• 129 results
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

In honor of Mass Effect 3 I want to ask what's the worst ending to a story you've ever experienced? This isn't for things that have bad stories to begin with, I mean good-great stories that have terrible endings.

Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Foxtrot0245

I really, really hated the ending to Red Dead Redemption, even though I understand that most people think it was awesome. Playing as John Marston's shitty, whiny snot-nosed son was the opposite of what made that game great.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Inb4 LA Noire

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

Also LA Noire

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@Foxtrot0245: The "ending" is when Marston died. The stuff with his son doesn't matter it was simply a way for them to let you continue playing in the open world if you wanted too.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By wjb

Not spoiling anything since it's a recent game, but Rage.

I'm talking about the actual ending and the events leading up to it. When I got to the final cut-scene, I was like, "Wait...that was the final mission?"

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Tireyo

I believe that this is the wrong forum for this.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

I didn't really like either of the Bioshock endings. They set up a great setting, great atmosphere and characters and then just shit out a rushed, silly ending. Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a really, really dumb 'push the red button' ending as well. In terms of movies, Sunshine really let me down. It took a smart, creative sci-fi movie and turned it into a monster flick. Ugh.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikey87144

Uh just to say it doesn't have to be video game related. Sopranos is another example of something with a terrible ending. I don't care how obvious it is that Tony will probably die there. Let us at least here some gunshots or something.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Gabriel

Assassins Creed 1 has the worst ending of all time, and almost made me quit videogames.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the shield had a shitty ending. i have a feeling sons of anarchy will end on a shitty, bittersweet note, too. KOTOR 2's ending was bad due to it being incomplete.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ragdrazi

Because I'm old mcjadedman: 

Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura had the worst ending I've ever seen. The plot basically meanders around without any point, until the very last chapter of the game. Then suddenly you fight a tacked on final boss who wanted to bring all of humanity into the realm of death because death is more peaceful then life. Had nothing to do with the game and clashed badly with it's pre-steampunk steampunk thing. Top it off, the final boss glitched on me completely. He never ever attacked me once. God that was an awful game.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pinworm45

TV: Battlestar Galactica

Games: Mass Effect 3

Movies: I Am Legend.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 3

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Slaker117

Avatar image for passivekaerenai
PassiveKaerenai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PassiveKaerenai

Fahrenheit (or Indigo Prophecy, or whatever...)

I only care because the opening is story-driven, and very well done. So it's tragic when the second-half devolves into a supernatural conspiracy Matrix rip-off. Classic problem, game-developers have to 'ramp up' the ending sections, and forget to finish the story they set out to tell...

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Demoskinos said:

@Foxtrot0245: The "ending" is when Marston died. The stuff with his son doesn't matter it was simply a way for them to let you continue playing in the open world if you wanted too.

I consider the end-of-game title card after you take Jack to kill the man responsible for John's death to be the actual ending.

To answer the OP: Halo 2 possibly?

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By korolev

I didn't like BioShock's ending but the only ending that has actually made me very disappointed and just.... tired..... is ME3's ending. I enjoyed the game quite a lot right up till the last 15 minutes. After I saw the ending to ME3, I wasn't stunned or shell-shocked. I was just.... tired. Disappointed. Lethargic. I didn't want to do anything for 2 hours, except just stare at the ceiling in absolute defeat. Yeah, that's right - the ending to ME3 made me feel that, despite winning, I lost.

I played through ME1 and ME2 6 times. I'm not going to play ME3 a second time. Won't even consider it.

Aside from ME3's bad ending, another bad ending would be Far Cry 2's two endings - none of which were good.

Oh - yeah, now I remember, there WAS another ending that I hated (although not nearly as much as ME3's) - Killzone 2's ending.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AMyggen

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

the shield had a shitty ending. i have a feeling sons of anarchy will end on a shitty, bittersweet note, too. KOTOR 2's ending was bad due to it being incomplete.

Say what?! Imo, season 7 of The Shield might be the best last season of any TV, ever. It ends perfectly. And I'm saying that as a person who's not a huge fan of the overall show, it just got the last season and the ending incredibly right.

Shows how opinions can differ, I guess.

Sons of Anarchy's ending will probably suck, because the show is pretty mediocre. The ending of this season showed that the showrunner has no balls - he should have learnt from David Simon; you put the story, not your characters, first.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Crysis. It didn't even follow up on it properly.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xeiphyer

From what I understand, Catherine's ending is pretty horse shit? I never got around to finishing it though.

I thought Final Fantasy XIII had a terrible ending. The actual cutscene looked awesome, but the whole plot of that game makes no sense. Orphan wants you to destroy him so cocoon gets destroyed, but you don't want to, so then you go and kill him anyways. The end. What?!

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By jonnyboy

"THE ENDING OF BORDERLANDS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!!!!!!!!!"

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Vexxan

L.A. Noire. That ending came outta nowhere.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RedRoach

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

Fuck you man, don;t say that about Sons of Anarchy! If that show has a terrible ending I'll hate everything forever.

The Lost ending was pretty bad, but by the time the last episode tolled around, I knew i wasn't going to get the answers i wanted. I don't remember any game endings being as disappointing as ME3 but maybe It's just because that's still fresh. I remember the Force Unleashed games had pretty bad endings, and Fable 3's whole last half was horrible. I loved the first two Fable games to death, but I couldn't even finish 3.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Jeust
  • Mass Effect - the cheesiest ending I remember
  • KOTOR 2 - incomplete
  • Persona 3 - to subtle to make sense
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ajamafalous

ME3 lol

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Mass Effect 3 of course...

Ok, fine I'll give another example. The ending to Borderlands always bugged me.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gamefreak9

I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I thought Skyrim's ending was terrible... it was just so boring. Go find the bad guy and kill him! I thought they could have had some nice twists and turns...

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zeforgotten

I am sure that the kids who picked Mass Effect 3 have never played any other game their entire life if that's the "worst" ending they can come up with.  
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Or maybe Final Fantasy 5. 

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I never played the game, but I'm sure Stroker has the worst ending.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
@AlexanderSheen said:

I never played the game, but I'm sure Stroker has the worst ending.

Someone made a game where you go around as a black man(or at least his hand) and jack off Smurfs and white people? 
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@will_leisure said:

I'm talking about the actual ending and the events leading up to it. When I got to the final cut-scene, I was like, "Wait...that was the final mission?"

Was it worse than Borderlands?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@ZeForgotten: Looks like it. Thanks for Sweep for letting me know about this game.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
@AlexanderSheen said:

@ZeForgotten: Looks like it. Thanks for Sweep for letting me know about this game.

Why am I not surprised that it was him who made you aware of it? :P
Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arker101

MegaMan Legends 2, partly because they never followed up on it.

Borderlands was also pretty bad, but not as bad as ME3.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wjb

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@will_leisure said:

Was it worse than Borderlands?

Hmm...you got me there...

That's a tough one because they're both equally bad for different reasons. At least with Borderlands, I knew it was the actual end (even though the end-boss wasn't a challenge) when with Rage, I assumed there would be more to it, like an actual climax.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By veektarius

Kotor 2 has the legit worst ending in video games. Mass Effect 3 is very similar in the general concept, that it seems rushed and does an unsatisfactory job of tying up the stories of the characters. The difference is, Mass Effect's problems were limited to very last scene of the game, whereas Kotor 2's were the entire last area.

My least favorite ending in movies... is probably a matter of taste, but I would say Fallen is an example of a movie that'd be much better with a different ending. Yes, I know he says at the beginning that he 'almost died'. But that movie would have been much more satisfying, and still have been enough of a downer ending, if everyone *including* Azazel had died.

I have an answer for books, too, but it's too obscure to talk about specifically here. Just beware of Joe Abercrombie if you like 'gritty' fantasy. Good writer, great buildup, shafts you with the endings.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By laserbolts

Deus Ex Human Revolution had a fucking shit ending.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By BoG

Metal Gear Solid 4. I really dislike Mass Effect 3's ending because I invested so much into the trilogy. I invested so much more into the Metal Gear series... and I was completely unsatisfied with the fourth game. The answer to just about every question is nanomachines. They overuse nanomachines to fill in plot holes, and really, destroy the magic of the series. Psychics and vampires don't exist in real life, but that is what made the MGS series so fun. Of course, it all comes down to nanomachines. Naomi can't die? Nanomachines. Raiden is alive? Nanomachines. STOP IT. IT'S SO STUPID. Then, Big Boss shows up, and... gosh. I still pretend that MGS4 never happened, and that the story ends after MGS2.

RobKenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RobKenno

Borderlands 
What a kick in the balls that was.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Canteu

Most recently: The Darkness 2

Overall: Tie between Borderlands/Fallout 3/Deus Ex: HR

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By Yanngc33

I know it's crazy to get picky about this but the ending of SSX's (2012) deadly descent mode (the game's story mode). Having to race a guy down a slope lined with crevasses with very little visibility sucked.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikey87144

@RobKenno: @Arker101: @jonnyboy: @JeanLuc: The story wasn't good enough for me to care about the ending in Borderlands. Loved the game, just the story was one big meh.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rapid

Musashi Samurai Legend what a dumb boss fight and then it just ends.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By ventilaator

Fallout 3. Easily. Before and after the patch. Both of those.

Other bad endings are either funny bad or bad-bad or "This is kind of disappointing" bad Fallout 3 is "Shoot whoever wrote this" bad.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silvergun

I'd love to hear why people seem to dislike Human Revolution's ending(s) so much. While I was less than impressed with the actual mechanics behind them, I loved the endings themselves.

As for what ending I thought was the worst, has to be Halo 2. It's a lot like Mass Effect 3's ending in that it sets up something awesome, and then proceeds to under-deliver in terrible ways. Difference is, in this case, Mass Effect kept going when it shouldn't have, while Halo 2 ended before it should have. If they'd cut from Master Chief's 'Let's finish the fight.' (or whatever it was) line to one final level with you trying to stop the Prophet from invading earth, I think it would have been spectacular.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@mikey87144 said:

@RobKenno: @Arker101: @jonnyboy: @JeanLuc: The story wasn't good enough for me to care about the ending in Borderlands. Loved the game, just the story was one big meh.

Oh, were talking purely story. I was thinking of Borderlands from a gameplay point of view.

I'd have to say KOTOR 2 then. Seemed like it was going somewhere interesting but then it just turned into a mess.

SilverTorch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SilverTorch1

The ending of the James Bond Quantum of Solace game was fucking awful. Anybody who has played it knows what I'm talking about.

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bawlsz

Rage's ending was awful, it just happens out of nowhere, Borderlands ending sucked, but the whole story sucked of Borderlands.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#50  Edited By donutfever
@James_Giant_Peach said:

Persona 3  

Dude, that's one of my favourite endings.