been better if they had gotten rid of Bobby and Peggy.

#22 Edited by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Bob the Sponge

#23 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

Sponge Bob

Fuck you Hitler-chu. And its SpongeBob. No spaces in between.

Gawd.

#24 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

@DeShawn2ks said:

I agree. Scrappy puts up his dukes and is willing to do anything. All of the other characters on that show are pussies. Scrappy is clearly the best character of all time.

#25 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

@niamahai: It's Hitlerchu. No dash in between.

Gawd.

#26 Posted by i69edUrGpa (586 posts) -

King of the Hill is just...just awful

#27 Posted by JakeLogan (221 posts) -

Cow & Chicken were fucking abhorent - "Hey, let's try and emulate Ren & Stimpy, only with punchlines that don't go anywhere and borderline gay jokes!"

#28 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2366 posts) -

A lot of King of the Hill's plot is build heavily around Bobby. So he's not useless. Though I do admit he's kind of annoying.

I always thought Chris from Family Guy was pointless as hell.

#29 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Pepper Ann, Arnold, Randall Weems from Recess, Dog from CatDog, Mona the Vampire, Courage the Cowardly Dog,

#30 Posted by ProfessorK (822 posts) -

Goddam, I fucking hated this cartoon. It was just trying too hard to be "wacky."

And I think I had a grudge because it took the time slot of a cartoon I used to watch, but I can't remember which.

#31 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

There are some episodes where bugs bunny isn't a lovable jackass to only those that deserve it. Every once in a while he is a racist asshole and a bully to people that haven't done anything to prevoke him.

I kind of think Brian from Family guy is terrible. Or Roger for American Dad.

Also this may be controversial, but everything about Tom and Jerry I kind of hate. So I nominate Tom, Jerry, Spike, and Tyke for all being really annoying.

#32 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

Jabberjaw. Totaly ripoff of Scooby Doo mixed with Curly from the Three Stooges, but underwater, and everyone hates water levels.

#33 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

I think all of the KOTH characters are pretty awesome. The joy I get from that show is watching the unbearable characters get theirs, and usually it ends up making Hank look even more bad ass.

But back on topic I'm all for Scrappy Doo. Him and the laugh track behind the show is fuckin' unbearable.

#34 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I've almost just finished watching all 13 seasons of King of the Hill. So you are all wrong in that regard. Have fun with your shitty Family Guy episodes!

#35 Posted by Turambar (6744 posts) -

Remember that Stargate cartoon? That. The entirety of that.

#36 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@innacces14: Hanks is such a great character when he gets to be a badass by proving to every idiot around him that he was right all along.

#37 Posted by EVO (3897 posts) -

The goldfish from American Dad.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7082 posts) -

Scrappy-Doo or everything about Thundercats. Fuck literally everything about Thundercats.

#39 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

@Nottle: It's not just that though. He's a timid man that gets bothered by the thought of *sighs and fixes glasses* intercourse, he can't shoot a gun for shit, and he enjoys the simplest things in life like a backyard bbq. But when he has to get the 9-Iron out to defend his family (most likely Bobby) it makes you forget how much of wimp he is.

#40 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

@thevigilanteoflove: I will see you Bobby and raise you Peggy Hill, who is far worse.

#41 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

12 Oz. Mouse. After searching for the character I meant, it turns out his name was Fitz.

#42 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

Oh yeah?

#43 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

I'd say any Comedy Central animated show that isn't South Park has some pretty bad characters. There was some show with some circus freaks, one was a beared clam. Yeah that shows characters sucked. Drawn Together's cast. Johnny Test. I'm sure the cast of Family Dog was pretty terrible too. Poochini... now I'm just naming shows that have characters in them, that's just unfair.

#44 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Oh yeah?

It's fucking on.
#45 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

Nearly the entire cast of the Pokemon shows.

Pokemon makes for good games, awful TV. But I'm not the target demo I guess.

#46 Edited by PenguinDust (12499 posts) -

Mr Popo (Dragonball franchise)

Speedy Gonzales

The Smurfs...all of them

Scrappy Doo

The entire cast of Drawn Together

2013 update: Baby Huey beats them all. A retarded duck in a diaper.

#47 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Newton or Toot.

#48 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

Every character in the Cramp Twins. Fuck that show and its weird colour palette.

#49 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

@JakeLogan said:

Cow & Chicken were fucking abhorent - "Hey, let's try and emulate Ren & Stimpy, only with punchlines that don't go anywhere and borderline gay jokes!"

This. That show was fucking disgusting.

#50 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1178 posts) -

@Jost1 said:

Nearly the entire cast of the Pokemon shows.

Pokemon makes for good games, awful TV. But I'm not the target demo I guess.

Prepare for trouble